1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Dwight Howard will sign in Houston if traded here.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Jul 17, 2012.

1. conquistador#11

Bizzaro would have no place to go. : insert I HAVE NO PLACE TO GO!! pic:
    So where would Bizzaro go?
    Dallas? Dallas was turned down by their home grown Williams. (that was not by design,bucher.)

Atlanta would be the only competition so I'd take my chances in bringing #12 here.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

The only reason why lebron and bosh did a snt was to get and extra yr, but also give the old teams a bone. The snt made toronto feel good about getting something for their players. Miami had enough money to sign both without a sign and trade. If howard gets traded to houston and doesn't want to stay, morey will probably use snt to get a tpe. If dallas is sitting there with enough money to sign howard outright and he wants to go there, I don't see the extra yr being significant especially for a 27 yr old howard.

3. cheifbootknocka

After that twitter thing yesterday (on top of ALL the other things) D-Ho just seems kinda b!tch-made imo. Lots of pretty stats and highlights but no heart, not a leader, not a warrior. Instead he's on twitter boo hooing like he hasnt done his fair share to create this mess. I'd rather have Bynum now, he's just as immature, but at least he gets mad/frustrated/pissy on the COURT. Dream was a little like that in the begining.

4. trugoy

trugoy Member

Miami gave Toronto back its 2011 1st round pick. That turned out to be the 5th pick. That is like a best case scenario of the pick we just traded kyle Lowry for.

For Cleveland, they got 2 second round pick, 2 first round picks plus the right to swap first round picks.

These are significant assets. In fact, I would say that if Lebron and Bosh were truly wanting to be all about winning, those assets could bring a fourth all-star even. But nope, it was spent to get them the extra year. See it was all about the dollars. No max contract free agent will ever take less money.

5. cml750

cml750 Member

I have one question for everyone who is so sure he will sign, if there is no way he will turn down the extra year and money then why doesn't Orlando just keep him. Some will say because his b****ing and whining is disrupting their team. Well what do you think he will do if he is traded hear and doesn't want to be here? Some will say they can't take the chance of him leaving after the season. If that is the case then the idea that he will definitely not turn down the extra year and money loses a little bit of credibility. Not to mention that there is no guarantee he will ever be the same player after back surgery. If we even consider trading for him, it should be at the trade deadline. This allows us to see if he is the same player post back surgery. It will also make Orlando more desperate. We also will not have to live with his b****ing and whining for an ENTIRE season.

6. zzpot

zzpot Member

Roomer has it he also said "NO MORE DADDY IN MY TRADE TALKS". Apparently his daddy talked him into the bad move of signing the extra year before knowing what the new CBA rules would be.

This was not to "avoid a trade here" dummy. It was more like a kickback in cash under the table to his dad after the 2012 trade deadline pasted and Orlando would lose him for nothing. In a way Orlando could be better off right now had they let him walk!! Full on rebuild mode and Dwight can't even play for a year or more after April surgery to repair a herniated disc.

The signing pays him millions while he can or can not play.. Rehab is what they will call it... So his dad may have gotten him some great cash and he does not have to take a physical to make a team.

The Rockets paid Yao just for a chance that he would make a comeback right!. Orlando did the same thing in a way.. They knew Dnightmare was going to go under the knife

Please see the leaked tweets and the TMZ video posted on Clutchfans in other posts.

He did not sign a deal with Orlando to avoid a trade to Houston or any other Team Dumb ass... He is now getting paid millions to rehab his back after surgery to repair a herniated disc. He signed the deal is March and had his surgery in April.

I win and you lose

zzpot winning!!

7. zzpot

zzpot Member

No trade for this dude "Dnightmare" untill he can pass the Rockets DR's Physical

END OF STORY!!!!

zzpot

8. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Im not going to call people ladies for everyone wanting houston to matter again but i agree with everything else you said.He said he was going to leave.I would not touch this trade unless it was a sign and trade and then i would pray the dude will quit acting like a little ho.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

There's no way he can pass a physical right now. The Rockets will get to look at the medical reports and do an examination I'm sure, but he will be traded for under the knowledge that the Rockets are getting a currently rehabbing Dwight Howard.

This is another reason why the trade won't take as many of our assets as people are expecting. He isn't healthy, nobody else is in a position to offer the combination of things we can--in the end, Orlando is going to have to settle for less.

10. zzpot

zzpot Member

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!

Here is $50 bucks for your post a coupon for a papa john pizza.

zzpot

11. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Why? Dwight wants to be a global brand. How china factors in to Houston plays a huge part. Like one poster said, tmac had the highest selling jersey in china by just being associated with Yao.

Lin+Houston = Mo money for Dwight

12. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

just offer orlando picks/martin and take some back a few contracts...

best offer they will get

no other team can take bad contracts + picks

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

You mean he signs with Houston right as part of the Orlando trade, or Houston S&Ts him somewhere?

The first one, not happening. Because of the CBA rules, he'd have to give up a lot of money to do that.

The second one, why would Houston do it? It's better to play hardball till the end.
    If Howard decides to go to Dallas or Atlanta for far less money, well, **** happens. It's a very reasonable risk.
    But if you entertain a S&T, you'll end up shipping him to Brooklyn or LA, places where he has no chance of going otherwise.

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

if it's just Martin/picks and a few contracts, a number of teams can top that.

15. cml750

cml750 Member

I find it comical that so many dismiss his back injury. Even with full doc clearance he may never be the same. I speak from experience on this subject. The WORST thing that could happen is that we end up with him signed to a long term max deal and he can't play due to his bad back.

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

unlikely. it's an all-or-nothing move.
    maybe if it's something like Bynum, and he swears on his mother that he'll stay in Houston...
    but even then, he's a far worse option. What's the chance that Howard runs to Dallas or Atlanta, similar places, far less money? 20%? maybe the Bobcats or the Cavs?
    it's a very reasonable risk to take. Bynum carries risks as well, due to his numerous injuries.

And if it fails, tank and rebuild. better than mediocrity.

17. zzpot

zzpot Member

OK... If that's the case as you say it... Then we wait them out as long as possible... meaning till the dude can play or show his rehab with video posted on youtube for all to see is going well.. Or we wait till the 30 second mark of the trade deadline in February and Morey dreamcrushes the Magic with a trade.

We took way too long to pull the trigger on Yao.. and I'm still a fan of his.. He did not let us down.. his huge body let him down. That's the way i see it.

No way in hell can we trade whatever for this unstable minded guy (when healthy great center) just to take a chance or just to say we/or/I tried my best and he never plays another game in his life or better yet never plays a game here the whole year and then walks away.. What the hell are you people thinking...

10,000. to the best video edit of this tell about a Dnightmare trade to Houston and how we would still have to pay him and then he walks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnImcw3xhCI

Dnightmare has to prove that he is whole.. or inches away from being whole until we go after him all or nothing!!

zzpot has spoken!!:mad:

18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

that's just not true on the court. he has heart and he's a warrior.
    now, is he acting like a punk, sure. doesn't have enough maturity for leadership, sure. doesn't have enough brains to understand those last two things, and still considers himself a leader, sure, again.
    He reminds me of Jermaine O'Neal, leadership wise.

But babies can be warriors too, and here's my proof:

[​IMG]

19. jackie_moon23

jackie_moon23 Member

Lol, nice one.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

On the state income tax thing, it's a common argument but we rarely see it in action. I don't think it matters where you sign, just where your primary residence is. So you can play for the Knicks but live in Houston.