1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Sources: New trade offer in works (for Dwight Howard)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Jul 13, 2012.

1. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

And people wonder why Barkley hated Houston lol.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

I hate the proposed trade, which I think is bogus. But even if we make this trade, I'm willing to keep an open mind.

And quite frankly, I hope those who are threatening to quit on the Rockets really do quit and not go back on their words. Honestly, just stop complaining and leave the board. It will certainly empty a lot of the clutter and make the board more civilized.

I for one will be quite interested to see how the Rockets plan to compete with Howard next year if they get him. It would be the first time since 2008 that the Rockets can actually matter. Even if it's a long shot, the Rockets now have a shot. And I prefer to share my excitement in a place that's not filled with a bunch of complainers who spends all day calling for heads to roll no matter what the Rockets do.

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Even if we did we would still be brilliant

4. Muaz

Muaz Member

Somebody get mike Harris on the phone and get back jermaine Taylor for the minimum lol

5. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

Lets stop bickering... people have the right to be scared and the right to feel optimistic...

Let's just let it all play out, and when it does let Morey work his magic with our opening day roster and see what he can turn it into by next summer.

I for one believe that this trade is a win-win situation.
    a. we land a superstar caliber player
    b. it will allow morey be in a better position to acquire talent
    c. houston will be looked upon as wanting to win and in turn will hopefully become a destination nba players want to go

if it doesnt go well...
    a. we finally are able to tank it because we tried to reach the top but fell to the bottom
    b. with our current roster and minor moves we would still be in the same mediocre .500 win team
    c. we can fully rebuild

in the end, this move has a high ceiling and low ceiling and at least that gets us out of mediocrity which has shown to get us nowhere.

goodnight fellow diehard rockets fans.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Moneyball got us all these players you love in the first place.

I say, f*** it, let's do this!

Moooreeeeeeeyyy Jeeeeeeeeeeenkins

7. dmcray95

dmcray95 Member

Seriously can Rick Bucher be any more of a douche. It's liken he refuses to awkknowledge the Rockets. Same ole espn bull sh**.

8. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

Did I say we were going to be a contender? I said continue to build. Read and try to comprehend what you are reading before making a statement that does not make sense bro... Where is the logic in that?

9. Mr. Clutch

"Sources say that the Rockets would have to send Kevin Martin, Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris and Chandler Parsons to the Magic from their current roster to make the salary-cap math work, as well the draft rights to Jeremy Lamb, Royce White and Terrence Jones, all selected in last month's first round. "

KMart- gone anyways
    PatPat- average at best
    Marcus Morris- bust
    Chandler- okay he's good
    Lamb, White, Terrence- could all be busts

We are basically getting Dwight Howard for Parsons and picks.

10. Red Rising

Red Rising Member

I'm shocked you're only 17 and have a better understanding on basketball than alot of the posters. It takes a superstar to win and to draw other superstars to play with you in the NBA.

This isn't the NFL draft where you can pick up superstar talent late in the 1st round. You need a Top 5 pick to even have a chance of getting a superstar and hope he pans out. I believe Dwight Howard can be the Overall #1 pick in the next 5 drafts if he entered. Now, the Rockets have the chance to get a superstar and some idiots actually think this is a bad idea??

The trade hasn't even happened yet and people don't even know the details of the trade? Scola is still a Rocket, Morey can be doing this to make a team trade for him tomorrow instead of cutting him. Just imagine how bad Morey has the simple minded sheeple and crybabies fooled on Clutchfans. Now, just imagine 30 year old rookie GM Rob Hennigan, Morey is licking his chops and ready to pounce. Morey is a poker player, he misleads and gives false information to get what he wants. You think Morey will ever show his true hand and give out all his plans so other GM's can rape him like he's raped other GM's in the past? I don't think so. ;)

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Keep in mind the Toronto pick and up to two more are probably in the deal as well. And we'd be taking back 3 bad contracts. So it's like getting Dwight Howard for taking back 3 poison pill contracts, Parsons, Patterson, and 6 picks all mid first round or better.

HOWEVER, that's not going to happen because the report is misleading. Look at the wording. They have "sources" saying that it would be necessary to include all that to "make the salary-cap math work".

This is

a) Completely false (we don't need to include all that to make the math work)
    b) Clearly not a report about what the Rockets have actually offered to the Magic
    c) Not credible even if it was because no source is given. They don't even say something vague like "someone in the Rockets front office". They just say "sources". Which leads me to believe their "sources" are guys in the ESPN office screwing around with their faulty trade machine.

12. Believe

25 plus here as well... And I agree 100%!!!

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

We have been walking for the past two years!

14. dc1985

dc1985 Member

Not a fan of this deal if this is the offer. I would be ok with it if we keep parsons and one rookie. Or trade parsons and keep 2 rookies. Mainly because if this Dwight thing bites us in the *** and he walks (I dont think he will but he could) we lost 3 rookies and a good young player in parsons and have nothing to show for it. Its a tough one. I can see both sides.

15. Mr. Clutch

You're right, but even in this extreme scenario where we take back a bunch of bad contracts, we can still give Chris Paul the max next year.

And with Griffin gimping around, he's gonna wanna leave.

[​IMG]

16. Believe

The guy has been a true fan for nearly 20 years.. obviously through the good and bad.

Do you even know what the word loyalty means???

That is loyalty.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

I reckon Morey's under pressure to deliver a star player for a few reasons.

These past few seasons hasn't been Les' M.O at all. Les wanting to win without a foundation player?.. Les has always been about star power, the big name.

Ultimately though, the Rockets are launching their own cable channel. The business side demands that franchise player this year to push subscriptions. Then there's also the All Star game in Houston.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

he called out an idiotic post from a fake fan. If you don't like the rockets anymore you aren't a fan. Congrats. gtfo.

19. Mr. Clutch

Also, you can't win a championship without a star player.

But nevermind that.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I don't believe a team has ever sent out 7 players in a single trade before. And 7 projected rotation players at that. This is a bogus story.