1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tailgaters in Houston are working my last nerve. Do yall routinely do 85 on a 35 exit

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Jul 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Thread needs to be edited to "I AM A p***y FROM THE MEMPHIS, THUR! ****, was that another tooth I just spit out?"

1 person likes this.
  2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I bet the OP uses two hands to drive also. punk

3. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Houston is one of the easiest cities I've even driven in, and despite the awful traffic, most of the drivers are polite.

1 person likes this.
  4. Hightop

Hightop Member

People treat the feeders like the freeway and go way to fast, making it hard to get on them, then get on the freeway. I throw hand-full of pennies coins out my window at those ****ers.

And what up with people going 90+ mph at 7:30 am when they know miles of rush-hour traffic is going to start in half a mile? Where do they think that speed is going to get them. Idiots.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Lmao at some of these replies.

OP may technically be right, but if you're exiting a Houston freeway at 35, you're the dangerous one.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Try driving in DFW for a few years. You'll miss H-Town's beautiful ballet.

1 person likes this.
  7. Pete the Cheat

At what exit does this happen most frequently? I'll make sure to flick you off next time as well

If you're scared of wolves don't go into the woods...p***y

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

Tailgaters indeed suck. I would say at least 85% of drivers have no clue what it means to "maintain a safe distance".

9. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The feeder is clearly marked as 45 MPH.
    People routinely drive 45-55 MPH on the exit ramp not 85 MPH. It's time to check the tires and the speed limit.

10. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I never knew my grandmother posted here. Guess I'll have to be careful about what I say in the future.

And the speed limit on feeders is the same as it is on the freeway, there may be a different "suggested speed" (yellow sign) but that's not the legal limit.

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Welcome to the big city bro, sounds like you're not cut out for it.

12. what

what Member

I seen a guy run right up on a trailer hitched to a truck like the trailer was supposed to move out of the way because the guy in the truck had the gall to actually try to get on the street in front of this dude.

Apparent people in houston don't realize that streets aren't one straight line and could care less if somebody needs to slow down to make a turn into a side street.

13. Pete the Cheat

We also don't play music with jugs. What's up with that?

1 person likes this.
  14. what

what Member

You're actually comparing houston's music with memphis? You better stick with the bbq debate (at least that way you have a fighting chance.) Memphis has at least 3 things in its musical heritage that is more famous than anything ever in houtson: stacks records, sun records and beale street, not to mention: isaac hayes, elvis, jerry lee, al green, wc handy, bb king, johnny cash, aretha franklin.

I mean, come on man, lets be real.

15. Convictedstupid

Yeah, so **** you what!

16. Pete the Cheat

Sounds like Memphis would be a pretty sweet place to live if this was the year 1960. It's too bad the mindset of the city hasn't exactly undergone much of a shift since then and has decayed into a cesspool of violent crime and apparently terrible drivers.

1 person likes this.
  17. Nero

Nero Member

I think the OP is really complaining about tailgaters, and not necessarily the speed limit on exit ramps.

Yes, tailgaters are ass-hats whose parents should have used contraception.

And I am not talking about someone who gets up close behind someone who is going too SLOW.

I am talking about these pieces of garbage who get right on someone's tail, even if they are already going 75-80.

Dude, I am already breaking the speed limit, if you want to go faster than me, GO AROUND.

Nothing gives me more pleasure than a couple little taps on the brake when some dip**** decides he wants to try to make me move out of his way by sticking his stupid pickup grill on my bumper.

:grin:

18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

THIS x100000

Holy crap DFW drivers are so terrible. No understanding of traffic flow and a bad mix of slow and aggresive drivers.

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

Is it just me or are people these days missing the point of the extreme left lane? I am guessing more people are starting to use cellphones (talking or texting) now.

20. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

LOL@thread backfire.