1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Summer League] Rockets vs Kings : Vegas Summer League Game 3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets2K, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

There's too many possibilities.

Lamb attacking the rim like a wolf in sheeps clothing.

He through himself in front of the offensive player like a sacrificial Lamb.

He just got Lambasted, Lambinated

Morey had a little Lamb.

I mean, it don't stop...

2 people like this.
  2. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Dubious, I haven't really seen Livingston do anything since before his injury. Are you aware where he is in his recovery? Does he still have any skills? What have you seen or heard about him? Or is he just a trade chip or waiver wire candidate?

3. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

sacrilege, i know, but this summer league team when clicking was reminding me of the j*zz team of old. you've got a big man who starts off the play and can pass (white/booz), a spacing big man (dmo, okur), and a pure shooter running amuck (lamb, hornicek). i hated the j*zz, but watching these rooks the comparison just hit me. its loose, but there.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I just don't see Donatas as a stretch 4, and from what I've read, neither does McHale, at least if he has anything to do with it, and you'd think he does. Sure, Motiejūnas can shoot with range, which is terrific, but that's only one of the things he can do. He's going to be far superior to Okur, IMO.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Speaking the truth. Motiejunas is the complete package on the offensive end of the court.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I see these guys playing more like the Kings of the early 00's

I keep saying this, but White's game reminds me so much of Vlade Divac. He's a facilitator in the same way. Then you have the scoring big man with a bit of range in Motiejunas (Webber). Lamb is the pure shooter ala Stojakovic. However, Lamb can actually create his own shot much better due to his athleticism. Or maybe I'm just basing that on him being black lol.

Not sure where Jones fits into that comparison, but I'm actually really surprised with his ability. I thought he would be a scrub (which he may very well still be) but he's shown flashes of great potential.

Edit: Kinda ironic that we don't have Adelman anymore and yet the roster finally has all the tools he would be able to utilize best

#626 DudeWah, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If we groom DMO into a center role over the next few years, it allows us to start Terrence Jones next to him at power forward. Yes please.

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Doug Christie

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Dmo would thrive much better as a PF or even a stretch SF. I'd rather play Jones at center than Dmo.

10. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Really? I've noticed a few times in the summer league so far when Donatus ends up guarding a small forward on a switch, and they blow by him almost every time. He just does not have the foot speed and quickness to play SF in the NBA -- not even close. Meanwhile, he has done well at the 5. He has the strength, length and skills to make due at the 5, but he is a natural 4 -- for now. The kid will probably get stronger as part of a NBA conditioning program, and could end up being a solid NBA center.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Jones may turn out to be the "sleeper" of the three. I've certainly been surprised by how good he's been in the small sample we've seen. And I agree with the Adelman comment, at least with regard to the three picks. He would have freaked over the point guard situation, though.

#631 Deckard, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    I completely agree with you. I think that Jones might be a diamond in the rough. I'm actually very impressed by the Rockets' front office's decision to draft these guys. They are incredibly versatile players with the ability to basically do it all. For the first time since the T-mac/Yao/Artest season I am super excited for Rockets' basketball.

13. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Is there going to be a replay of this game at some time? I had a dentist appointment when the game was on.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Dmo doesn't have the mobility to defend 3's and a lot of 4's. That would pretty much be a train wreck imo.

15. Rocket_Man_2.0

No!, not my babies.....please Morey, don't trade away my babies!

[​IMG]

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL why? Honestly if we're not going anywhere with a Howard rental. You don't need to make a howard trade if we lock up Asik, I'd much rather keep our rooks. If we're gonna trade for Dwight, then let them have our picks instead, we have a ton of 'em.

KMart Expiring
    Toronto Lottery pick
    Knicks 2 second rounders
    Our own future picks
    +Bad contracts
    +Tony Douglas and some of the Knicks 7 footers

^That's already more than reasonable for a possible Dwight rental.

17. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Marcus Morris has officially taken the role left by Jordan Hill and Hasheem Thabeet as my least favorite Rocket.

When the trade was made I was upset. I really liked Leonard going into the draft and was ecstatic he had fallen to us, meanwhile Morris was one of my least favorite players in the draft. I did not think he had any chance of playing either the three or the four in the NBA. Then jopatmc's posts (I think that is how you spell it) got me and many of you off the ledge. I started to have hope I was wrong and that Morey had found the next Glenn Robinson.

But no. Morris is awful. Dragic, and by that I mean Zoran Dragic, is a much better player. The thing is though, I was right about Morris being a bad pick, but for the wrong reasons. Physically and athletically the guy is an NBA level talent, which I did not think he would be. What he lacks is basketball IQ. As in, any basket ball IQ. Actually, he is a lot like Jordan Hill in that regard.

The only positive thing is that his contract can come off the books after this season. Hopefully though Morey can trade him for a 2nd rounder or unload him when they move Martin out or potentially sign and trade Lee away.

18. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

That's funny/ I thought he had a Kobe face on at one moment, when he was walking back in bounds are a snake move for the layup and one.

I like it too. So far his game shows he can make any damn face he wants.

19. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I think Fortson and Morris should be bundled together and sent to the Chinese league. They will get paid.

1 person likes this.
  20. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Any replay or highlight footage available?