1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ClutchFans] Rockets trade Lowry, stay focused on Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 6, 2012.

1. role_50

role_50 Member

Not at UT but I did. Just a rivalry thing bro. why so serious? I've posted with you in the past for and against around the time T-Mac was traded, your still on the morey bandwagon and houston is no better. Thats been years ago son, let it go its still the same but gotta honor your loyalty. TSTC alum. in case it matters to you.

2. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

God! The Magic is still playing mental with us, and want us to put make in the offer sheet. Just face the truth, the Rockets are the only team that can put out a real offer for DH. :mad:
    The whole DH story is drving me nut! Just get this thing over! :eek:

3. Raven

Raven Member

The Magic know that Morey isn't going to call their bluff the way the Nets did. They have nothing to lose by delaying, plus they get to watch Dwight squirm, while watching to see if Morey acquires more assets.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

recap- so we couldn't sign Dragic, we traded Lowry Camby and Dalembert. I still have no clue what's going on with Lin or Asik and this Howard thing is completely convoluted.
    anyone think we end up with Pao Gasol when this thing is through?

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Right now we don't even have Courtney Lee, Kevin Martin doesn't want to be here and we are probably amnesty Scola.

6. role_50

role_50 Member

3, 2, 1 ....... EXPLOSION! HOUSTON ROCKETS TEAM TOTALLY DISENTEGRATED AND SO OUR THEIR FAN'S HOPES. BE BACK IN 10YRS. HOUSTON LOSES EVERYONE AND GAINS NO ONE. HOW ABOUT LOSING DARYL MOREY?

7. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Gosh, that sounds like a bomb threat.

We lose everyone and gain no one?

Explosion?

I believe they sell decaf coffee. You should try some...;)

8. mazinger

mazinger Member

[​IMG]

No.

9. RedPocketRocket

Mamba, suppose you get 2 job offers from similiar companies. One company is going to provide you with prestige and great success, but not much money. The other company, though a far less proven one, is in position to throw more salary at you than the first bidder ever could. Which job do you take? Do you work for Apple computers and the fame that comes with it? Or do you work for the inferior name of Toshiba but take the 30-40 million extra over 5 years?

The new CBA has been discussed on this site to death. So you know that Houston can offer Howard more garunteed money next year than any other team, providing The Mongoose gets him here this year.

DH is still a young kid, no way he turns down an extra 30-40 million (that is tax exempt only in Texas). Then Why doesnt he sign that same deal with Orlando right now? Once bridges have been burned they cant be crossed, too late for him to turn back now he is pot committed. To be so sure that Howard will not re-sign with Houston is absurd, unless you think walking away from a multitude of millions of dollars is normal and a certianty.

Also I noticed you said there is no possible way to get another superstar to play along side him. As long as our GM doesnt take on all the bad contracts the Magic have, the Rockets will have cap space to sign another max. Add to that the rookie wage scale plus a potential amnesty of Scola (which hurts my soul) and there is most certianly some flexibility (check the Carl Herrera thread he has proven it).

My advice to you is to stop being so certian of imminent doom. We have won 2 championships. Houston isnt exactly the uggliest girl in class, she is just big boned for now.

The Rockets do need a superstar one day in order to compete, but that superstar will not and will never be a Dwight Howard. The Superstar has to want to be here in order for him to have the motivation to play to his fullest potential instead of a disgruntle star who just wants out.[/QUOTE]

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's literally Dwight or Bust. We will be the worst team in the NBA next season without a deal

11. xAliceInChains

How many actually think this deal will go down?

I'm 100% prepared for bust, I'm actually expecting it. I know many others feel the same way.

12. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

How can our rookies play in the summer league if they aren't signed?

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

they dont have to be signed.... just insured.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Rockets have pretty much admitted, we get Howard or we tank, no band aids this year.

I don't have a problem with this.

15. claydavis

claydavis Member

Muhammad or noels sounds like a plan not john doe for the 14 h pick

16. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Hey man quick heads up , I think ur caps lock is on… I could be wrong thou

17. Toothless_Texan

we still trade them? i'm moving to texas

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At some point (if not already) the Magic reach a point of diminishing returns....the longer it goes, the less they get. Orlando has to rebuild and teams are already being put together. To wait all the way to the deadline, would mean MUCH less. The insurance of being able to deal him at the deadline is worth a lot in any deal now. For what it's worth, I believe Howard or Bynum is coming here .....done deal, ergo the Scola amnesty. And with our new center, will come another stud ...Gasol, Smith, even Chris Paul.

And we're getting sigs.....

In this day and age where teams of all stars are thrown together it would be refreshing to truly rebuild, not reload...... let the players and the fans grow together. We have the right people in place with Morey and Lurch.

Alas, Les will make money and POSSIBLY get a championship window.......

19. Asian Sensation

Eyes on the prize baby.... We're almost there!!!!!!!!!!!

20. cdain3

cdain3 Member