1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Courtney Lee traded to Celtics!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Jul 19, 2012.

1. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

I'd be shocked if that part changed. I think I read somewhere that the issue regarding Moore's contract had been cleared up and that we had until Sunday to waive him. I guess they had to throw in pavlovic to make the math for Courtney's salary to work. Sasha's contract should be non guaranteed as well according to what I read last night. Boston might have had I throw in a late 2nd rounder or cash to Portland for their trouble (my speculation).

2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Where did you read that? I still haven't seen concrete evidence of resolution to Moore's contract status.

I can tell you at least that Pavlovic (who is being signed-and-traded), by rule, will have a three-year deal that will be fully guaranteed for his first season at least.

Portland was that third team the Celtics were looking for to eat Pavlovic's salary, which was necessary to pay Lee what he wanted. The Blazers likely get cash to cover Pavlovic's salary and/or a second rounder.

The Rockets are definitely keeping that Charlotte second rounder.

3. Futurama02

Futurama02 New Member

per ESPN Rumors:

According to the newspaper, the Houston Rockets are sending Courtney Lee [ via a sign-and-trade], to the Celtics and Boston is sending out JaJuan Johnson, E'Twaun Moore, Sean Williams, Sasha Pavlovic [sign-and-trade] and a second-round draft pick.

Portland reportedly is part of the trade and they're going to receive one of those players and potentially the draft pick.

Lee will likely be the Celtics opening night starter at shooting guard, with Jason Terry as the backup.

-- Nick Borges

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Moore got excited
    Then Moore got worried

Thinking you was guaranteed . . then boom . . maybe not

Rocket River

5. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Some random Celtics blog post I found after doing Google searches on the trade. They didn't specify anything about where Pavlovic was going (probably bc they didnt know) and must have been speculating on Pavlovic's non-guaranteed status according to what you just wrote.

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald: It took awhile and a couple of false starts, but the Celtics got their man last night, acquiring Courtney Lee from Houston in a sign and trade for JaJuan Johnson, E’Twaun Moore, Sean Williams, Sasha Pavlovic and a second-round draft pick. The paperwork is expected to be finalized today. The deal originally had Phoenix and New Orleans as facilitators, but that came apart late yesterday afternoon Pacific time. Late last night, Portland became the third team and Pavlovic was included. The amended details were still being learned as the Herald’s final print deadline passed, but the Celts will clearly be ecstatic to acquire the coveted 6-foot-5 Lee without disturbing their main rotation.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

um ...yeah, the trade was basically about the 2nd round pick. there is very little reason for us to have made that trade unless we were getting a 2nd round pick. We can't like Johnson that much.

The BSPN rumor has to be dead wrong ...as usual. Portland is not getting the Bobcats' 2nd round pick.

#407 Aruba77, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

I watched them play this summer.
    New coach and new style.
    They are playing up-tempo defensive. Quite a change.
    Who knows if it will translate, but from the games i saw, they looked like a completely different team.

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

LOL

summer league != regular season success

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

No, not definitely. Perhaps Orlando might be on the clock?

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

LOL, reading comprehension not a strong suit?

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

no, I comprende just fine, adding this line

does not mitigate the wrongness of the rest of the post.

Unless you were being sarcastic, in which case I withdraw my mockery. ;)

13. ejarts

ejarts Member

why are you guys so gay about fab melo? we have enough rookies. Jesus.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is similar to another post I saw where someone said something like "You definitely need to watch Movie A to understand this but it isn't necessary."

Um...do I definitely need to watch it or is it not necessary? LOL

These summer league super fans can't have it both ways.

"I can tell these guys are going to be stars based on summer league but I know it doesn't translate."

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Ya know, don't get me wrong. I did enjoy watching the rooks in SL and was very pleased to see them demonstrate some skills that I think will translate to the real games. I also know that taking the real next step is in no way assured, and will depend on the drive of the player and the opportunities they receive and how they take advantage of those opportunities.

Some folks see the level of skill and forget that the real games are a step or two above the SL and there have been a ****-ton of rooks who looked like world beaters in SL just to fail miserably in the real league.

16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Haha, yeah. I'm sure it'll be a sweetener to a Dwight Howard package.

You know what I meant. :p

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Good luck CL, glad you went East.

18. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Going to miss C. Lee, he was great for the Rockets but since we are in no way contenders at this point, I am glad his talent will be of use on a team that has a chance.

19. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

You know what? I was reserving judgment on you regardless of what others on the board were saying about you. I'm a nice guy like that. However, I have come to the conlusion that, you sir, are an idiot. Lee was a FREE AGENT. Just like a certain Marcus Camby. They could have walked for nothing. We did Boston a favor this time around. This is what you do to set yourself up for a favor later in business. Hindsight 20/20, name one move that didn't happen this year that Morey completely struck out on. Just 1 that didn't turn into something later. Yeah, I didn't think so. We are most obviously setting up to rebuild in the likely scenario that these trade rumors never transpire. We don't need people like Camby and Lee accidentally winning us additional games. Do you want this team to stay in mediocrity hell? What is wrong with you? Clearly, the person who doesn't have a clue here is you, with all do respect, which isn't much.

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Hopefully, the Rocks will at least be a threat for top four in West by training camp.