1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sigh]Need help getting over a breakup

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Htown's2kFinest, Jul 22, 2012.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

You more than likely gradually slacked off, ignored her requests to do something for her, or just plain disrespected her... or did something recently that upset her. Right now, let things cool off and don't think that you need her to live your life. Do things you like and that don't remind you of her (for example, don't go to your favorite restaurant). When she calls or you "happen to see her", speak to her respectfully, and show her you're doing well (because you should, by the time she sees you). Don't start to go out with other girls too soon, or she will think it didn't bother you that she left you.

I agree with JD88.

Don't try to get her to explain why she broke it with you. For now, retrace your steps and see if you didn't do something silly that may have tipped her over the dge. :eek: Good luck, sir. Be strong and remember, all these geeks like me are here for you. It's not the end of the world. Try getting her back, but don't bother her.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I disagree. Don't go back rehash everything. There was most likely nothing he did wrong, it's just how she feels.

The best thing is to do is go out, do stuff, meet people, be active, get distracted.

3. body slam

body slam Member

^^^^^^this^^^^^^

Most all of us have been there. As hard as it is yry to focus on something else. When I have any kind of major problem or drama I'll clean my house or work in the yard. I'll do things I've been putting off. Then I'll go to Treasures or St James.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

First and only rule to reading a Swoly "advice" post: Do the opposite of whatever drivel he writes.

This. If you don't feel social because you feel like ****, have you really felt like ****? Try running around in the summer Houston heat (stay hydrated). Don't like spicy foods? Start now. Most likely you were going to enjoy what you ate (or maybe enjoyed it too much), so add some peppers and chili sauce for a change.

Put some hair on your chest. Realize that comfort is not the key to a happy life. Comfort is more likely stagnation, and now that you're unchained, you got a lot to do. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

While it's nice that you don't want to "drag other people down", you should look at the positive sides of single life. Most important is the fact that you don't have to give a **** what other people think.

1 person likes this.
  5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Have you gotten laid yet? LOL.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Here's what I did: Go outside. Stay out. Only come home to sleep or other emergencies.

When you're home alone, you'll start remembering her.

Also if you can find a 10, what's keeping you from finding another 10? Take a page from Kevin Love's book and rebound rebound rebound. Find another girl for you to release that frustration at (or in :)). That'll keep you busy until you find another 10.

7. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Quick way is to get out and live life; there many more out there. She moved on, time to make yourself do the same. Come out stronger and better that all you can do

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Fap? :p ahahahha

JK. i'm 12 and what's dating? :confused:

9. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Maybe the problem was you gave her too much attention

Girls dont like it when your whole world revolves around them.

Dont get me wrong girls like attention, but more "trying to get attention"

not the one that's there with a snap of a finger.

Relationships until you get marry is a mind game and usually who gives in first loses

You have to make them invest emotions into it to get more attach

10. Ashes

Ashes Member

She likely found someone else. It hurts to hear, but it happens more often than not.

No easy way to get over it. Just focus on important things in life other than her/relationships/women and time will do the rest.

11. conquistador#11

what if I told you we're getting Dwight Howard? would that get you over the tough times? Because we are!

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There should just be a sticky. It sucks to be dumped .

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You may not realize it now but maybe she is right and you're not best for each other in the long haul.

Easier said then done but don't think about why.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't worry about second guessing yourself. She's been communicating with you for a while, you can think about what she's been saying, but don't beat yourself up over it. Just worry about learning from it later on, and for now do as others have said and try and keep yourself busy.

It won't be easy, but just go out and have as much fun as you can as often as you can. At nights when it's just you by yourself I've found that watching old black and white movies particularly Humphrey Bogart and Carey Grant helps you pass the time and get involved in something so your mind isn't just wondering back to your ex.

15. Htown's2kFinest

Playing basketball and working out is some stuff I do. But that only does so much to hide the thoughts. There's so much that reminds me of her. I can't even pick up my phone without her popping up in my head. It's like a curse. Driving home is hard cause I don't want to be there.

At the end, she basically told me in her own way to not get down over this... It was a 'sorry' and a sad hug. I feel she is gone for good. I tried to hit her back to try and keep things open but there was no response. She just left me dry. And I didn't disrespected her and she never did asked for anything.

1 person likes this.
  16. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

I've been in your situation and it is hard as balls... I was always thinking about her even when I was keeping myself busy.

All I can say in my experience is time heals all wounds. I stayed off FB and anything that was connected to her. It took a while but you'll look back and laugh at the whole thing. At least I did

17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Why not play some 2K12 :)? I always find it to be a good distraction

18. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

Start going to the gym, make her see that you're bettering yourself than sitting and crying over her. She's prob already screwing some guy, let her run ff and be the w**** she was meant to be.

Just stay busy, go out!! Make new friends, this is like starting off new again, once you get out and see how GREAT it is to be single and the freedom that comes with it you won't ever want a relationship.

Ignore that C*nt, don't let her even get the privilege to receive a text from you or any sort of contact. Women tend to react to being ignored.

Goodlucj brother. Keep your head up, both of them.

19. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Htown--

Most of us have been where you are. I know I have. It sucks and you are hurting. The only thing that will heal that is time.

Going through this will make you a better person for whoever it is you are meant to be with.

Surround yourself with friends and family. They love you and you will need to draw strength from them to get through this.

It will get better over time. You just have to go through the healing process.

1 person likes this.
  20. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Surround yourself with music & sports. You said you watch SL so i guess the sports part is covered. Based on where you live & what type of music you listen to, be on the lookout for events. All you need is about one close friend & just go out.

Identity Fest is touring in almost every city, say what you want about Electronic music but it really is feel good music. Plus plenty of women go to events like that. I guess it also depends on your age & where you're at with money.

There's very few good women out there anymore, even though she was a 10, when someone breaks something off... You have to think "her/his loss". I hope you feel better bro, just remember... You're not the only one that's gone through this.

1 person likes this.