1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sign Bynum in free agency!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Believe, Jul 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

Bynum has already said that he can see himself playin for The Rox.... Wouldnt it be best to keep all of the assets and just sign him in free agency at the end of next season?

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

That's what I said. No way I'm helping lakers get howard.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Howard
    Asik
    Bynum
    Parsons
    Lin

Not a bad starting 5. The Triple Towers.

1 person likes this.
  4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yeah sure. Why not trade for Dwight and then tell him we are signing Bynum too? Have Dwight move over to powerfoward.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Bynum wants to get paid... I think he would just re-sign with the Lakers honestly.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yeah why not, after all the biggest obstacle to acquiring FA's so far has been our willingness to do so.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

1 person likes this.
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Bynum is reported to be willing to sign an extension with the Lakers if he is not traded. He just wasn't going to promise signing one with the Magic. Besides, if he does become a FA, his current team can pay him much more money.

So if you don't trade for Bynum, you are not getting him in free agency.

9. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

We would still have the pcs to make additional moves next year... I for one would like to see the new pks play for atleast a year to see what they have. It sure would suck to trade away one or two and them go on to be a star...

10. Captainundpants

I agree. If Bynum were to become a free agent next season he will get tons of Money thrown at him and get paid more than what he would make by just sign an extension with us. The reason I say that is cause usually when a player hits free agency they expect to get paid a lot more than what they would rather than just signing and extension with the current team. But I'm sure y'all already knew that. But I just don't see the Lakers resigning him. Cause he will ask for a lot of money and so far the Lakers got next season fifty something mil. in just Kobe and Gasol. I know the Lakers would pay luxury tax and all but really? Do they really want to have 65 million invested in just 3 players?

11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

This multiplied by 2 billion.

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

TRADE FOR BYNUM. i'd much rather get bynum than dwight.

13. Happii

Happii Member

Right now its best to trade for Bynum if the Rockets don't get him now he WILL be a Laker next season because he would be offered a ridiculous contract. Bynum already said he would resign with the Rockets so if we get him now it is guaranteed that he would sign with the Rockets in the next off season.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I disagree. If. Bynum is a free agent, the rockets would have an excellant chance to sign him. The rockets can sell him on being the focal point. They could also upgrade the talent with him. If asik and lin are matched and if the rockets don't do anything dumb long term contract wise, they could offer bynum and harden max. If you have bynum and harden to start plus a top 10 pick from the sorriness this yr, they could get in the mix really quick.

15. psingh34

psingh34 Member

kobe has already said he will prob play for 3 to 4 years so by the time he hits FA next year, if he has another good year ... he will be looking at being more of a focal point for the lakers as well

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

17. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

[Public Service Announcement]

Please stop with these pointless threads.

Just do some work, read the threads already up about Bynum and Howard and your answer to how virtually impossible this idea is would have been easily found.

Thank you,
    The Non-Management

[/Public Service Annoucement]

18. jdjd

jdjd Member

Are ya'll serious? There is no way Bynum cares about building a "superteam". Isn't this the same guy that said "there's a bank in every city?" This guy wants to get paid first and play basketball second.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Howard needs a stretch 4, Asik, Parsons and Lin are not exceptional shooters

20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

When you have a chance to get a franchise player, you don't wait for free-agency, or we will not even get a sniff when he is out on the open market. It is better lock him now, or we will be empty handed for years to come. Morey's plan for Dwight and Bynum, whichever one we hope to get is that he has all season to talk to their agents for an extension. I really believe whoever is heading our way will be here for the long-term, and if one of them don't sign an extension, he will get traded during the trading deadline. I know Morey, or the Rockets organization will not let Dwight do what he is doing to the Magic, holding them hostage.