1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy Worshippers: Grab yourselves a nice fat portion of crow, and eat it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketfat, Jan 10, 2003.

1. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

Absolutely dispicable. Nice job taking Yao out for the end of the 3rd quarter, and first 6 minutes of the 4th, right after Yao gives Ratliff a facial, and swings the momentum in our favor. And keep on playing Glen Rice 35 minutes a game Rudy....he's a stud. Rudy, you suck.

There is no reason that we should have to discuss and argue over Rudy. You know why? Because there is NO excuse for the coach of a team to have as big of an impact on the game's outcome as Rudy is having this season. I mean....it's gotten to the point where we have to worry about Rudy having an "off night". Something about that just ain't right in my opinion. Rudy is dumb as can be. He is lost out there, and Les needs to have a chat with him.

LET YOUR F***KING PLAYERS WIN THE DAMN GAMES FOR YOU RUDY.

This is getting absolutely miserable to see recurring stupidity by Rudy game in and game out. SOOOOOO frustrating and sickening.

Now, let's hear it, rudy-worshippers, come makes fools of yourselves trying to defend your god after this debacle.

#1 rocketfat, Jan 10, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2003
  2. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Rocketfat. What the heck? He must have said something at halftime that led to such an awesome comeback. What did Rudy do wrong? If you look at the stats, we missed about... NINETY PERCENT OF OUR FREE THROWS. We should have won. We missed all of our free throws. Nothing was wrong with Rudy. Steve just didn't make his shots. I ain't going to get a nice fat portion of crow and eat it. Why? BECAUSE I DON'T WORSHIP RUDY. What the HADES did Rudy do wrong? Just some players didn't make their shots.

3. pooh222

pooh222 Member

Not to mention he took EG out at the beginning of the 4th who was having a monster game. His coaching is ridiculous.

4. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

Rudy lead us to two championships and lead an undeafeated USA Olympics team to the gold in the 2000 Olympics. Rudy is the bestest coach in the NBA!

"Never underestimate the heart of a champion!"

Woo-Hooo!:p

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How about running some actual plays? I know it's already January, but I still haven't lost hope. The team has no direction out there. It's just Steve Francis dribbling around and a bunch of outside shots. They don't have a clue, and that's the coach's fault.

6. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Rudy was calling plays. Cuttino Mobley wasn't listening!

LOL. I guess he was wrong to take out Eddie. STUPID COACH!!! lol.

7. mofoj0e

mofoj0e Member

Yeah, i dont understand his logic either. Keeping yao out halfway thru the 4th is beyond me.

8. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

Oh...he MUST have. The glass is always half-full with you Rudy-lovers, ain't it?

9. nineteen

nineteen Member

Fat,

It's no use. We are surrounded by the most optimistic and unrealistic people I have seen in my life. Wait to the end of year, no Playoffs and Rudy Lover's will suggest one more year! Great points. Rudy will get in the way and a loss ensues. Rudy stays out the way, Two Championships!

10. pooh222

pooh222 Member

Some of the people on this board need to stop living in the past. Rudy has led this team anywhere in the past few years, nowhere close to being contenders. Now he has great talent and he still can't manage or get his players to start playing as a team out there. It's just the truth. I'm tired of it.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Although there is no excuse for missing so many free throws,teams miss them when they come under pressure from not being able to connect on jumpers and seeing other teams take the lead.

12. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I'm not sure how many Rudy "worshippers" are out there, but they can't be any worse of a moron than you are.

I doubt Rudy is the best coach in the league, but he's pretty highly regarded among the elite.

Nevertheless, I doubt that some useless jerkoff (you AND ME included) posting on a damn Internet BBS can legitimately assess his talent.

The Rockets are a team of babies. Their average age is early twenties, and for those of you who aren't over thirty, you've got A LOT of growing up to do when you're that age. Hell, there's probably forty year olds out there that probably think us thirty-somethings have some growing up to do. And they're probably right.

Regardless, the Rockets are a bunch of kids, and anyone who expects them to be consistent at this stage in their respective careers is either dilusional....or just out of diapers themselves.

13. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

OKAY. I guess I agree with you. Rudy isn't going soon. But who can take his place??? :) Let's ponder about this for years.

14. BubbaMac

I was being sarcastic dude.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I blame this game on Steve Francis. First of all, he was shooting horribly. But more importantly, he kept shooting, and he abandoned the style of the first 2 games. What happened to getting teammates involved and setting up the offense patiently? What happened to not making dumb mistakes and avoid bad shots? He has played so well recently, but today it just looked like he didn't care.

He had a chance to shoot a 3 at the end of the 3rd quarter, but he just jogged slowly up the court and had the ball slip out of his hands. :mad:

But I guess Rudy was happy with his performance because he didn't take Stevie out of the game much. Someone posted before that coaches don't lose their skills, but they can lose control of a team. I hope this isn't the case.

16. pooh222

pooh222 Member

My bad. Its just that so many people keep hanging on to past accomplishments by Rudy T. This current team is poorly coached. Period.

17. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Bestest?? Who says you can't get an educatoin in a chatroom. :D

18. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Same old story....When we win, Rudy is a legend. When we lose, it's time to fire him. This is getting real old, real fast. *yawn*

19. BubbaMac

Trust me, if someone ever comes up with an idea to form a club to get rid of our Forrest Gump coach, I'd be the first to sign up.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Red Auerbach, Phil Jackson, Red Holtzman, Rick Carlisle, Doc Rivers, Pat Riley -- any or all -- could not have coaxed/coached a 'W' out of that mess tonite.