1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Sources: New trade offer in works (for Dwight Howard)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Jul 13, 2012.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

So we are supposed to just sit on our "assets" WTF have we been doing since Yao left? Gathering pieces for something big! But now when the oppurtunity strikes we are supposed to just say "no I like all of our mid 1st round picks, they are going to be stars one day" hah not me I will take one year with Dwight over a lifetime of mediocre players!

2. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

No. Our president went to Villanova.:rolleyes:

4. Muaz

Muaz Member

Hmm I like Davis at 3 years left at a good price he beasted in the playoffs.

lets hope the guy who said that Leur could play the 3 was right.

5. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

[​IMG]

6. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

If this BS goes down... Even if they keep Howard and land Harden or C Paul next year...They still will not be a contender. Not with all the crap players they are taking in return. So what is the Freaking point.

I for one would rather keep what we have and continue to build...

7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

If this is real all I have to say is go to hell Morey, go to hell Les, and let me know when you sell the team so I can start rooting for my Rockets again.

Giving up Dragic was bad enough. Amnestying Scola is shameful, as was letting Chuck Hayes go when it was so easy to keep him. Parsons too? And every one of our draft picks?

For a damn rental?

I don't even like the Rockets anymore. None of our players play for us anymore. We're only wishing for a one-year rental.

I will keep going to the hangout and the D&D but otherwise I'm pretty done with this team.

This is what all our sucky 14th pick years have led up to? An opportunity to trade for a guy that promised to leave at the end of the year?

Seriously man, **** the Rockets.

I can't believe how many years I've watched every single game, every single moment, breaking it all down, fantasizing for various trades.

And this is what "moneyball" might get us? And we give up Parsons too in the deal?

Just **** the Rockets then. Maybe I have to learn to love baseball again. Because until Les and Morey are gone, after 19 years of religiously watching every single moment of every single game, I'm done. I am really done.

This is a dumb-ass move made by a dumb-ass GM and a dumb-ass owner. I can't control who owns or GM's the team, but I can control my remote.

And after 19 years of watching every single play, I'm about to start a boycott that won't stop until Les and Daryl are gone.

They have ruined this sport for me.

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

If we keep what we have, will we be a contender? Clutchfans logic. Bad.

10. AshBlackstone

AshBlackstone New Member

Orlando Magic fan here. You guys shouldn't freak out so quickly. While I believe the fact that you're going to amnesty Scola could very well mean that there is going to be a Houston-Orlando deal for Dwight Howard, I seriously doubt the trade is going to involve that many of your assets.

Personally, I would be happy with Toronto's pick, Jeremy Lamb, and some cap space. And don't you have a 1st round pick via Dallas as well? Probably throw that in. And then a choice of either Parsons or White. Parsons is popular here because he played for the University of Florida. Though I really like White's size + ball handling/facilitating skills.

And if you're a Rocket fan, I'd actually be excited about possibly getting Davis in any alleged deal. He played really well after Howard was out, and averaged 19 and 9 in the playoff series against Indiana. We want to get rid of his deal because of the years it has on it, but it's actually a pretty good value when you consider what he's capable of doing.

Taking on J-Rich or Duhon will be worse, because they're going to contribute much less. Duhon is the worst rotation point guard in the league at the offensive end. J-Rich is frustrating to watch. Very streaky. And the cold streaks are more common than the hot streaks.

11. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

12. AshBlackstone

AshBlackstone New Member

Oh, and I also wouldn't mind us getting your 2014 first round pick.

13. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Good cause that's probably all you'll get .. btw are you a 13 year old little schoolgirl with a crush ? because that's how you sound.

14. Red Rising

Red Rising Member

Yeah, you're right. What was I thinking, MIT grads are a bunch of idiots. Morey just lucked into this job in being an NBA GM. :rolleyes:

15. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP4PEZo4Hmo

16. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Rockets depth chart

Scott Machado/Toney Douglas/Sean Livingston
    Courtney Lee (using his bird rights)/Jason Richardson/Chris Duhon
    MLE?/Hedo Turkolgu
    Patrick Patterson/Donatas Motiejunas/Jon Leurer
    Dwight Howard/Maybe Omer Asik/Glen Davis

Not a bad team at all. Turk and Duhon are non-guaranteed after the year. Find a way to move Davis/trade Asik for a high pick and J-Rich and Rockets could have max money to offer Chris Paul.

I think there are still enough tradeable pieces to use on Josh Smith or Danny Granger or someone if Paul wasn't an option. Patterson/Leurer or Donatas, Asik

I feel better now after initial shock.

17. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Can you tell us what team he wants to go to?

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Hear, Hear.

Over 25 years of being a Rockets fan. This is a new low for this franchise.

19. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Could also end up we traded for a one year lease on a Bugatti, along with a couple of Dodge Neons with blown engines thrown in. And after a year we'd be left with several cars that don't run and no money to fix them. I'm still not sure one year in the Bugatti is worth the possibility of having to walk for the next five years or more.

20. Spooner

Spooner Member

Don't forget about Gary Forbes and Josh harrellson

BTW Patterson would be in the deal.