1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls tell Morey today they will NOT match Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 18, 2012.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This scrub better live up to my expectations.

2. nickg

nickg Member

Pretty sure it would cost us 1 or more of our rookies from this draft. Orlando isn't going to take the castoffs for Dwight. He would get crucified for that crap deal.

3. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Because the OP, supposedly, knows Daryl at a personal level.

I don't know if its true or not.

4. Convictedstupid

So is Lamb gone in any deal for either Dwight or Bynum?

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

What does Houston get for the bad contracts in your scenario?

LA gets Dwight.
    ORL gets AB.
    HOU gets ......

6. cyberx

cyberx Member

LA CAN NOT do a straight up trade.

Sometimes in this business you have to give a little.

If Orlando does something screwed up they could RISK a bad relationship with Fegan (Dwights agent).

He is a big timer in the business and can make things happen.

Can you imaging Hennigan getting blacklisted by agents?

Dwight wants to go more to LA than Houston. Houston has the picks and young studs that Orlando wants.

Why do you think Cleveland was involved in talks? They have young assets as well. Also Bynum listed them as a team he would go to.

7. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

If we can just keep at least 1 out of Lamb, White, Jones in a Dwight trade, I'll be happy...but Lamb is the one that I really want. Royce White is a very close second.

8. Rocket_Man_2.0

Martin, Patterson, Morris, Raptors pick, hou 2014 1st and 2 2nd rounders...That is better then ANY deal they'll get...Orlando can take it or leave it.

Lakers
    Howard
    Hedo

Rockets
    Bynum
    Davis

Orlando
    Martin Expiring
    Patterson
    Morris
    Raptors 1st
    Houston 1st 2014
    2 2nd Rounders

:eek:

9. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

Because Howard doesn't wanna come to Houston but Bynum is willing.

So LA sends Bynum to Houston, they get Howard, and Orlando gets draft picks, young players, and expiring contracts from Houston while unloading some "bad" contracts off on the Rockets, who have the cap space to "eat" them...

10. cyberx

cyberx Member

I work for an agent.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Actually it might make since. If LA could take back 1 bad contract along with Dwight then the Rockets could probably only take back 2.

Just an example:

Plus, if the Lakers add an extra asset for Orlando (a future 1st?) then it could add to the package that Houston sends out (Martin, Patterson, second year player, one of the Rookies, Mavs 1st rounder, Raptors 1st rounder, Rockets 1st rounder).

Orlando would get: Martin, Pat, Morris, Rookie, 4 1st round picks (one each from Raptors, Mavs, Lakers and Rockets).

LA would get Howard and JRich

Houston would get Bynum, Davis and Duhon.

Houston would only lose one of their prime rookies in this scenario and would likely have a lot more say in who they lose be helping Orlando get an extra pick and rid themselves of an extra long term contract.

I don't see Turkaglu as a big issue for Orlando since he only has one more garunteed year left on his contract. The 2013 / 2014 year is not garunteed per shamsports http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/magic.jsp.

I have not checked to see if salaries match up but I'm just tossing this out as a possible reason for a three way trade as opposed to a two way deal.

12. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Which one?

13. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

HAHAHA. I am not sure either if he knows Daryl or not, this news seems like me saying i got a email saying we traded everyone from our roster besides lin so we can get Dream back.

14. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

stop fishing for specific info.

15. cyberx

cyberx Member

Lets just leave it at that.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

[​IMG]

17. Convictedstupid

Yeah but you've been saying you're trying to piece together info. You also said the Magic love Lamb. Is it your gut feeling Lamb will be gone if there is a trade where we bring in Bynum? (I personally don't think we're getting Dwight at this point).

18. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

Orlando won't get Bynum. He doesn't wanna go there and they don't wanna take the risk of him being a "rental".

The Magic want draft picks, expiring contracts, and young players.

Orlando trades Howard to LA, LA sends Bynum to Houston, and Houston sends young players, expiring contracts, and draft picks to Orlando while also "eating" one or more "bad" contracts the Magic wanna get rid of...

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Can't trade our 2014 pick. It has to be 2 years beyond us giving Atlanta our 2013 pick.

BTW, we would be stupid in that one. I'd rather not take back Davis. If we do a 3-way, Davis should go to LA, regardless.

20. thekad

thekad Member

Can I fish for non-contradictory info that doesn't expose the supposed insider as being just as in the dark concerning Dwight as the rest of us?