1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
Tags:
  1. Yao1134

Yao1134 Member

i have satellite in the living room and i have regular tv in the bedroom and i have got to see every rockets gaem this year almost so im happy with that

2. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

And how about Direct TV deal? Will they add KNWS to it also?
    and there will be no more blacked-out crap right?

3. chyke_tx

chyke_tx Member

Can channel 51 extend to austin? We get only spurs games here on fox SW and they suck!!!!!

4. Possum

Possum Member

Will this have any effect on the ****y reception? :mad: :mad:

5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Lol. Good luck, it barely extends across Houston.

I really hope Direct TV picks up the station soon also.

6. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

If you want DirecTV to pick up 51, you better get on the horn with them (DirecTV) and give 'em hell. Apparently that's what got Dish to come around.

I called Channel 51 myself to double-check on this and talked to the guy who was doing the paperwork. He said the lawyers have just finished signing everything and they are now under contract with Dish Network. He said he had been referring irate customers to the satellite providers to pick them up and lo and behold...

This guy couldn't confirm when the channel would be added (and Dish wouldn't even confirm if it was being added) but he expected w/in the next couple of weeks since they have a contract now. Man, I hope so -- I hate not being able to record/pause/replay like I can do with everything else on my satellite system.

Also, r-fan is right... you need a second dish, but it's free and they'll install it free too. I'm getting mine installed Thursday!!

Thanks for the "heads up" r-fan!!

#26 ChrisP, Jan 7, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2003
  7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My reception has been great tonight. Great game, great reception. Im Happy.:cool:

8. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

That is too sick and disturbing to be funny.

9. JamesC

JamesC Member

I get channel 51 just fine on my tv. I like 51 because if I miss some of the game I get to watch it again at midnight.

10. lynxsen

lynxsen Member

I have one dish 500 type (Dish Network) and have no problem getting local channels.

Or 2nd dish needed for channel 51 only?:confused: