1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lamb or Chandler Parsons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rafi, Jul 15, 2012.

?

Jeremy Lamb or Chandler Parsons?

1. Jeremy Lamb

58.3%
  2. Chandler Parsons

41.7%
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So Anthony Davis hasn't proved anything.

You'd take Parsons over Davis too?

1 person likes this.
  2. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

Keep both of these guys Morey!

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

So you don't want Anthony Davis? Parsons is more proven than him!:grin:

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

There's a difference. Players picked #11 and onwards are usually busts or just role players man. I'm just trying to get y'alls reality checked. Hyping up a player who probably won't even be great. Take off your homer glasses and temper your expectations.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

And before someone points out players who became stars #11 pick and onwards, note they keyword USUALLY. There is probably a less than a 10% players in that range become more than role players.

6. rocketsfaninala

Lamb by a mile. We're just at the tip of Lamb's potential. Parsons is a nice player, but he doesn't have much growth left. He was NBA ready which is why he has early success, but he is not high upside in my opinion. Both are nice pieces, but I would throw Parsons in a trade for Dwight, but I would not throw Lamb in the trade. Lamb has the "it" factor.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nash, Kobe, Malone, Stockton, Miller....

Plenty of great players taken out of the top 10. It's not about where you are taken, it's more about what you've done before coming to the NBA. Not Lamb's fault that guys like Dion Waiters were picked before him.

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

So essentially, you think the slot were player gets selected is directly related to how his gonna be? right? LMAO!

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

How many players in the top 10 become busts?

It's not about that at all. Lamb was a top 5 prospect coming into the year, sometimes teams pick on position(like the Blazers set on taking a PG) and sometimes guys with a lot of skill fall because someone has a "NBA Body" or can jump really high or run really fast.

10. rolyat93

Parsons was picked in the 2nd round, so if your saying Lamb isn't good because he was picked after the top 10, take a look at where Parsons draft stock was.

I said he had potential, I didn't say he would win ROY.

Parsons will be 24 when the season starts while Lamb will be 20, all I'm saying is Lamb has more potential and I'd rather keep him.

11. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Dion Waters will be a BUST

I dont know how Lamb can go from a top-5 pick last year to 12th overall, but im happy he did

12. rocketsfaninala

Definitely agree about Dion Waiters. He has bust written all over him. Lamb will have a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better career.

13. Outlier

Outlier Member

Nope, I'm saying it decreases the probability of landing a star player the lower the selection is. What's so terrible about that statement?

Listen, I get that it's natural to hope for a player to become a star, but some of you are being irrational. Clouding your views and letting optimism affect your expectations.

14. rolyat93

Who's saying he's a superstar? I'm just saying he has a lot more potential and room to grow than Parsons, and I'd much rather have Lamb.

15. Outlier

Outlier Member

There's really nothing I can do to wake you guys up from this dream state of extreme optimism for our players. So I'll just do what I've always done, which is the "wait-and-see approach" and let their game do the talking. I simply won't set the bar high for players who aren't THAT likely to become stars. That's just me being realistic.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

That is a valid point, but the rest of the others here... they are proclaiming Lamb as the next great. :rolleyes:

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well most are saying he'll be better than Parsons.

Since you put a lot of stock into the draft then you should believe the same thing, since Lamb was projected and went higher than Parsons ever could.

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

Except Parsons has proven he is a player, this is my point. Lamb has not proven anything. He could easily suck during the NBA season, yet some people believe this is not possible (why?).

What irks me the most is how everyone seems to think there's no chance he'll suck. Is that rational thinking? Tell me.

Another thing that irks me is how people don't want to give him up for Dwight. Think about that for a second. For freaking Dwight Howard. An unproven rookie.

19. buddyboy

buddyboy Member

Parsons has shown that he can cover even the toughest of matchups. How many players in the NBA can check KD? Not many, and Parsons has that ability, and is still a second year player. I'll take the known commodity

20. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

They are two completely different players, different styles, different positions. Keep 'em both. Can't really be compared