1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavaliers pursuing Andrew Bynum real hard; D12 to Lakers?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rudy, Jul 14, 2012.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dion Waiters, Thomposn, Zeller future picks and taking back bad contracts are all things the cav's can offer. I'd call that close to what we can offer if not better. Plus they can load a bad contract on to the lakers and take some picks from them as well.

2 bad contracts gone, multiple future first round picks and possibly Waiters-Thompson-Zeller to the magic. Way better then what were offering.

2. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

I don't really get how this is supposed to work. Howard winds up in LA, which only has Bynum, and can't take on the Magic's contracts. The Cavs aren't going to give up Irving, so they have the last two #4 picks from the lottery and future draft picks... they would be the ones taking on most of the Magic's contracts. So in any scenario where they aren't giving up Gasol, you have LA upgrading from Bynum to Howard, yet the Cavs getting the lesser player and sending arguably more assets to the Magic while taking on their bad contracts. How is that supposed to work?

3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

They can't trade Dion, he signed already.:)

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

You worried?

I'm not worried?

Bring it on!

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Unlikely for the fact that the Lakers won't take back salary and if the Cavs do they will be capped out

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It's Hoopsworld, guys. Come on.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Its...
    Bynum for maybe Waiters, Thompson, zeller future first - While taking on a bad contract. Not too bad of a deal if there looking to win.

Laker trade Byum multi picks and take on a bad contract for dwight as a rental.
    That isn't exactly robbery.

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

U doubt waiters is on the table

9. copacetic81

copacetic81 Member

rookie contracts can be traded after 30 days. although the perception has been that the picks (potential) are more alluring than the players picked, especially if it was a huge reach that screwed up the picks for all the teams behind them, ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE ROCKETS! sigh, i'm not bitter...

anyways, where was I? oh yeah, so I don't think they can beat our offer of helpful veteran on an expiring, multiple young pieces and a future pick or two. i agree that we win no matter what, so everyone can breathe easy.

copa81

10. copacetic81

copacetic81 Member

added to. also, the hypocrisy from gilbert is obvious. no wonder lebron left.

copa81

11. SlimJim25

SlimJim25 Member

Lol Haven't seen him play? Um I wouldn't make a statement if i didn't:grin:. Just don't see that as the team to beat in the east if that was to happen. Cp3 and Deron are top 5 pgs, but they're still ringless. IMHO without an ELITE 2 or 3 to add to that, they are just a playoff team at best like I stated.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What would the Magic get from Cleveland?

With that said Morey is not going to budge. Try again Hennigan.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Elite PGs and Big men have done well in the past. The position doesn't matter, the quality of players do.

With that said this is not happening. Dion Waiters was thought to be a reach by many, maybe if Cleveland actually drafted the player they should have in Thomas Robinson.

14. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

Tony Mejia ‏@TonyMejiaNBA
    "@SamAmicoFSO: As one follower said, Howard deal been "imminent for an entire week." Sounds exploratory to me." May be Pee-Wee's secret word

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Getting upset because things aren't panning out like i hoped for the rockets on a rockets forum is being a real baby huh?

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It actually makes sense, because seems like the Cavs are probably going to take on two of those bad contracts -yet get Andrew Bynum in the process.

Waiters (#4 pick), Thompson, and Zeller with future picks for bad contracts. That makes sense for Orlando (if they can ship out Turkoglu, Richardson, and Davis). Which is kind of difficult for Houston, because they do not want more than one bad contract (and probably have certain players as untouchable, which is funny).

17. King901

King901 Member

-shoots

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Actually they do have the euro big whose name slips me now who may be more valuable and I think they would be willing to part with him since they are getting Dwight.

Still they'd also have to take on those contracts, I guess it could work out for Cleveland thinking about it more.

19. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

Oh well, I'm over it now.

20. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?

Cleveland owns 3 first round picks next year
    -Miami's top-10 protected
    -Sacramento's top-13 protected
    -Their own pick

Also, they have the rights to swap the least desirable of the above picks with the Lakers (top-14) protected.