1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the EAST FINALS Game 2 as Tatum and the Celtics host Haliburton and the Pacers. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2012 -13' Houston Rockets: Let Them Grow

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedrockets, Jul 6, 2012.

1. thejav

thejav Member

I'm fine with letting jones and morris go.. gotta keep dmo, white and lamb.. a lot of potential here..

1 person likes this.
  2. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

[​IMG]

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

[​IMG]

4. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

At least the future would be bright with these young guys going through growing pains right now.

I'd much rather watch losing basketball with young guys who represent the future of this team than watch losing basketball with a bunch of 'wiley ol' veterans' who represent absolutely nothing in terms of a meaningful future for the Rockets.

5. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Oh man , jokes on me ... I though snookie was hot at first. Not cool for doing that to me , u could have at least posted a bad pic. SMH, clutch should ban me for that

6. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

Les, just resign yourself to the fact that we have to rebuild.

Stop spinning the wheels. Just. Stop. Please.

7. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Snookie want smoosh-smoosh!

8. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

You think if I say muff cabbage in the mirror 3 times the thoughts will go away?

9. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

You can see her nipple in the picture, just stare at it. ;)

10. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

U can't say just because this or that guy was drafted 12, 16, or 18 that they dont have potential to be stars...this was a very deep draft and any one of the guys we drafted could've went higher...plus white had issues that kept teams away from him and even jones could've went higher (top 10) last season but stayed and didn't progress enough (though close to 2 blks game)...the talent is there for this draft class and throw in parsons and dmo and that is solid young talent..I nor anyone else knows what potential they have but this is a very talented group that could be very good if givin the chance..let the young guys grow...I want a team I can grow with that can learn from a hall of fame player (the young players will respect him and buy into more than the vets, exception of scola)

11. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

well yes, when those guys were coming out of college, everyone knew they were amazing. whatabout guys like Kobe (drafted 13) or Tmac (drafted 9) or Steve Nash (drafted 15). those guys are all (or were) franchise players who will damn well go down in history as one of the greatest of all time(with the exception of tmac, but remember him before the injuries...kid was good). you don't need a first round pick to get a franchise player. im not saying Jeremy Lamb is the next Kobe, but he just might be.

12. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

HAHA good one!:grin:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6I8PCWVuEK4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

royce white is at best bonzi wells, corey magette, shawn marion.
    terrence jones is at best lamar odom, josh howard.
    lamb is a low budget richard hamilton,ray allen or tayshawn prince.

14. munco

munco Member

Lamb will be a very good player.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Do you see where hating leads you?? Do you???!!!!:mad:

16. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Those are friendly player comparisons.

Lamb wasn't nearly as explosive as his other uconn alum ray allen or richard hamilton.

The royce white bonzi wells / maggette comparisons are pretty accurate in terms of physique.

Jones was pretty good at Kentucky and he looks like josh howard and maybe chris webber.

17. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Not gonna happen, no not gonna happen
    Hah Hah
    not gonna happen, no not gonna happen

Gospel choir - Over Leslie's dead body

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

These new players that a Howard trade might bring will come at a price. The overall impact of them is not likely to be great.Keep our rookies and the picks,if they shine great.Having cap room for an outright signing will eventually yield a big one.

19. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

deep sea expedition