1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 1/11/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Game Information, Potential Radio Links, Rockets History vs. Nuggets
    http://www.clutchcity.net/nextgame.cfm?NextGameID=331

Game Chat Starts At 7:30pm
    http://www.clutchcity.net/chat.cfm

ClutchCity.net Previous Recap: Hawks 84, Rockets 75
    http://www.clutchcity.net/game.cfm?gameID=330

<B>Note:</B> It's tougher to find audio links online since the NBA has cracked down on radio stations playing the games on the web, but if there are good radio links for the game, please post them here or communicate them in the chat room.

Thanks,
    Clutch

2. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

This is a win.

We lost a bad game and should come out much better.

Denver just won an emotionally charged victory over Portland.

Rockets by 8.

3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I'm not too excited about this game. If we play like we did last night then we'll lose, especially if the Nuggets play as well as they did last night. Its strange, I remember A-train complaining about us not being able to beat teams whose records are over .500, now we beat them regularly...but we lose to sub .500 teams, regularly. I don't get it.

4. pooh222

pooh222 Member

Games like this are bad news for the Rox. They sure need to win this game after the pitiful effort last night. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost though.

5. WNBA

WNBA Member

This will be an EASY win.

I predict: 38:14

Yao: 31 points, 19 reb, 3 bk.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I wouldn't be surprised if we lose and then hear the same excuses indemnifying rudy of any culpability. :rolleyes:

7. thehkmint

thehkmint Contributing Member

It's been proved that we will lose the game when anyone says we can win it easily... :rolleyes:

Can i predict 4:3 ? ;)

8. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

******* it. there goes the game.

9. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

We will loose!

Denver is to bad of a team for the Rockets to beat!!

10. orateam

orateam Member

I saw last nights game and here is what i think.

Mobley heaved just as many shots as yao and only made 1 more.
    8 of them were 3pointers and 6 misfired and were long rebounds (fast breaks for the other team).

Posey gave 12 useless minutes.

Rice continues to be worthless 5-15 (4 long rebounds for fastbreaks)

Yao had an off night, but again, it's obvious steve and Mobley need to channel him more. Too many times he ran through the middle where a pass to him would mean 2 pts, just to go unoticed while Mobley and francis threw up 32 shots (making 11)

I feel bad for Yao, I'm sure he's got rudy yelling at him to shoot more, but unfortunately his teamates rarely use him. He must feel so much pressure to nearly shoot every touch.

I look at the lakers and how shaq is used. He backs his man down, if he's double teamed he outlets the ball but all players on the team still look for him. When he passes the ball out, there is still a good chance it will find it's way back to him. When yao passes out, it's unlikely the ball comes back to him and he's now learned to just look away and start positioning for a rebound.

Rudy T. needs to figure this out if the rockets are to dominate. What they did the Magic should be a blueprint.

11. edwardlo

edwardlo Member

I think Yao playing less aggressive to avoid personal foul. Cos very time he has 2 fouls, Rudy will sit him down on the bench. That's explain why Yao is not playing aggressive as he should be. The T's at the last night game has proved it. I like to see Yao get 5 aggressive fouls per game and soon or later, all these refs will accept that this is part of Yao play. Just look at Shaq, a lot of his offensive fouls weren't being called. I hope Yao can show some fire in tonight game.

Go Rocket!

12. SoSoDef76

SoSoDef76 Contributing Member

This game is a statement game. The Rockets must prove once and for all they can beat teams they should beat. This game is also a momentum game. The Rockets' next six games are against Boston, Phoenix, Lakers, San Antonio, Dallas and Detroit. We really need this home win to build some confidence going into that tough stretch.

13. nineteen

nineteen Member

Pip,

They are the best defenders ever!

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

We will win clearly. We will have a pretty good offensive game. I expect us to crack the 100 mark. Rockets by at least 15. Posey will have his best game so far as a Rocket. Cato and Mo Taylor will have good games.

15. yaozhuxi

yaozhuxi Contributing Member

against the team like nuggets with poor guards and forwards we sure win. the best is to win at 3rd qt, then let yao sit biside rudy to take a break.

16. chingwen

chingwen Member

Let's be serious calculate Rox chance to win this one. I see the positives:

1. Rudy feels pressure he has no strategy to play sub par team (today's Chronicle article). He will come out some plays. Rudy can't afford losing this one, when the following three games are dog fighting.
    2. Yao and Francis got big votes and feel pressure. They can't afford consecutive poor performance.
    3. Rox usually win home court after a road loss.
    4. Nuggets do not want a hard fight after a hard fight win.

Negatives:

1. Play a subpar team, they lose focus.
    2. Rox get high and low easily. They are pretty much low right now.
    3. Juwan and Nene will try one-on-one physical play against Yao that proves effective.

Rox will grab this win.

17. YaoFan

YaoFan Contributing Member

Are the words "sure" "clearly" synonyms of "easily"?
    :confused: :confused:

18. hatershaker

hatershaker Member

Last night was ridiculous! There were so many bad passes that I lost count. Guys were missing open shooters by 3 feet!! I think they went out and celebrated a little too much in Orlando the night before, but thats just me. They sure looked hungover (or something) to me. Maybe tonight after a good night's sleep they can beat a subpar team.

Look for Yao to have a good shooting night. (he's due)

Stevie has got to learn how to make his teamates better. Not
    just his statline. Get everyone involved, for crying out loud!

And hey Rudy. Glen Rice should not play 30+ minutes per. Especially when you have a 25 year old sold-defender ,with his best bball in front of him, in Posey on the bench. Posey has been here long enough to start at SF. Rice would be much better coming off the bench for some instant offense, or coaching would be ideal.

come on rudy

ps. Shaq was just familiarizing Yao on his Chinese Ebonics. Ching Chong Chang Ching translates to I cant shoot a free throw to save my life, whats your secret?

19. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The Nuggets will have this one wrapped up by the start of the fourth quarter...

20. Munozadj

Munozadj Contributing Member

I never want to predict the outcome and always remain skeptic of an easy victory to help me calm down and not expect too much. I've always never guessed a win even when something like last night was supposed to be candy from a baby, "gimmie," or automatic. When I am pessimistic, they pull a win out of Rudy's ass somehow and I get giddy knowing I didn't expected such a close win or a stomping. (Such as Dallas!) I won't do one thing, I will not ever say the Rockets will lose, but I will quietly think it.

Don't you have superstitions too?

I hope someone puts a glass lid on the Nugget's basket, though.