1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight update: Not close to a trade with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

This isn't news to the Rockets. They want to be able to have the chance to get Dwight to sign the extension next summer with them. Owning his "bird rights" going into next summer would put them at significant advantage obviously.

Deron did the same thing with the Nets. In fact, this would deter Lakers more than Rockets unless they have made private promises with Lakers that they'd definitely extend.

2. Zarriko

Zarriko Member

I think the key is this . . . "If he waits until his current deal expires, Howard would be eligible to sign a new five-year deal for as much as $108 million."

He has no plans to sign an extension with anyone because he wants more years and more money. Apparently it's the same type of situation for Chris Paul from what I've heard.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8...oward-sign-extension-team-explore-free-agency

1 person likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, because Dirk had no help. Jason Kidd, Shawn Marion, and Jason Terry were scrubs. Not.

4. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Yeah, let's see how ESPN will continue to spin things, when hours ago they "reported" that LA wanted confirmation (as did Cleveland in dealing for Bynum) that Dwight would re-up with them.

You can be it won't stop the "Dwight to LA" reports though.

This has surpassed Melodrama and The Decision combined.

As much as I will always hate the Jazz, got to respect the way they moved Deron Williams and avoided all this nonsense.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Throw out semantics here. 3 players who can dominate (create their own shot as needed) and produce on a high level consistently ok?

6. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Although I do recall reading one ESPN report that stated LA, like Houston, would trade for him without him agreeing to stay after the season.

But, with all the jumping to conclusions they do when it's reported "Dwight will re-up in LA"... there will be NO jumping to conclusions now that "Dwight to LA is done... he won't re-up and they wanted assurance of that... let's move on".

(wait, we can't move on... the only other team that everyone knows will take him without agreeing to re-up is HOUSTON.... oh sh--.... somebody come up with something... How about "sources confirm Dwight has had a change of heart after attending a local LA soccer game. The cheers for him really swayed him and he wants to be a part of the LA scene now"... Yeah, ok... sounds good... let's roll with it!)

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Exactly. How in the world is this anything bad for the Rockets? :confused:

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

God I hope he gets traded soon. Here or wherever.

Save the rookies.

9. vernonmaxwell86

hes never going to sign an extension, doesnt make since for him financially

its all about who has the balls to gamble and finally acquire him and his bird rights

10. liveguy

liveguy Member

......and that was for Melo AND Billups!

A "superstar" player that assured he would sign long term.

And that's all the Knicks gave up for him!

Worked out pretty well for Denver.

Their a playoff team.

Meanwhile.....people wanna sell the farm for a dude that has said he DOESN'T want to play in the H and refuses to sign long-term. Lol

Wake up!!!!!

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This cat is in the bag. I'm calling it for Tuesday.

12. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Yeah, I believe Rockets will get him. We have the best package. No way Magic will decline our package. Lets hope we keep three rookies but its unlikely. We will see.

13. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

I just don't see why everybody wants Dwight..I have pride in my city Houston and if he doesn't like the H then F him

14. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As though Morey hasn't been chasing him for two years. Just weird reading some of this stuff.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yes. We've hit the jackpot. We've won the primadona Dwightmare sweep steaks. I can hear the circus off in the distance, slowly making its way towards town. Yay!

It's like winning the clap.

16. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

LOL. So that Pingalore douche said that the Howard to LA talks are being sparked by his strong desire to stay away from Houston, which may very well be true. But he then went on to say the deal from the Rockets is:

Parsons, Lamb, D-Mo, TJones, White, Martin, TOR pick, and HOU pick (which we can't even trade as it's due as a lottery protected pick to MEM).

Not even worth posting the link.

17. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

You're right. It would suck to be relevant again. Maybe we should turn to our rookies, who dominate the summer league, that's proven talent!

18. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

I'll be pissed if Dwight is traded here at the expense of most of our young talent and then bolster to another team..he has no loyalty to Houston

19. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Exactly. Which is why whichever team that trades for him has a huge advantage. There aren't going to be many teams with enough cap space (and almost certainly no good ones) to sign him outright. And the team that trades for him will be able to give him max dollar that he can't get anywhere else.

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Where has it been said that he doesn't like Houston? All that's been said it that he wouldn't sign an extension here. By that logic, since he actually won't sign an extension with anybody, he must hate every NBA city, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.