1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who impressed you the most in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Jul 18, 2012.

?

Which Rocket impressed you the most?

1. Royce White

22 vote(s)
    6.5%
  2. Terrence Jones

106 vote(s)
    31.5%
  3. Jeremy Lamb

153 vote(s)
    45.4%
  4. Donatas Motiejunas

49 vote(s)
    14.5%
  5. Scott Machado

2 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Zoran Dragic

3 vote(s)
    0.9%
  7. Nobody Impressed Me

2 vote(s)
    0.6%
  1. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

3. vernonmaxwell86

Motiejunas, Lamb, TJones, White, Machado, Zozo

in that order

4. thejav

thejav Member

Machado and Jones..had no idea these guys were any good..how did Machado go undrafted...

5. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

DMo all the way.

6. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Lamb. Didn't shoot well in the last game but overall he was the most impressive. I'd say D-Mo but he didn't play the last game and he had a HUGE dud in game 2.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lamb/Jones ... Dmo a distant 3rd, white was decent with great passing. Good un draftee's Zoran and Machado.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

In terms of real impressing...Hands down DMo...no one thought he would play like this no one...

In terms of Overlooked: T Jones(everyone else was looking at Lamb and White as the best players in the draft)

In terms of players that got better: Machado and White needed time to play against other NBA professionals

In terms of consistent play: Lamb, Jones

Overall every one of the drafted rookies shined in at least 2 games, and the chemistry between the team is very evident...

Made props to the coaching staff for getting these young guys to play well against others in the league.

GO ROCKETS

9. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Jeremy Lamb no question. I think he may be the best SG in this draft.

10. YaosDirtyStache

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Terror Jones can do it all

12. rocketblood713

Lamb,D-Mo,Terrence Jones,Machado,Royce White

13. rocketsfaninala

I picked Jones because he was the person I was most surprised by, but honestly they all impressed me almost equally. I love how they shared the ball and played hard at all times. Giving maximum effort at all times is all you can really ask for with such a young team.

14. liveguy

liveguy Member

This.

15. monster

monster Member

Good summary....I agree....voted for Jones. Very excited at how well our young guns played. Plenty of rookie mistakes to go around, but Jones, Lamb and D-Mo were great. White settled down and has really impressed with his ball-handling and passing ability..didn't rebound too badly either. Dragic didn't play great, but I think he showed that he can probably compete at this level. Machado.....well....he's not Fortson. He played pretty well against Por. Forbes and the others...didn't see too much of them.

16. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Lamb, Jones, and Motiejunas were all very impressive. White is a big guy who can really dribble and pass, I hope he can develop some kind of shot.

Patterson better get with the program, or he won't get many minutes this year. Maybe as a backup center.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

who is the troll that said no one impressed him....absolute lie...

18. Gerbdog

Gerbdog Member

Lamb, Jones and DMo were all equally impressive to me. In the right system, I think DMo comes out with the best career. My concern with him is what will happen to him if he's playing alongside a true center, ala Dwight or Bynum, that clogs up the lane all day. DMo needs room to work his array of circus moves around the basket. I think DMo excels playing alongside Asik who won't demand the ball down low. However, if DMo has to play with Dwight or Bynum, I think it will cause his play to suffer. Force him to move his game outside of the lane which won't be his strength although he does have a nice mid range shot.

19. eman

eman Contributing Member

Lamb, Moti, Jones tied IMHO. Could not have hoped for better from any of them.

White is interesting.

Machado improved in the last two games. I'd keep him with RGV.

Yeah, I know it's just summer league, but our lotto picks look GOOD, and Moti looks better than advertised. With Lin, Asik, and Parsons, that's not a bad NBA rotation right there.

I wonder who else will make the roster. Forbes, Morris, Leuer, Harrelson, Livingston, and Douglas probably have the best chances. Who else?

Will we bring back Lee? Take a shot at Javale McGee? I'm hoping we've forgotten the whole Dwight/Bynum business. I'm with those who have fallen in summer love with our youngsters.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Terrence Jones. I expected Lamb to look really good, and he looked even better than I expected. White, although I didn't see him play that much in college, played the way he was described as playing based on what I had read. Donuts played like I expected. Donatas, like Lamb, is going to be very, very good. But Terrence Jones? His play blew me away. Is there anything Jones can't do well? While he didn't block very many shots in SL, he did in college, so I expect he'll end up being pretty good in that department, too. His handles are outstanding for a guy his size, he can pass the ball, he doesn't turn it over, rarely fouls, and rebounds like a madman. Oh, and he's an excellent shooter with range. I would call this a pick worthy of a cat with a degree from MIT. Kudos, Morey, and don't deal him.

1 person likes this.