1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[usatoday]Charles Barkley: Jeremy Lin will trump Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 23, 2012.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...eremy-lin-will-trump-tim-tebow/1#.UA28x2EjkdU

Charles Barkley loves to talk for TV studio shows enough that he's even found a new venue: the NFL Network. Barkley was a guest on Total Access, where he compared two of the biggest phenoms of the past sports year: Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow.

Beginning at the 3:40 mark of the video, above, Barkley diagnoses how Lin and Tebow will perform in their new venues. Lin joined the Houston Rockets as a free agent last week after helping the New York Knicks reach the playoffs, while Tebow was traded to the New York Jets after the Denver Broncos acquired Peyton Manning in the offseason.

Here's Barkley's take on what to expect from each next season:

Well, I think Jeremy Lin is a good player. He's going to have more success. Tebow is a good kid, but he's honestly going there to be the backup. Jeremy Lin is going there to be the starting point guard, and he did some incredible stuff. I want to see him do well. That's one of the greatest stories I've ever seen, to be honest with you, as long as I've been involved with the NBA.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

great power forward

tebow hater

overall dumbass

3. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

he doesn't want to put his foot in his mouth again like the last time he talked smack about another Asian on the team.

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Lol kissing one arse is enough I guess

5. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Tebow is a bum

Lin actually has talent, stop comparing the 2

Tebow was drafted in the first round because he was a lighting-rod, not because of his talent. In fact he has the worst draft grade in history to ever go in the 1st round of the NFL Draft

Lin is the classic case of a guy who had the "actual" talent but was overlooked

I dont get why people are hating on Barkley for this, it used to kill me. When people would try and make the parallel between Lin and Tebow. Lin is an actual legit NBA Player, Tebow is a sideshow

You dont have to be a Tebow-hater to state the obvious

6. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Barkley is actually correct this time. Tebow gets a lot of hype considering he is a backup. Its not like he was an unheralded QB. He was extremely hyped as a prospect and ended up being a mediocre QB. Seriously what kind of QB can't even pass?

7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

True and true, but does Lin not have higher ceiling or potential than Tebow. Lin has the potential to become a top 10 point guard and above average player with some all-star potential.

There's no way I'm picking Tebow to ever even get close to becoming a top 10 QB.

8. imatexan

imatexan Member

Sir Charles.

A legend, love that guy.

Haters hate on.

9. Mariachi ROCKET

Sir Charles, you are correct Mr. Weight Watchers

10. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Jeremy Lin can probably throw a football more accurately than Tim Tebow.

11. ashiin

ashiin Member

Not to mention Jeremy Lin appeals globally whereas Tebow is meh.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

they are both millionaires that could get just about any girl they wanted not sure it matters

13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

If Tebow is your starting QB there is a pretty good chance your team is going to suck.

Lin could be a starter on a good team.

14. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Lin's a better PG and QB.

15. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

he gave the rocks a discount in his ring quest. its been straight downhill since ...

16. SevenMinuteAbs

Tebow = first rounder. terrible numbers, results thanks to his defense and kicker bailing him out multiple times.

Lin= undrafted/cut multiple times. incredible numbers, results, bailing his team(without their stars) out multiple times and getting them to the playoffs.

Barkley= speaking the truth

17. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

He doesn't want to kiss donkey ass again.

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I think my NEW best bud, JLin will have a better
    year than Tebow
    ......but all this hate towards
    Tebow is actually disturbing....Live and let Live!
    Peace & Love to all the Haters...........;)

19. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Couldn't have said it better myself. Don't get me wrong Tebow is a nice guy or at least supposedly a nice guy and I don't dislike him. However, he gets a lot of undeserved hype. I can understand Lin getting hype because he had a nice run and he is the only decent Asian Nba player right now so he is bound to get loads of hype. Tebow was a first rounder and actually failed to meet expectations. He is a mediocre QB and yet he has more hype and publicity than the actual elite QBs.... Makes no sense.

20. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Thank youmCharles for playing the hardest in that Seattle series, we almost did it, after, but alas, you let Karl bear hug clyde, n just put two arms up in a hope n stockton's BS went in.
    Man thanks Charles for the comments (usually a rox hater) and Thanks for your hard drive in Hou.

Sincerely,
    Scottie Quitten