1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bynum- Buyer Beware

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ktex, Jul 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'd still gamble on Bynum - seein as we have Asik as a backup - and will prob retain Smith or Harrelson... and DMo can always fill a few minutes if needed...

comes down to what it costs us.... KMart expiring contract/PPat/Royce OR Jones/Dallas pick/ny 2nds/odds n ends to fill out other teams rosters.... dont know if I'd be willin to toss in the Toronto pick.... I'd even take on a crappy contract or two (JRich, Big Baby - no to hedo though...)

as for giftwrapping D12 for LA... let Dwight n Kobe squabble as Pau and MWP continue to decline... i'm not scared of them...

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Sure have. In my opinion, the mental flaws that lead you to lashing out the way Bynum has (on both opponents and referees) are not correlated with the mental strength to push through injuries. Apples and oranges, to me.

3. Trackball

Trackball Member

So he's a terrible human being AND he's injury-prone?

Yeah, pass.

Can't score from the bench.

Can't defend from the bench.

Can't rebound from the bench.

...I sound like Allen Iverson. I'm shutting up now.

4. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

A better question would be, do you want to pay max money to a guy with bad knees, an overall bad injury history, a questionable work ethic, and a bad attitude?

5. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

It would improve us if he stays healthy, but the cost would include Dwight being a Laker, and it is hard to imagine us putting a team together with Bynum that would beat their team based around Dwight any time in the next 3-4 years. Dwight is a player other stars would come to your team to play with. I'm not convinced Bynum is. I'd be fine signing Bynum as a free agent, but I'm not real excited about helping Dwight get to the Lakers. Especially considering all the assets the Magic want would be ours and not the Lakers.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Because Dwight is better. More marketable. Perhaps?

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Has the doc examined the patient?

8. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

Scroll down to similar threads and see "Buyer Beware : Chris Bosh"

9. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Do you have a PHD in psychology ? Seriously man you can't really believe that ? If a person is mentally weak it will show in many different facets of that persons life,especially the way you handle an adversity such as an injury that causes constant pain.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I think broad, sweeping generalizations on whether someone is "mentally weak" or "mentally strong" are simplistic and inaccurate. It's possible to be mentally weak in some respects and mentally strong in others. Humans and their brains are very complex.

11. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Right, but going off this guys past actions, it's clear that something is wrong mentally.Couple that with his history of serious injuries and you have a recipe for failure.He has a history of lashing out violently at opponents,ignoring his coach,not following game plans,ignoring team rules etc etc ... why the hell would anyone want this guy ... lakers obviously don't

12. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Bynum is better than Asik, and a starting C in the All-Star Game for the next 5 years

get real

13. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Hahah Lakers have made Bynum untouchable for the longest

if it takes Bynum to get freaking Dwight Howard, that speaks more to Bynum than it does his past history

He aint a Ron Artest or anything like that

just take him

14. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

After dealing with Yaos injuries which eventually ended his career short... Why in the world would anyone want Bynum who has been riddled with injuries his career???

Add that to his attitude and work ethic....

Pass!

15. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Bynum just came of a better season than Yao has ever had in the NBA

and you forget how RAW.. Bynum was coming out of high-school, you dont get as good as he was last year, with having a bad work-ethic hahah.

16. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Of course you prefer Dwight, so that when he ditches us after the season, you can give Morey an excuse and blame Dwight for not signing. Bynum has clearly said he wants to resign with the Rockets, and you say no

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Bynum will ask max contract, if he is going to be injured, then the rockets will be in very bad shape for the next 5 years, and Asilk is cheap, young, and a better person. Well you really need stay away from Obama for a while to learn more basketball? :)

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Bynum has never said a word about wanting to re-sign with the Rockets. There was a Yahoo story that came out saying as much, but Bynum's agent just spoke to a Cleveland reporter and scoffed at that article saying it was completely untrue and nobody from the Bynum camp had spoken with anyone at Yahoo about the subject.

19. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Look at the contracts for Asik, Brook Lopez, and Roy Hibbert.. And ask yourself if Bynum asking for a max contract is a dumb thing

come on you guys are full of excuses. Bynum is 24, and would fit our youth movement to a tee

If D-Mo is a loud-mouth and cocky, havinf Bynum wont be much worse( Bynum isnt Ron Artest or anything)

20. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Bynum will sign with the Rockets if he is traded here, trust me

Dwight has said NO..

Bynum will like to be the star here in Houston