1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are gonna REGRET this whole thing!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by C1UTCH-C1TY, Jul 17, 2012.

1. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Keep

At first I wanted Dwight here with the chance of a new franchise superstar, but after the performances shown by these rookies it seems like we should completely avoid the Dwightmare in its entirety. I know its only the summer league but they are definitely showing potential to be top players in the league over the next decade.

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Fact: plenty of us would have said the same thing about Donte Greene.

3. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Greene didnt do much after that 40 point game in the summer league.. he was just chucking 3's, and he wasnt mentally ready like Lamb appears to be

that 40 point game is probably the worst thing that can happen to yougn talented player, because he start to slack off, and not put in as much work. Thinking you can just do it again

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I wonder why you never hear about any other Donte Greene summer league games, apparently the dude has only played in one.

5. DaneB

DaneB Member

Who else do you know that can do this?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EbyKeIv766g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Fullcourt

I don't know if you guys remember or not, but we were still slurping the Greene hard after all of his summer league games.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Was Donte Greene a lottery pick? Was Donte Greene a top 5 prospect and arguably the top SF in his draft class?

It isn't even about what Lamb has done in SL, it's more that he's confirming what people thought of his talents before thus far.

When Blake Griffin played well in Summerleague people don't go "Remember folks...Donte Greene!" They go "Oh yeah, that's expected."

8. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

i know man, but the dude has let it known to the public that he does NOT want to be here. i could even see howard delaying his return if traded to rockets) by making his back an excuse.

9. syanez3

syanez3 New Member

man stfu!!!

Dwight is a superstar!!!!
    im sure morey aint gonna give up everybody at best morey will make a steal out of this trade as he has proven in the past...
    i would trade chandler parsons.. look at where he drafted him.. the 2nd rd
    i say trade k-mart, ppatt, morris,jones, white the toronto pick, n 2nd rd picks n that should doit..
    then we`d sign courtney lee back n have this line up

G.Lin
    G.Lee
    F.Parsons (If Not traded) which i doubt he will
    F.D-Mo
    C.Dwight
    Bench
    Lamb

10. syanez3

syanez3 New Member

Man whoever made this thread stfu!!! mainly bc they rookies id get mad if d-mo or lamb left other then that id give up whoever.. we could possibly start with this lineup next yr
    G.Lin
    G.Lee
    F.Parsons.
    F.D-Mo
    C.Dwight
    Bench
    Lamb

11. Fullcourt

Greene was projected to go around the end of the lottery and was considered a steal where we got him. My point is that it's the summer league and we shouldn't get too excited yet. I think the world of Lamb and think he's going to be a stud, but I'll take the top 2-3 player in Dwight over him every time, even if it's not a sure thing he stays. If he doesn't stay, chances are we'll have the opportunity to draft a player just as good or better than Lamb.

12. Fullcourt

A lot can change in a year, and he has made it known to the public he doesn't want to be anywhere but Brooklyn. That ship has sailed.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's so weird. For years the only thing I've heard on this board is how our players suck, have no value, and will never ever get us a star. For the first time ever we might actually land a star, the only thing I'm hearing now is how our youngsters kick ass and we should not be trading them.

The funny thing is, during this whole time, the Rockets never had a top-10 pick. So it's not like some ridiculously hyped prospects dropped into our laps this year.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Greene had the potential, never realized it.
    SacTown wasn't the best fit... and the player got complacent I would guess.

15. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

because patterson was some crap last season

16. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

I agree with you 100%.

Too big of a risk in my opinion for a guy who:

- Has a back problem.
    - Won't be ready at the beginning of the season.
    - Could choose to not play and use the back as an excuse.
    - Has stated numerous times he WILL NOT RESIGN HERE.
    - Already stopped a trade that would have sent him here last year.
    - The trade would likely include the best of our young talent.
    - Etc Etc Etc...

For all the supporters of trading for Howard.. I think its a risk that should not be taken and that it would be a huge regret.

- Lamb looks great and could become a star!
    - Parsons has already shown what he can do.
    - White!
    - D Mo and Jones both have tons of potential!

I MYSELF just wants to see what they would look like with Lin running them. Give it a few months of the season to gel... If Lin plays anywhere near the way he did during linsanity... A player or two would want to home here.

17. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

This could've been in the million other threads...

Damn you Dwight!

18. Crank

Crank Member

You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. You've got to give to get something. We are not giving all our rookies away. That was preposterously reported.
    Dmo is an untouchable. I want Bynum more than Dwight. Let's hope the 3way trade is on hold till these contract sheets clear.

19. rocketsmetalspd

You will have to include Parsons and two current draft picks: Royce and Jones. I would rather keep Lamb since the later two are tweeners. Lamb is a true SG.

20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Regret what?!?!?!? Dwight is in the same category with Lebron and Kobe. You can twitch all the lineups all you want, without a superpower player, we will be stuck with Memphis, Utah, Denver and Phoenix. Look at past champions; Lakers (Gasol/Artest), Heat (Lebron/Bosh), Mavs (Terry/T.Chandler) and Celtics (Garnet/R.Allen) have benefited from free-agency. You can't win drafting and drafting, look at the old Clippers, Wizards, Bobcats and Cavaliers. They've been drafting and they are still drafting with same ol result.