1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Morey prove all the doubters wrong and make the big splash for Howard or Bynum?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jul 10, 2012.

?

Will Morey be able to pull of the big splash trade for either Howard or Bynum?

1. Yes

256 vote(s)
    68.6%
  2. No

117 vote(s)
    31.4%
  1. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Only a Lakers Fan or troll would say we should not go after Bynum

get real

Bynum is a BEAST, and can put up insane numbers when given the touches

2. wiseguyX

wiseguyX Member

hahah not really. but I get what you mean.

3. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I hope not. I don't want either of those players. They're both assholes for different reasons.

I don't want us to sell our team's soul for a few more wins.

4. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

then you are NOT a Rockets Fan

So you wouldnt want a player like Rajon Rondo( because he also threw a ball at a ref), or you wouldnt want CP3 or Harden because they flop all over the place

Come on, you are talking about 2 dominant centers in the NBA( nowhere near the age of 30).

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

6. lmaballa

lmaballa Rookie

For one, Howard will not come to Houston. So, this is a lose-lose situation regardless. If we get Bynum, that means Lakers get Howard. If Lakers get Howard, Rockets will never win the West. If we get neither, we are still suck.

Lets go OKC

7. conquistador#11

awesome logic.

8. Raven

Raven Member

The only thing that threw me off is the rumor that Bynum would consider playing here. I'm not sure what his angle is other than probably wanting to get as far away from Kobe as possible. If true, I can see where a three team blockbuster might be possible, though I am wary of helping the Lakers kick start another mini dynasty.

And what happens to Gasol?

9. thejav

thejav Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. lmaballa

lmaballa Rookie

thanks bro .. took me a while to debug

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Gasol and Kobe are not getting any younger. When we pair Bynum with his second allstar? That will be right around the time Gasol and Kobe should be nice and out of their best years as players. That could all happen within the next 2 to 3 years and we have a prime Bynum to go with our better lineup of younger stars. While Dwight is stuck with two old guys who cant compete with the Rockets anymore.

12. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

How about you get your facts straight? The larger his role became, the less successful the Lakers became.

2009 Title run in playoffs:
    17 min 6.3pts, 3.7 rebs

2010 title run in playoffs:
    24 mins 8.6 pts, 7rebs

2011 playoffs numbers: 2nd round exit
    32 mins 14.4pts, 9.8 rebs Got swept

2012 playoffs numbers: 2nd round exit
    37 mins 16.7 pts,11.1 rebs. 1 win in 2nd round exit

The guy is either feast or famine so his averages look good. He cant pass. Cant post up quickly. Cant run the floor. Cant play Pick & Roll defense. The Lakers literally moved World Peace, Gasol and Kobe off their sweet spots to make sure Andrew Bynum got featured in the offense. Listen to Phil Jackson himself

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B5IBgHjW3Oo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1.15 onwards. He basically implies how Bynum's success came at the expense of everyone else's production on the floor

13. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Anger management therapist. Helps Bynum keep his shirt on after flagrantly decking players half his size.

14. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

Why is Houston pursuing Howard, if we trade for him we will have lost a high lottery pick and the potential lottery pick gained from tanking in the coming season. Worst we will only have him for one season, and back to nothing. What true benefit is there to getting Dwight?

15. cogs

cogs Member

There are at least 500 posts explaining why. Him not resigning is speculation. If I was in his place and wanted a specific destination I too would say I wouldn't resign anywhere else to see if I could sway where I go. When it is all said and done, wins + money will be the deciding factor. I have companies I would prefer NOT to work for, but with the right amount of $ I could be swayed. In the end, $ does make people happy. If we can offer the most, Morey's strong point is role players. We can put the team around him to win. We just need someone to build the team around.

16. moreyball

moreyball Member

The big splash will be that we end up with 7 footer, 5 time all star Pau Gasol. Can't wait!

17. 34to11

34to11 Member

The only thing Bynum has on either of those guys is size...so yeah, best big man.

BTW, saying he'd be the best big man we've had since Yao isn't saying much either.

18. thino

thino Contributing Member

please don't... say that.

19. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

He will try his hardest but it won't be Bynum, all this talk are just rumours. Morey wants a superstar and Leslie wants people in in the seats and Howard provides both, Bynum not so much. Morey will ruin this franchise future by trading for Dwight or overpay for Gasol or another moron.

20. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Lol, when we get Bynum we will have gone 1 season without a superstar and you idiots think Morey's failed.

This is why you aren't GMs, Morey knows the endgame and you don't.