1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports Radio guys bad-mouthing the Rockets are idiots!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by woodtee, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

All I've really heard from 790's Charlie P. and the guy before him are that they have "no idea what the Rockets are doing" and that they aren't exactly optimistic about the situation.

I don't listen a whole lot, just on iHeart when I can. But they certainly aren't all sunshine and lollipops over there at 790 either.

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I heard that. He obviously doesn't come here often, because if he did he would have seen the entire first page of the garm was threads ripping Morey. Then he went on to drop a line about having lunch with "his agent". What a waste of oxygen

3. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Your reply to another post works for mine as well. I agree with this.

4. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

LOL

Rick Smith>>>>>>>>>>>>> Daryl Moron

dont even compare the 2

i also like how you state Rick Smith gets credit for Wade Phillips genuis( who do you think helped hire Wade Phillips). hahah Moron supporters are a joke

5. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

He's mad at us after he read multiple threads from the Hangout of everyone ripping him. It's funny how two extremely popular fan sites in CF and Tigerdroppings openly destroy him and he knows it

1 person likes this.
  6. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Word, it took balls to pick Okoye over Patrick Willis and Darrelle Revis. GENIUS!!

7. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

your a joke. seriously, are you even a rockets fan, or just morey's pissed of ex-boyfriend/girlfriend?

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

610 has been really bitter towards the Rockets since they left. They really don't talk anything negative about teams that pay the bills (seriously, they are scared to death of making the Texans upset) but they have a vendetta against the Rockets right now due to the departure from their station.

Whatever, 790 is light years ahead of 610 and its crappy lineup of sports commentators.

9. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

The "give Morey some time" train left 3 years ago. Results have been horrible thus far

10. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

610 is terrible. The hosts are arrogant and I really wonder if they watch any sports other than football which is why I rarely tune in.

790 is great. There has been negative Rocket talk but who can blame them?

11. Gucci_Ochocinco

It's frustrating when they criticize things without knowing the facts. The other day some fill-in hosts at night were going on and on how if the Lin and Asik deals go through, they will be getting paid $30 million combined in the 3rd year which is more than half of the cap. Yeah, that's what they would actually get paid that year, but it would count much less than that against the cap, a fact which they are completely ignorant of. It's just frustrating when these alleged "experts" don't know what they are talking about. Still though, at least they're actually talking about the NBA and the Rockets for once. If I have to hear one more segment on the freaking Saints bounty crap I'm going to smash my radio.

12. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

You guys have got to be kidding me.

1)No **** we are homers. We are a fan site about the Rockets...most of us are die hard Houston sports fans and we blindly love our teams and the organizations. Honestly its a compliment when someone calls me a homer for Houston sports. Calling me a bandwagon fan would be the insult

2) Why are you ripping the guy for voicing his opinion. Yes Josh is a pretty controversial guy and says some questionable stuff...but is it really that outrageous to call the rockets a second rate organization? I dont agree with it but I can see why someone would think that..
    -no player ever wants to play here
    -after a couple years the guys that we do have seem to always want out
    -morey treats every player like an asset

again i dont agree with everything that they say on 610 but they are definitely more entertaining and honest than the guys on 790.
    The guys on 610 arent worried about saying the right thing to make their listeners happy...they say whats on their mind and personally thats why i like listening to them more.

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Charlie Pallilo of 790 is the one bright shining light of Houston sports radio. He's articulate, literate and actually brings facts to a discussion. And he has been following these changing Rockets matters fairly closely. Their morning show is probably the best too. And while Lance might not be the sharpest tool, he is good during football season and can do some very funny voices.

610 has fallen off a cliff and become almost unlistenable. John Lopez is a dope who laughs like Ed MacMahon at his own attempts at humor. I have no idea what his purpose is. He offers precisely zero insight on anything. And the one thing that Josh Innes does well, is to convert any discussion on any topic into one about Josh Innes. He is as narcissistic as 13-year old girl. Dude has some serious inadequacy issues. Poor Rich Lord probably wants to shoot himself after having to listen to that blob vomit all over himself everyday. Vandemere was smart to get out of there.

1 person likes this.
  14. QazQay

QazQay Member

Nice try radio 610 owner ;)

15. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Good post, Woodtee.
    Words fail me when I try to express how moronic and short sighted some of these clowns appear to be. Morley might not succeed in getting the prize he's after, but it's really not a mystery what he's trying to do here. I don't expect them to be blind homers, but they do this for a living. They should be a little better informed. Instead they are full of clueless bluster.

Charlie P on 790 stays on top of things, and actually has the capacity to give a reasoned take on a consistent basis. There are a few others but it's hit and miss.

16. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

hahahaha yeahhh....no

17. RocketsOD

RocketsOD Member

I heard those guys say the rockets would be an 18 win team this year...
    thats just moronic...

18. onreego

onreego Member

They found time between football talk to acknowledge the Rockets? Cool.

19. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

with 7pfs and basically 0pgs...this roster would probably win less than 18 games

20. sks123

sks123 Member

The radio 610 guys completely changed their tone when they stopped being the official broadcaster for the Rockets, almost as if to say ok you didnt shoose us, we are going to make you look bad now