1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OFFICIAL: Omer Asik a Houston Rocket (3 year/$25.1 million)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigbodymoe, Jul 1, 2012.

?

3-years, $25.1 million deal to Omer Asik -- is this a good deal for the Rockets?

1. YES

895 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. NO

446 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Omer

Omer Member

YES I AM COMING TO HOUSTON BABY

1 person likes this.
  2. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Bulls should just tank. Grab shabazz, go win champs haha...if it were only tht easy

3. Nero

Nero Member

Actually, I am thinking this may be a good strategy during the upcoming season.

Say we are about to play the Heat in Miami, the game is about to start, but, where are the Rockets?

Or maybe we are down by 30 at halftime, then comes the 2nd half, but.. where are the Rockets? No one can find them. They are not in the locker room, they won't answer their door at their hotel, they cannot be found at the arena..

It's not the NBA any more, it's the NHASL - The National Hide And Seek League...

;)

4. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Meh, if Avery Bradly gets healthy, the Celtics will be in ECF again vs Heat. Celtics didn't get worse, they got better with Terry, Lee, and Sullinger.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

Even if Rose is back after the ASB. He won't be the same for a while. Takes about a year to get back to the player you were pre-injury. I doubt the bulls are going to make much noise this year with or without Rose.

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

I wouldn't rule of the Knicks to be honest. They have considerable talent on there roster. Heat, Celtics, Knicks. I think it will end up being the Celtics Heat in the ECF though. Doc Rivers is a much better coach than Mike Woodson.

7. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Does this mean we have a starting caliber Center now?

8. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

That would be correct. He may be the backup come next week though ;)

9. ejarts

ejarts Member

Hell, if Denver made it to the playoffs with a bunch of hustlers, we could too, and we actually have talent now, young but talented. if only we have a great coach. I wish we can hire DAntoni as offensive coach then McHale can do the defense side. I don't trust McHales offense.

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Unless the Bulls have lost their minds.

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

They didn't get worse, but the Pierce and Garnett got older. Terry/Lee > Allen/Bradley, so that is a plus.

Rondo/Garnett are the key to making it back. Rondo has to keep being Mr. Triple Double and Garnett have turn the clock back games.

12. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

Anyone else feel like this will turn out like the time we got Goran from the Suns? Doesn't seem like a stellar move at the time, reaching for a underappreciated backup but I think Asik will prove his worth. I'm really excited to have a defensive center who'll block shots even if he is a total non-factor on the other end.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

You underestimate the impact Ray Allen had last season. Also, the Celtics were 4th seed last season, Chicago was tied for best record in the NBA with the Spurs. Chicago is simply the better team, it was just unfortunate that Rose got injured.

14. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

LOL :grin:

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

I feel the same way.

16. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Can Morey make it 3 for 3.

17. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I'm still wondering why we didn't just go with Camby but I haven't seen Asik play so I will wait and see before I judge the signing.

18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Camby wouldn't help this team get back on top. He'd only make our pick lower. Even if we did rebuild quickly, it would still take a couple of years to gel (see the cHeat). By then Camby would be too old to help. They are banking on Asik as being around once we crest the hill.

19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

We go with Camby for what exactly? He doesn't fit our youth movement. Plus it's a favor to Camby so that he could go to a contender.

20. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Knicks aren't contenders, lol.