1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where should Scola go?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steven_orgy, Jul 9, 2012.

1. steven_orgy

steven_orgy Member

I like Scola and wish him to win the NBA championship. But staying here can't help him win now that Rox seems to rebuild. Which team shall best suit him?

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Orlando :grin:

3. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

For Scola himself? Hate to say its the Lakers, but for us to acquire talent or picks? The Nets, probably.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Your house to slap you for making this thread. No but it doesn't matter he's the type of guy who will be happy anywhere he can play.

5. scola4

scola4 Member

I started to think about this too and one scenario I thought of was him going to the 76ers. They just amnisted Brand and need scoring help. Also could see the Spurs or Pacers.

A lot of teams that are close could use him and his contract isn't bad. The real question is what can we get in return?

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

capspace

7. scola4

scola4 Member

At least tell me he's worth a 1st rounder...

8. yxx1218

yxx1218 Member

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Oklahoma city. They need a back to the basket scorer.

10. J-Red

J-Red Member

A first rounder would be great but if he gets dealt to a contender then its about as good as a second rounder. The 28, 29, or 30th pick wouldn't help any more than us being stuck at 14th every year. If he can teach the young guys then I say keep him with a reduced role, at least for one more year. Besides, I'm not ready to retire my Scola jersey just yet.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Las Haciendas

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't want him dealt, but if he is, I want the highest possible return for the Rockets that allows Luis to play for a decent team, and not a bottom feeder. My preference would be that he doesn't go anywhere, and stays in Houston to mentor the plethora of 6'9" forwards we now have on the team. Mr. Scola is highly qualified for this role, being 6'9" himself.

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Interesting and a seemingly good fit...

14. J-Red

J-Red Member

Could you imagine Scola there in the 3 man rotation with Ibaka and Perkins? Collison could have garbage or foul trouble minutes. And his lack of D wouldn't matter that much because of the other guy always on the floor with him. I actually really like this trade for Scola. I like him very much as a player and have talked to him at some of the Season Ticket Holder functions, and he's an awesome person and I wish him the best. And if Battier can get a ring by signing with the Miami, why can't Scola? He's contributed just as much as Shane did to us so wishing something like that for Luis shouldn't even be a question.

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Whichever team has the most assets. We want assets! When do want em? Now! Why do we want em? Um... I know I left my keys around here somewhere. Anybody seen a set of keys lying around?

16. rockets06

rockets06 Member

I was thinking maybe more along the lines of a SnT for Ibaka next off-season if they choose to extend Harden instead of Ibaka to pair with the guy that has us on his short list of teams Bynum! Ship out Scola with one of our young PF's like Jones/Morris/Patterson. Dreaming about what can possibly happen in the meantime keeps me tuned into the rockets until they are competitors again. :grin:

17. awc713

awc713 Member

i dont want him in OKC. who would they give us? a first round pick? #29. nah.

id like to send him to the eastern conference, and i think the sixers are a great choice. i just dont like sending philly all our good players...pence, demeco ryans, oswalt, etc.

18. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

He should go.. with the flow.

Do you think Scola, Martin, Patterson, and a pick would be a fair offer for Minny? =)

20. Onepaks

Onepaks Member

If asik gets match, we should do a

Scola Martin and patpat for darko and love