1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Rockets trade Lowry, stay focused on Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Raven

Raven Member

So we essentially lost Dragic because he wanted a contract that would have damaged his value as an "asset", not as a player, but as an "asset"?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Talk about overrating a player. Based on age alone Curry and Wall are better than Lowry. Rondo? Now I know you're not serious.

Hope to see the raps in the playoffs. You're not even a Rockets fan.

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Fixed...

4. REEKO_HTOWN

Sounds smart. Goran is not nor will ever be a star. Role players don't win rings nor get butts in seats

5. \/|()L/\T()R

\/|()L/\T()R Member

No Limit Rockets Hold'em...

Go for broke on Howard, if that doesn't happen

do NOT trade that lottery pick for anyone else...

6. Margrave

Margrave Member

Exactly, he wanted some modicum of control, and Morey blinked. Basically the Rockets are cheap.

They are a cheap low balling franchise - and there is no getting around it.

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Les may be cheap... but morey is not... he is smart... he understands the value of flexibility moving forward in this 'business'...

Hey them nets sure arwnt cheap they been throwing money around to players... still doesnt mean they are serious contenders...

Theres a difference between cheap and smart... les is cheap morey is smart...

8. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Morey shouldn't be in sports, he's a typical manager and suited for business where there's really assets and numbers.

9. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

1. I love the trade. Time to play the young guys and build for the future.

2. Leave Howard where he is. He doesn't help us in any way. We don't have the right players to surround him for one and honestly, he's not that good. 7 years of working with Pat Ewing (One of the best centers of all time) and a summer of working with The Dream, and he still has no post moves? Really? He plays great D but that's about it. He averages 20 something a game but its not consistent. He might get you 40 and he might get you 8. Let him stay where he is.

10. Margrave

Margrave Member

Why is it that we hear consistently about how good flexibility is but for some reason all those franchises that dont have it continually make deals?

Could it possibly be that maybe flexibility is hot air?

And if Morey is so smart why did he sign Ariza for the full MLE, or trade for TWill - etc etc.

He may be book smart but so far his batting average is meh.

1 person likes this.
  11. liveguy

liveguy Member

Bah.....Webb stayed because of the TEAM they had around him.

If we trade all of our team for Howard....what's his incentive to stay playing with the 4 Dwarfs and himself?

12. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

Probably the most frustrating thing. We hear about how flexible we are every year but the other teams who are less flexible are constantly making bigger moves. I feel like we've been sold on something that never existed

1 person likes this.
  13. eman

eman Contributing Member

Play the youngsters and see where we're at a year from now.

1 person likes this.
  14. Asian Sensation

WRONG.

Webber stayed because of the team that was built around him after he arrived. It's not like he arrived to a playoff contending team.

The only 2 good players the Kings had prior to Webber arriving were Jason Williams and Divac. When Webber came on board he changed the course of that franchise and the arrival of Peja was huge for them. After that they made moves to better the team like trading for Mike Bibby and Doug Christie and signing Bobby Jackson.

This is further proof of the impact a Superstar player like C-Webb or Dwight Howard can have on a franchise.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

Look how easy it worked for NJ.

16. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

Good ole Morey, just wants to sign you to eventually trade you for something he considers "BIG".

I was a huge Morey supporter, but it's tough to support his moves. I loved Lowry, I hope the 1st turns into a nice 4-6 pick range for 2013.

17. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

You guys don't give Morey enough credit.

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I don't want Dwight either now. The NBA in nixing our trade sent a message to us and everyone else, that you can either rebuild from the ground up, or say languishing in mediocrity for all eternity.

This magical Trade and Acquire multiple all stars does not happen unless you are LA, Boston, or now Miami. If we trade the Toronto pick, then we are basically also trading our own pick too. Tanking is about getting high draft picks, and we won't do that if Dwight is on our roster. Tear it down, tear it down for good!

1 person likes this.
  19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

No one has tested a max free agent under the new CBA. Before last year, a player always had the leverage to say " S&T me here using my bird rights or lose me for nothing." The extra money isn't available through S&T, and I'm not sure if anybody is going to be willing to walk away from it. It's unprecedented, and it's worth a try even if he doesn't want to be here.

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Good point.

Rep'd.