1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Summer League] Rockets vs Blazers : Vegas Summer League Game 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets2K, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

Why are you threatening a minor, Deckard? lol

2. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

White will have a more difficult time translating to the NBA. He'll definitely be on the scouting report a week in if he keeps looking to pass instead of scoring. He can't score inside consistently (gets blocked by taller C/PF), can't score outside (no jumper), which leads defenders playing him one-on-one and him being unable to attract double teams. This will reduce him effectiveness as a passer (which he is good at).

Until he develops a consistent post game (which he doesn't have now) or a consistent jumper, he won't make much of an impact among the taller, stronger, and faster NBA frontcourts. The majority of his points are gotten by muscling his way past weak defenders which won't happen in the NBA.

I don't see him making much of an impact as a rookie, but if he somehow develops a solid jumper mid-way into the season I could see him contributing.

3. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Ben Golliver ‏@blazersedge
    Royce White to Meyers Leonard: "You're 270. Get your weight up." * technical foul *

oregonlive/blazers ‏@blazersblog
    And now Royce White is jawing with Blazers players after the game is called off.

4. Know Your Role

The Royce White/Sir Charles Barkley comparisons only get stronger. Solid game for the good guys.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Nolan looked like it was lights out before he hit the pole. Did not see how it could have happened. Cracked vertebrae? Hope he is OK.

6. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

White is the man. haha

7. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

D-Mo showed a variety of skills again tonight. He scored with set shots, fast break, tip ins (although he missed 3 tip ins), spin moves in the paint, etc. With a good point guard, I think his scoring will get easier. Royce was the only guy that could get him the ball in the paint when he had position. His rebounding was a little better tonight. He does fall down a lot for a guy with good balance. He just needs more sand in his pants.

8. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

man i can't believe some of yall were bashing morey for drafting terrence jones instead of zeller, melo, and perry jones. lol.

9. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Royce "Enforcer" White, eff Portland

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

What sticks out to me about Lamb is his quiet scoring. Great players like Durant, Mcgrady, Kobe, etc have always had this ability to score alot of points when in reality it feels like nothing. Scoring is easy for him, and his style of play fits really well for the NBA.

Check out the Portland Boards, its nice to see other fans refer to our SL team as the dream team, Lamb will play in many ALLSTAR games, and comments about how Terrance Jones is much better than anticipated.

11. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

can you give me a link to that blazers forum plz thx

12. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Royce White and Terrence Jones are starting to make P-Pat and Morris expendable.

13. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

I was thinking the same thing. He did not run in to the padded backboard support very hard at all. I did not see any Rockets player make solid contact with his head. I think maybe when he came down, it was at a bad awkward angle and maybe threw his back out. Just my observation. Definitely no ill intent by Rockets players. I hope he is OK. Smith has excellent potential, and played a great game.

14. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I think they were expendable even before the summer league started.

15. thejav

thejav Member

Wait so there was a fight???

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

easily...

17. eman

eman Contributing Member

Maybe a spinal contusion. He was moving everything. Hope he didn't break his neck-- it didn't look like much, but maybe he nailed the axial loading just the worst possible way, like a diver into a shallow pool. Prayer sent for Smith to recover 100%.

Machado might've made the team, at least the RGV, tonight. Nice improvement there. With Fortson in, they went on a 15-2 run.

Lamb, Donuts, Jones could not be better.

White's interesting. He'd be more interesting if he could shoot, and finish better around the rim. Hoping that will improve.

Dragic hustles. He might make the squad.

A few random Qs for the forum:

Who the heck is Manny Harris?

Forbes was playing sick. He's under contract, right?

What's with the DNPs for Greg Smith and Marcus Morris?

18. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I like Blazers fans. I always have. They are super classy. Then again, I'm an Austinite (from Houston), and Portland seems like my kind of city.

19. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Morris is sick, Greg Smith missed the bus.

20. eman

eman Contributing Member

Missed the bus???