1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GREAT Rockets tickets for sale for Jan

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by heech, Jan 2, 2003.

1. heech

heech Contributing Member

I'm coming to Texas in January for 3 great games:

1/17. Lakers @ Houston (how's Shaq going to react to the starting center for the Western Conference All-Star Team?)

1/20. Houston @ San Antonio (reasonable drive from Houston, Yao vs. Duncan, round 2.)

1/21. Houston @ Dallas (Cuban + Bradley, lookin' for another shot at Yao).

And I have one ticket for sale for all of these games. The ticket for the Lakers @ Houston game is going to be especially good, only 3 rows behind the Rockets bench! (Section 120, row C).

I might be wrong, since I haven't been to the Compaq Center before... but on TV at least, it looks like this is the row/section that Yao's parents sit in. All 3 tickets are available on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1949448906

(You can click on 'view seller's other items' for the other two tickets.)

2. BALLhog 247 365

whats your reserve for the lakers game?

3. heech

No reserve, I gotta get rid of the ticket one way or another!

4. Yao1134

Yao1134 Member

where are your seats?

5. heech

Uh, I actually mention this in the original post. :)

For the Shaq game, the seat is in section 120, row C.

That is, the section *right* behind the Rockets bench, and unless there are double-lettered rows in front (the seating chart I found online didn't show any), that means you'd be sitting 3 rows behind Yao Ming. And, I believe, in the same row as Yao's parents. (Should only be about 6-7 seats away from them.)

6. heech

Oh and for the Dallas/San Antonio games, the tickets are all lower-bowl, but not as good as the Shaq game. They're mostly about 15-25 rows off the court, but still behind the Rockets bench (courtside, *NOT* behind the basket).

7. BALLhog 247 365

Can you take money orders? I'm kinda maxed out on my paypal... hehe

8. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Sure this is unrelated, but....

I'm sooooo angry right now!!!

I can't make it to Atl on Friday night.

AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was relying on a cousin to get me a ticket; obviously it ain't hard to get one in Philips.

Problem was transportation. I live 3 hours from Atl (driving), but that's not really feasible.

Anyone have a better idea? I was thinking of going to Birmingham and then flying Southwest, but that's a waste of money if they lose!!!

Anyway, the same cousin had 4 All-Star tickets, all at $150 each, BUT he sold all 4 for $5,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He then wanted to know what the "big deal" was about this game.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. heech

If that's a real problem... yea, I can do money orders. I'll do my best to accomodate. I'm thinking personal checks are out of the question... but that should be all.

10. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

Sure the game is a "big deal", but that's a $4400 profit!!!!!! I would sell those tickets.