1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maybe..just maybe... Daryl Morey isn't "that" smart

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dreamshake1, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Now comes news that Dwight absolutely is stating that he doesn't want to come to Houston. That he doesn't think Houston is a winner.

Way back during the TMac injury ordeal. I told people on this board. You can't be a GM and publicly air your laundry the way he was with TMac. It looks bad. And you know players talk. If your the NBA players you saw what was transpiring between Morey and TMac and said to yourself (maybe) "Hey I don't want no part of that."

Fast foward to every FA since then. NONE want to come to Houston and suddenly we are left wondering why? We have struck out on Bosh, Amare, Carmello, D Will, Dwight. Not a single player takes Houston seriously. But this sudden change in philosophy from players (Houston was a place where we got pretty much any player we wanted before) has nothing to do with the current admin? Especially when you see them Dump JVG and Rick for McHale? Thats suppossed to be seen as a winning move?

Fact is Houston is stuck in basketball hell because Morey has NO people skills.

2. buddyboy

buddyboy Member

Your argument is so inconsistent; on one hand, you criticize him, and I would say that the criticism has merit, for not luring in a superstar. For failing to bring in that big player that will change the franchise.

Houston's been starving for that big name player who will change the culture and identity of our team ever since Yao went down.

On the other hand, you nitpick deals like signing Johnny Flynn. Joey Dorsey?? Signing Francis and Mike James. Ultimately, every GM makes small, minor moves like this where there is low risk. The 2009 draft players (Hill, Flynn, Thabeet, Twill) did not pan out. I don't think anyone will argue that. But if you look at the direction the franchise had been, and still is, going, it makes sense. We're looking for a star. We're looking for guys who can be "that guy".

Obviously, none of them were, but they all had some tiny potential to be. Low risk, high reward.

You've also been harping on the way certain coaching changes were handled. If you don't think that direction came from the very top, I think you're misguided. And would you like to have Adleman in here, not giving time to the young players? We may have never seen Parsons do what he did last year.

You've been asking over and over, what makes Morey "GREAT". Not many will call him "GREAT", especially after all these years of mediocrity. I will say he has done an above average to good job of handling our assets in our search for THE next face of the franchise.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

We got whatever player we wanted because we had Hakeem then we had Yao. I don't know if you've noticed, but we don't have anybody like that anymore. It has nothing to do with Morey and everything to do with the fact we no longer have a superstar.

1 person likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL, for somebody who lacks people skills, he somehow gets tons of favorable press coverage by NBA writers, and is somehow invited to speak in public all the time, and is always burning up the twitters and is probably more fan-accessible than any GM in the NBA.

Must becuase he is an ultra-aloof Asperger's super genius and not the cuddly approachable type like Jerry Krause, Pat Riley, Michael Jordan or Zeke Thomas.

Not enough rolleyes in the world for the scale of your fail.

1 person likes this.
  5. Nero

Nero Member

Good grief, how many alts does this guy HAVE?

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Stars do not want to come to Houston because Houston has no existing stars. Stars like to go to teams that have a chance of winning, that means teams with established stars, such as Lakers, Celtics, Nets, Clippers, Heat, ect. Houston does not have a said star, therefore we are not very high on anyone's priority list currently. Such a simple thing to understand, yet it somehow is a concept that so many half wits like you fail to grasp. THAT is what truly amazes me.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Not sure if this is a sock, this guy just seems kind of none too bright, judging from his past posts.

Actually edit: he's all over the D&D too, yeah he's probably a marionette

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Is this who I think it is? The tone of this topic sounds awfully familiar.

9. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

I was told yesterday to back off the comments about you know who because you know who is in Austin and these other people who, walk like a duck talk like a duck and may be you know who, have their cities listed as other than Austin. One of them lists "Slovenia" as his home but seems oddly on line during the same hours we are in the US and must not sleep. He popped up in July and will have more posts than me before the end of the month.

10. Garner

Garner Member

Just say his name you pansy- Voldermort.

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Wow! That's a relief. For moment there I thought Mav-Hater was talking about Hastur The Unspeakable One, Him Who Is Not to be Named. Last I heard, he was in Slovenia.

12. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

I was told the Slovenian one is not him whose name cannot be spoken because he is from Slovenia. Although, in less than 30 seconds, I can move from Mansfield, TX to Bora Bora!!

13. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Let me get this straight: A dumbass like you feels the urge to go rooting through someone's posts to find out if I'm really not just me. Feverishly hacking away at the search button, trying oh so hard to deduce whether or not I'm Dakota. Sam fisher works through the night to come to his conclusion.

"Damn him I will prove its a phony screen name"

Sigh....maybe not so ill try insulting him for not being on board with our DM cult. How dare he not love our Houston Moreys. Err you calling anyone not too bright is hilarious in its own right. Please do us all a favor and save your stupid for Bigtexx and basso threads. We get plenty of it over there.

14. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

He is too trade-obsessed

15. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

Excuses :(

Superstars won't come here because we have the least player stability in professional sports. Players come here, play they're butts off and get shipped off. That's on Morey. Also Morey's poor reputation among the league doesn't help any. Just look at how Orlando just skipped over us and chose to deal with Cavs. Are you telling me the team with more assets & cap space can't outbid Cleveland:confused: Its the inability to land a superstar and poor reputation among the league that hurts Morey. But ofcourse clutchfans thinks he's already HOF bound