1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Scrimmage] 6-part video, 22 min on NBA.com

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crossover, Jul 11, 2012.

1. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Full credit to moose, pointing this out in the Royce White scrimmage thread.

Didn't want the link to the vids to get buried in that tread. Get to see a lot of action from all the guys contending for spots on the team. Lamb making it look easy. Also Forston was bringing up the ball (yikes) against... I can't tell who all these new guys are.

7 people like this.
  2. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What I see so far...Chandler Parsons getting out of position on a close out and Lamb makes the shot. The next play, Lamb pulls up in Parsons' face and makes the shot.

3. jacoby

jacoby Member

Looks like the coaching staff is looking to see if Lamb can play some Point this season.

4. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Wish I can rep you. A near full hour of seeing our rookies in action, very nice. Thanks.

5. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

For anyone who cares, I think these were the teams; apologies for any unintentional racism...

White:
    Courtney Fortson (Long Dreads)
    Chandler Parsons (Grizzled Veteran)
    Royce White (Best Beard/Mohawk combo this side of James Harden)
    Zoran Dragic (Green Shoes, looks like Goran)
    Jerai Grant (Relatively skinny big man, dark skinned, lands funny on his ankle at one point)
    Jai Lucas (Subs for Fortson, runs the point)
    Kyle Fogg (Taller than either of the white team PGs, plays off ball, didn't do much)

Black:
    Scott Machado (Matched up against Fortson, ran point for his team)
    Manny Harris (White-Sleeved Undershirt)
    Jon Leuer (Big White Guy, good touch, good spacing on offense)
    Jeremy Lamb (Jumpers and horrible defense. Predict that he'll be the whipping boy for CF next year if he's on the team. I like him though...)
    Terrence Jones (Matched up against Royce White, looked at least 2" taller, finished very well around the rim)
    Diamon Simpson (Lighter-Skinned Big Man, huge tattoo from right shoulder to elbow)

Motiejunas, Morris, Eli Holman and Greg Smith didn't play, I believe.

3 people like this.
  6. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Did it for you :)

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You forgot DSimpson with the game winning tip-in.

8. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Observations:

Lamb needs to improve his defense. He gets caught flat footed a little too much and his decision making process in one on one situations is lacking. Great potential though.

Machado has a nice game. His ball handling is superb, great vision, and has good form on his shot. I can't tell if he's good at defense, but he didn't do bad. I project him to be our back up PG right now. Fortson also played well, so he may be fighting the back up PG spot with him.

Leuer will be an interesting prospect. He looks bigger than I thought and maybe he can slide over to the 5 occasionally. Back up PF/C material.

Royce White didn't impress me as much. He got lost in the lane a few times and almost lost the ball. I think he is still adjusting to the speed of the game and it's hard to tell by scrimmages.

9. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

at the 1:13 mark, why is Fortson playing so far off of lamb? Lamb is a shooter.

10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Watched all of it. Very glad I saw some footage.

Machado was good. Manny Harris showed he played in the league before. Lamb was good and Royce White had a few good things. Terrence Jones was good. Overall I think Machado did some of the best things. He made a nice little tear drop and a few jump shots easily. Some assists and good ball handling. Some turnovers. Lamb was good on offense but had moments of disappearing. Not sure who Manny Harris is yet but he stood out the most. Maybe he was playing harder?

11. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Lol all these comments about good offense, crappy defense, and disappearing make the Kmart Lamb comparison that much more accurate.

12. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

-Lamb shows he can score with ease and was very lazy on defense
    -White I saw nothing impressive besides that one coast to coast play he has no confidence in shooting a jumper, leurer played good D on him
    -Tjones was active and finished his moves strong
    -Parsons looked disinterested just going through the motions
    -Machado looked comfortable and was pushing the ball I only saw one TO
    -Fortson hit a couple shots and missed 2 make able layups

13. yxx1218

yxx1218 Member

Oh great!

14. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Machado was dominating for a stretch there. Several assists in a row, a floater, a lay-up, a jumper. Dude looked like the best player out there.

15. bill-sam

bill-sam Member

lamb can't be a leader
    White didn't have confidence in his mid-range ,he passed too much,just like T-WILL once did。
    TJlooks good not afraid of body collision,maybe he is the best project?
    Parsons didn't show off even catch the ball,cuz too boring?

16. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Ish Smith?! Sweeeeeeeet!

17. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

nvm... :(

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I thought McHale said Terrence Jones didn't play due to bumping knees. Edit: I think it was TJones after looking at the video. He probably just missed a part of the action after bumping knees at some point.

Also:

T. Jones is 6'9.5'' in shoes. R. White is 6'8'' in shoes, so that's why Jones looks about 2 inches taller than White. http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Terrence-Jones-5708/
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Royce-White-41371/

#18 Carl Herrera, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  19. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Awesome stuff. Felt really good to see some Rockets action.

20. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

who was that with the white under-shirt that air-balled a three pointer? LMAO