1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Sources: New trade offer in works (for Dwight Howard)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Absolutely not. Not gonna let this get me upset today. Off to vegas

2. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

I hope basketball reasons doesn't let this happen.

3. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

This would by far be the dumbest trade in NBA history. You want to trade your ENTIRE team for 1 player and 3 or 4 over paid TRASH players? Add to that, all of your draft picks for the next 2 or 3 years? The best player in the trade also wants to leave after one year. So now, you have no way to rebuild and no one to rebuild around. Even if he stays, the only way to put players around him is free agency and trades. No one is going to trade for the trash. If Orlando couldn't get any free agents to play with Howard, what makes you think we can? We would just be another Orlando.

4. Jman713

Jman713 Member

this:mad::eek::(:eek:

5. cheifbootknocka

Would ANYTHING Morey has done in the past lead you to belive that he would actually offer something like this?

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

Brooks, Duhon, Forston
    Richardson, Douglas
    Forbes, Livingston Simpson
    Davis, Donuts, Brockman, Harrellson
    Howard, Leuer, Smith, Jordan

Free Agent
    Either fully or partially unguaranteed

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Might as well shoot an offer at Jameer to complete the transplant:(

8. Hball

Hball Member

Wouldn't be surprised if this went through, Morey knows if we missed the playoffs again he'll be fired anyway.

Really not worth it though for a one year rental, especially taking back those bad contracts.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

Hmmmm... Parsons/Royce are the only ones that truly truly hurt. We'll see what happens.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's a pretty sh!tty team and if he leaves we're Charlotte.

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

3/4 of the team didn't make the playoffs, we haven't been a contender since Yao's pre-injury. Rockets will give Howard scenarios that if he signed with other teams, he will not make as much. His dream of playing with the Nets is going to cost him and he will be playing with players not hand-picked by him. And next offseason, the Rockets can pickup the player Dwight wants to play with, most likely another Dream Teamer. The Rockets have shown so much love for him, they hope that he changes his mind and just become the face of the franchise. If he still doesn't agree, we can trade him again. We don't have a chance to pick him up on the free-agency market next offseason, the last few offseasons we should know. Take this opportunity, or we'll always get leftovers.

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

At least then we can start to rebuild correctly by being crappy and get a out of the double digit picks. It's a win-win. The current team right now is a middle of the pack team, which is what we've been watching for the last 3 seasons.

13. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The ESPN article quoted in the OP said nothing of draft picks.

He wants to go to Brooklyn. He can't. He has to play for someone, so he might as well play for the team that gives him the most money.

Which is better than what the Rockets were with the players they had on their roster before the trade. And I happen to believe that Morey is a better GM than Otis Smith.

14. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Regardless if Morey pulls off Dwightmare, then is able to surround Dwight with an amazing cast, I can feel for Batman J here. Yes, the NBA is a superstar driven league.

But you gotta have distaste for the process to get there. Dwight whines for multiple years, you trade everything you have and their mother (truly living up to treating people like assets), and you throw away any identity this organization had about franchise players and loyalty.

Some people like to just cheer for winners (Laker fans) and another score of sports fans wish we could cheer for players you grow up with over the years. Those days as the second type are completely over for Rockets fans.

It's actually a pretty good microcosm for the "only the win matters" society we live in now.

15. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

The only way to have the second type is to tank enough to have high draft picks.

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

Rockets are gettting absolutely RAPED on this trade. Yet, it might be worth it.

17. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Nice!

"I got chicken."

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Please stop. This trade must stand on its own. Dream casting about Chris Paul is incredibly foolish. I'm not attacking you personally, but you don't make a trade like this on a hope and a prayer that some guy, who you have no idea about his circumstances or motivations, will sign with Houston. If I hear another person bring up Chris Paul, I'm gonna sh#t in my hat.

19. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

He should go to jail.....

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Ha, I concur.

But my main point is that we still have lots of financial flexibility to add players even after this trade.