1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Courtney Lee traded to Celtics!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Jul 19, 2012.

1. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Thank you for finally putting some common sense into the equation here.

2. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

That tweet was from much earlier in the day.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

so we are getting pick, young players for a veteran of 3, 4 years

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, but still, this thread has no newer news, but the thread got sticky'd in the last hour or so. Maybe it was sticky'd just to stay on top.

5. vernonmaxwell86

Steve Bulpett ‏@SteveBHoop
    Getting word PHX & New Orleans are the teams that were - and still may be - involved in Celt deal for Courtney Lee. #icecreamheadache

6. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

1. Lakers have nothing to offer other than Bynum... Any team who can be a 3-way facilitator for the Lakers-Magic trade is pretty much eligible to trade for Howard directly.

Indeed, What can Lakers add to the package to make Magic more likely to trade Howard away? Old dudes? Very late 1nd and 2nd round draft picks?

2. Bynum doesn't fit in our long-term plan that well...

One reason why Morey wants Howard is that he has kinda superstar effect which will likely to lure other superstars to our team. This will save us 3 or 4 years to develop the rookies from raw even if they have the that level of potential...

Another problem is that, after the trade we, needa 3 years to clear up the cap in order to add or develop solid supporting cast to our core (Bynum and other star who he lures into our team.) This really means years 4-6 are when we will have a real shot to the champion. Yet, it is questionable that if Bynum can stay healthy for that long, and we also have no idea if his past surgeries will make him declines earlier than expected.

3. I really don't believe Howard-Bynum trade is likely to happen, unless Magic is willing to trade away Howard for less... Magic is probably making these noise in a hope that Rockets will add more to the offer sheet.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Damnit was hoping the deal was done. I hope we still get 3J and bobcats 2nd round pick. Hopefully maybe even another 2nd round pick for Moore and Williams.

8. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Yeah, I never heard anything on a definite resolution of the trade either. I was just saying that that particular tweet had been posted in this thread many pages earlier.

This was from 10 minutes ago so definitely not finalized. My guess is they're looking for a team that will take Moore, since his contract might be guaranteed now.

9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Moore's contract might be guaranteed . . . if traded to HOUSTON.

But both Phoenix and New Orleans are still playing in the summer league (just checked; both teams play games tomorrow). If traded to a team that is still playing in the summer league, Moore can be waived without that team having to pay his salary.

Quirky, I know.

(FYI: Jon Leuer's contract was structured the same way, which is why he was waived on the day of the Rockets' last summer league game.)

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

I would assume it'd cost the Rockets a pick to take on Moore's contract.

11. Garner

Garner Member

Why???

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Apparently, he is thinking in reverse.

13. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Even if it effectively costs that team nothing to accept and waive Moore, they still want a transaction fee for their time.

For what it's worth, that same guy quoted earlier tweeted this over an hour ago:

14. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

Well, they aren't just going to help us consumate a deal out of the kindness of their hearts, I wouldn't think. Unless we have a under the table agreement or some kind of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" thing going on. As far as it needing to be a pick, I'm not sure.

15. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

By the end of the summer Morey will own every draft pick for the next 3 years and Rob Hennigan/ESPN will still say LAL and CLE are the best trading partners.

1 person likes this.
  16. That Boi Oz

That Boi Oz Member

JaJuan Johnson is nice. I can't argue with this at all. Got a good pick from CHA as well.

We don't let free agents just walk away for nothing in H-Town. We not the Knicks mang!

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

I don't think the Rox are desperate enough to give up a pick just to get rid of a player, maybe the other wants a look at him. INstead of a pick they could give cash instead.

18. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Having said that, just got word from source: Players been told <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523Rockets">#Rockets</a>-<a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523Celtics">#Celtics</a> deal is OKd. Took some wrangling, but Lee will go to BOS.</p>&mdash; Sean Deveney (@SeanDeveney) <a href="https://twitter.com/SeanDeveney/status/226160433495683073" data-datetime="2012-07-20T03:43:43+00:00">July 20, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Steve Bulpett ‏@SteveBHoop
    Deal for C. Lee brought back from dead. Portland steps in as 3rd team. Celts also sign and move Sasha Pavlovic (w/Moore, Johnson, Williams)

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Want to thank all the ppl in Houston friends and fans enjoyed my time. Also would like to thank all the Cs fan for the love 17+1 leggoo!!</p>&mdash; Courtney Lee (@CourtneyLee2211) <a href="https://twitter.com/CourtneyLee2211/status/226175767485247488" data-datetime="2012-07-20T04:44:39+00:00">July 20, 2012</a></blockquote> <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>