1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Great chance for quick and exciting rebuild.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bbllr3431, Jul 19, 2012.

1. bbllr3431

bbllr3431 Member

Posted this in another thread but it got me thinking. Regardless on the dwightbynum situation morey has the team in a great situation to rebuild. With the addition of lin, alexander should be ok with rebuilding since hell still make tons of money.

The reason i dont want bynum is because his treatments are to help with pain management and his lack of pnr offense and defnese arent suited with todays league or our up tempo team.

I dont want dwight either because taking him on gives away our max salary flexibility or rookies. Plus woth him being in his prime he doesnt fit with our cores age group.

I would instead advocate a rebuild starting nextnyear by letting out expirings in martin, brockman, livingston, and forbes walk. And renouncing our holds on douglas and mot extending team options for ppat or morris. http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

This leaves us with
    Lin
    Lamb
    Parsins white
    Dmo jones
    Asik

With how young and bad our team could potentially be our pick should be top 5. If tor sucks again we get their lotto and maybe a dallas late first round pick. Using those picks we could add guys like zeller or muhammad with end of the lotto pick. Ultimately you could end up with

Lin kabongo
    Lamb,
    Parsons white
    Dmo jones
    Asik zeller

With cap space to add players to an exiting young core. I hope morey stands pat and lets the youngins play it out

2. rocketseagles07

How do you know that it's going to be quick. What if Zeller(Noel and Muhammad will both be better) and Kabongo don't work out. Then what?

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't see a super star there except maybe Dmo so No.

4. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Lotto bound for next 4 years

5. bbllr3431

bbllr3431 Member

If the end goal is championships then theres more a chance to accomplish this with an exciting and young eoster filled with potential then going all in with dwight or bynum. Even with those guys you have to get past a tested spurs lakers clippers grozzlies and thunder. I would hedge my bets maintain flexibility and gun for the future then staying in "mediocrity" with the potential trades

6. bbllr3431

bbllr3431 Member

With how well morey drafts i wouldnt mind being in the lotto gor a couple years and retooling with capspace to go after the hardens and jamooves

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

This is like the fourth thread expressing this EXACT sentiment.

Please stop making these threads. Use the existing ones.

8. bbllr3431

bbllr3431 Member

Wtf theres loke 20 lin bynum howard threads nothing about a rebuild. Stfu and close the thread if you got nothing to contribute

9. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

DMO, Lamb, T-Jones and Royce solid with a ton of work

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

11. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I agree ... right now OKC is the future of the west,we need to develop a young core to compete and set up for big FA moves later ...lakers,spurs and mavs are all getting old and we need to be on the rise when they decline.

12. skattles08

skattles08 Member

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's a guaranteed NCAA championship team. And with Lin and White on board, you might win an academic College Bowl or two.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I really really like our young players but I have no faith in our coaching staff.

15. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

AGREED! i wonder if the other coaches would be better than Mchale himself

16. bbllr3431

bbllr3431 Member

Right because those threads are on the first page of the BBS? Get out of here with that crap, this is a thread about real options for the future instead of about Lin memes and Lin parodies and all the other redundant threads going on in our forum about the same players. BTW if youre acting like this big of a forum dick its probably because yours doesn't exist.

17. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

Lin, Douglas,Livingston,
    Martin, lamb, Moore
    Parsons, Morris, Forbes
    Patterson, white, jones, Johnson
    Asik, smith

Are we the second worst team in the nba as currently constructed???? Yay or nay?