1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Price for Bynum

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oakdogg, Jul 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. allaroundplayer

bynum wants the ball too much. since d-mo has shown his ability to score inside, and if the rockets get asik, they have little interest to acquire bynum i believe. as well as jones who is a strong rebounder, i don't see why you add somebody to play 35 minutes a game and reduce their minutes, because there is not much talent or athletic difference cumulatively with the rookies and the size of asik. why would they want to pay asik $8 million per year to play 15 minutes a game? i also think they plan to include patterson in the rotation and go small if they don't find a backup center.

2. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, so it’s the framework of a deal that would eventually involve Bynum signing an extension before the Cavaliers make a trade, the Cavaliers wanting to include only second round picks and Orlando insisting that someone takes on several of their crap contracts?

Now I see why it hasn’t been done.

1 person likes this.
  3. coweye

coweye Member

They can get Martin and the Toronto pick. More I wouldn't give for a player in the last year of his contract.

4. allaroundplayer

i wouldn't rule out the rockets to get varejao. if orlando doesn't want him, they could trade martin and 1 or 2 picks and also take duhon. so that will give orlando 3 or 4 picks, and then the rockets could sign Lee to replace Martin.

5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's basically what Atlanta got for Joe Johnson and NO got for Chris Paul. It really just appears to be the going rate for a max player in any year of the contract.

6. Iamshawnstay

Iamshawnstay Member

The rookies are beasting too hard...i dont care if it is summr league. They doing it wIth ease!! Im liking muchado or whatever his name is too...haha

7. CDave

CDave Member

You're missing it!

Orlando wants to leverage Houston against another bidder with same or similar assets to get the most out of the deal.

Morey of course, would prefer to be the only suitor so he could low ball for Howard.

The Lakers have the piece that makes a three-way deal possible since Howard is willing to land with the Lakers but not the other destinations and that allows Orlando to negotiate for as much as possible since both the Rocks and the Cavs would be very happy with Bynum.

That's basically it.

8. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Dwight is leaving in the trade, so the price we pay going to be the same, the return for us is less, but the price we give is less, because we take on less in contracts. Make sense? We eat less contracts, but give up as much as before.

9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Kevin Martin, Toronto pick, Jones, Patterson or Morris, Dallas pick and one bad contract.

10. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Fixed. :grin:

11. coweye

coweye Member

In a trade with Bynum or Howard involved we would be on the bad end. Even they would sign an extension with us.We have a lot of talent and this the other teams want from us. Alone Howard or Bynum won't bring us a Championship.You need a good supporting cast with room for improvement. Moreys job is not to make the Lakers or Magic younger or provide a home for their overpaid players.

12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

No team in the history of the NBA has ever gotten talent greater than or equal to their all-star big man, and our current roster, even if every single player maximized their potential, is not talented enough to compete for a ring.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

kmart, toronto pick, jones is about the max I would offer. Of course, they can have morris who is useless too.

14. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

Martin, 2Pat, Morris, Tor Pick, Dallas Pick, and maybe our picks for Howard

Martin, 2Pat, Morris, Tor Pick, Dal Pick for Bynum.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

This. I don't see why the price would be much lesser.
    The Lakers have no picks in the near future, so the Magic would still expect most of the value to come from the Rockets.

Now, if the Lakers include Pau (to the Rockets or via a 4th team for more picks and expirings), then it could get interesting.

But if it's just Bynum, then I don't see how it's that much better than a direct Rockets-Magic trade for Howard.

16. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

D-Mo cant block shots.. And he was playing up againist summer league rookies, and journey men. The NBA is a different animal all-together

Still want Bynum.. hoping a 3-way is announced soon with the Lakers, Rockets, and Magic

17. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

You've declared our rookies better than Patterson? Damn you guys waste no time. Is D-Mo the next Duncan

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Listen DaDakota, trust in Murrey

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

No, he's more similar to Moses Malone, but better passer.

20. Precision340

Precision340 Member

shouldn't be.. and at this point I would rather take Bynum.