1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets consider amnestying Scola, as talks with the Magic grow "serious"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jul 11, 2012.

1. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

In Morey we trust remember.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Aaron Brooks
    Jason Richardson
    Chandler Parsons
    Luis Scola
    Dwight Howard

Hell yes... It would be insane to amnesty Scola.

3. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

I woke up to this thread and was half asleep reading it...

May have jumped the gun but am sick of all this ish!!!

4. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

F that, I'm not willing to take Richardson AND Hedo AND Duhon (granted we don't really have a NBA caliber starting PG right now anyways). Seriously? We'd be absorbing their contracts with no assurance that Dwight would stay, he might even go to during the next offseason? What the freak? No thanks! I'd rather take a chance on Bynum, even with the injury history on those knees.

Pretty sure he'd resign to a long term commitment over Dwight as of right now.

5. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

The above trade was taken directly from a poster on the Orlando Magic fan forum on what their ideal trade trade is from the perspective of an Orlando Magic fan.
    http://truebluenation.com/forum/ind...he-dwight-howard-drama-unfolds/page__st__2340

All we know is that the Orlando Magic would like the Rockets to take Turkoglu, Richardson and Duhon.

I haven't seen anything from a reliable source on what the Magic have asked for in return.
    I would like to know exactly what the Magic are asking for in return before making a judgment.

Based on prior deals, I think it would be safe to say that Daryl Morey is a level headed, shrewd negotiator that does not rush into a trade.

No matter what the Magic are asking for in return, I seriously doubt Daryl is going to give them the kitchen sink (take all of their bad contracts and give up all of our young guys with talent as well as picks).

My best guess is that it will be some combination of both, where we take on more “bad” contracts and give up fewer “assets” as a compromise.

The reason I think this is the route Daryl wants to go is because he has a proven history of being able to trade players with bad contracts for either players that can help the team or picks.

Obviously, the Rockets will have to give up a few picks as well as a few players that we as Rockets fans would rather not see get traded.

The question becomes how much salary can the Rockets take on and not be prevented from making moves (acquiring free agents next year) as well as how much Les is willing to dish out.

I am hoping BimaThug can chime in and give us a run down of the numbers and his opinion on what the Rockets would have to give up if they took on the salaries of all three players.

6. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

I don't want to really lose Scola for nothing. It sounds like Rockets already have to give up a lot to get Howard and I don't want to throw away Scola too.

I would target:
    Cavs
    Det
    Bucks
    Spurs
    Raptors
    Jazz

All these teams have expiring contracts that match Scola. Don't know if its possible but I would like to deal Scola for crappy player and 1st round pick. Hopefully the crappy player has a partially guaranteed contract or Rockets try to buy them out of contract....kind of like what Hornets did with Rashard Lewis

7. Tuan

Tuan Member

Take it easy guys.

There is no way Morey would take on all three contracts AND give them picks and young prospects. If he was willing to take on all three (Jrich, Hedo, Duhon) then this trade would have happened a few days ago. Orlando would not have wasted their time talking to New Jersey.

8. lmaballa

lmaballa Rookie

Morey is an idiot .. i can't believe he is asking for Hedo.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

I didn't say it was something the Magic actually proposed, I was talking about what the fans are demanding (which since they are Magic homers is probably excessive).

10. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

man, this lineup would be gravy!

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'd rather see what we have with Motiejunas honestly. Unless we could trade him in a second package for Josh Smith (or something similar).

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Somewhat realistic scenario:

Martin
    Lamb
    White
    Toronto 1st
    Dallas 1st
    Future lottery-protected Houston 1st

for

Howard
    Richardson

Bring back Aaron Brooks, Courtney Lee (re-signing him hasn't been ruled out & he's Dwight's friend--not sure if it works cap-wise in this scenario though)

Brooks/Douglas
    Lee/Richardson
    Parsons/Morris
    Scola/Motiejunas
    Howard/Motiejunas

You have to imagine something like this is Morey's dream outcome right?

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The "puppy dog"?

**** no...

14. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

tbh I think Morey's dream outcome is to not take back enough salary so he can offer CP3 the max next year to pair with Dwight.

15. jdjd

jdjd Member

No one will trade us anything right now because they know we are about to cut him. Especially not a 1st round pick.

16. jdjd

jdjd Member

That would be a great lineup if this thread wasn't about how the Rockets are going to amnesty Scola.

17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I don't understand your logic. If he is amnestied, there is a bidding process for teams under the cap, and if you don't win that, he gets to choose where to play. If you trade for him, he's yours for keeps and he has no say.

18. killtaker

killtaker Contributing Member

Why not? Appears to me that Hedo's contract is the better of the 2 poisons:

-Hedo is due $11.8M this year and has an unguaranteed $12M in '13-14.
    -J-Rich's contract is longer with player option in '14-15, which he will undoubtedly take.

We let Dragic go because Morey doesn't like player options. Hedo's contract will be easier to flip.

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I'll be ecstatic if we somehow keep Rolls Royce and get Dwight. Rolls Royce is Larry Johnson take 2.

20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

i dont see why a team like the cavs(who were rumored for PF khump) wouldnt mind taking a flyer on scola... any team for that matter...

i'd love to land a non-gguaranteed or partially-guaranteed contract... or a 2nd or a 1st rd pick... even if we could land an expiring at less than scola's 9mill, something like 5-6...

i would take any combination of those options or even any single option...