1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

where and when did u here of clutch bbs.net

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Yao1134, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Yao1134

Yao1134 Member

i heard of this god blessed site in 97 i believe. i got on in 98 posted about 300 threads from then till 99. my computer was broke in a move and got a new one this year and got back to work on this site but under a new name. i obviously forgot my old one. thanks clutch crew for the wonderful site! go rox!

2. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

What was the name of this site in 97?

Was it Stevie Francis?

#2 Behad, Jan 7, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2003
  3. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

I don't mean to cause offence, but you sure don't post like a guy who has been here since '98.

Personally, this handle is the second time I registered on the site, but I don't remember if my previous registration was on this system, or the one before that.

My last name was a misguided one, anyway (Rod_R, or something like that :D ).

Doesn't Clutch have a kind of site history section, with links to the old looks of the page? I know he has copies of his April fool jokes (including the San Antonio switch!).

It would be great to take a walk down memory lane, and see those old pages from the .com (and previous) days...

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't mean to offend anyone either, but he posts more like he wasn't even born in 1998. Quantity does not replace a minimum level of quality. It is rude to flood and it is rude to not even check spelling or logic at all before posting.

5. Yao1134

Yao1134 Member

no offense takin its not like i cant spell i just type real fast and i slip up. ill start checking it. um can i ask a question? why do you doubt that ive been to this site since 98? do i come off as immature to some people here. do i post to much? am i just a big annoying kid? well either way i want to continue to post here on this web site. im not gonna post as many threads as i used to and i havent been.

6. Yao1134

Yao1134 Member

yeah im not sure but i think on one april fools rudy t was supposvely fired but he wasnt. the bad part is that i fell for it!

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No.

See my post above.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

8. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

A bit off-topic I know...

SJC,

Did you check out that link I posted for the game videos?

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Oh no, I missed that...damn...do you have the link again? Thanks so much!

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Sounds like a good call to me!

11. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Cool! Many thanks, I'll give it a try! :)

13. Yao1134

Yao1134 Member

Ok well i think you should concentrate on bigger problems on here. Have you even looked at some of the posts lately. Like boycotting the rockets or some kid put francis was gonna get 50 points tonight and yao was gonan get 1 or something. well im sorry you do not like my posting. You are one of those people that ruin peoples fun at these things. I really dont care if you dont like what i have to say. Then dont read it. I do not bring any problems here. I enjoy my team to the complete extent. And i will coment on most threads and occasionally start my own. Thankyou for insulting me. -josh 19m houston texas

GO ROCKETS
    2002-03 playoffs!

14. Behad

Ok, here's a perfect example of what you are doing wrong, 1134:

Here is a thread that was 2 months old, only had a single response in it, and you brought it back up just to say...and I quote...

"oh i know he is"

Classic post padding.

15. Behad

Um, Castor, if that was you who deleted his post from that thread, you ruined the point I was making here.

16. JamesC

JamesC Member

I saw this website from a link on Nbadraft.net. I started lurking ths site back in 2000 or 2001, I'm not exactly sure when.

17. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I either saw this site while I was searching on Google.com or another basketball site back in 00' or 01' .. i didn't what all the posts were and wasn't so sure of how to operate this bad boy but anywho... i didn't remember my password and login name so i registered again in 02? well im glad i registered again and the BBS has been keeping me up to date with the Rockets better than their own site.

Thanks for the BBS!!!!! :)

18. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

I read about it in ESPN the Magazine. There was an article about best websites and games or something. Something small, but I'm sure glad I read it!!!

19. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

It was in the late 90's but I can't remember how I cam upon this site. I'm old.

20. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Behad,

SJC is now with us.