1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Film Session: Jeremy Lamb

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

Thanks for posting that

Do you think he could play some backup point?

1 person likes this.
  3. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

I'm liking these Film Sessions.

4. J-Red

J-Red Member

Jeremy Lamb will surprise a lot of people this year with his ability to score. And hopefully working under McHale's system, he'll develop great defensive as well.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Of the three picks I am happiest about Lamb. He fits both the need and talent criteria for our team. And personally I thought he was better than Ross and Rivers.

6. J-Red

J-Red Member

I think he can play point about as much as we had Courtney Lee play point last year. Only on a need-to basis. Unless he just surprises everyone with bringing better ball handling skill than what we've seen from him @ UConn. Only time will tell but if he plays some point, hopefully some of our smaller forwards can play some 3 and 2 and give us some depth NOT @ PF.

7. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

looking good, but i'd be pissed to see Morey trade Lamb in a package for Dwight, only to have dwight leave in free agency next summer.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

true story: i haven't watched college ball in years and didn't even glance at who the draft candidates were going to be this season. until 2 nites before the draft, i spent ~15min checking out the player videos from the mock draft on nbadraft.net. and the only player who really impressed me was this kid lamb. offensively, he's got the J and a wide array of skills, plus the long arms and decent hops to make him a 20+ scorer soon enough. but that floater is going to make him a playoffs star one day.

9. akiracy

akiracy Member

10. akiracy

akiracy Member

and i messed up the links

11. zzpot

zzpot Member

12. zzpot

zzpot Member

WHAT!!!!!!!...... Your in trouble now young man:mad:

zzpot... ;):p:p

13. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

cool writeup jason..thanks

14. zzpot

zzpot Member

The first link Mchale 07-08-12 worked... I'll look at them all and fix any if need

15. zzpot

zzpot Member

I think Jason Friedman just gave Lamb his Rockets nickname.

Speaking of life on the defensive end, Lamb possesses the potential to be a plus player in that area. His length gives him the ability to be both a ball hawk and a multi-positional defender, and his defensive metrics at Connecticut back this up; opponents shot less than 32 percent from the field against him in spot-up, isolation and off-screen situations -- a testament, no doubt, to his go-go-gadget arms that allow him to contest shots even when he’s not ideally positioned to do so.

zzpot:grin::grin:

16. zzpot

zzpot Member

True dat!

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Go go Gadget sure as hell works a lot better than "orangutan" lol. A college writer for my school paper got in trouble after using that attribution to describe Luol Deng's arms. Had to issue a retraction and publicly apologize.

18. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Love Morris' attitude. Doesn't seem to have any hard feelings about last season. Not dwelling on the past, just ready to do what it takes to be better. In his words, "just kick someone's ass" lol...

Glad that Chandler and Patterson are stepping up as leaders. Lord knows we need them seeing that the team is depleted of veterans.

On a negative note, McHale doesn't seem too encouraging.....

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He is probably tired from being pulled in 2 directions... Trades and coaching.