1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TrueHoops] Lin may not thrive in Houston like he did in New York

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

It's already been said...but the arguments as presented in the article give analytics a bad name...the numbers don't take into account the component pieces in a different context. On the contrary it seems easy enough to accept that Lin would fit fairly well with a player like Howard (takes scoring pressure off a center with a limited offensive arsenal) while Felton may well be a better fit with the Knicks, since he's more of a distributor and Carmelo needs his shots...

2. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

are those the only two statistics in the world that are deciding factors in whether or not you're a good shooter. cuz i will be damnsure that there are more places to shoot from than behind the arc or at a line 15 feet from the basket. but then again what the hell do i know? i mean the fact that he was 3rd in the league on pull-up jumpers that has nothing to do with shooting right?

you sir, piss me off. it's people like you that have made the quality of CF decrease; your stubborn and pessimistic approach to everything. not listening to reason. the whole point of forums is to increase your knowledge about the given topics, not just blindly defend your stance to the point where you're not even making logical sense anymore.

3. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

He was 3rd amongst PG or otherwise you are tellling me he is better pull-up jumper shooter than Durant. He was lucky. He is streaky shooter at best. I saw him airballing wide open mid range jumpers. However, you can't deny the fact that he has no midrange game.

4. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

As a matter of fact, I can and I just did. And you act like people can't improve on their shot during the offseason. Heard of someone called Jason Kidd?