1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin agrees to terms on offer sheet [Update: Lin officially signs]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dachuda86, Jul 5, 2012.

?

Do you want Lin's contract matched

1. Yes

230 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. No

505 vote(s)
    68.7%
  1. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

^^ What is Jeremy Lin holding?

2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yeah I said he would get credit for either Lin or Dragic resigning. From me at least. In fact thats part of some thread discussion

Something like "get Lin back or resign Dragic"

People on Moreys side get their first cookie and winning discussion of the offseason. Made it real simple and easy. Even favors them. Morey comes through on a guy at last. Thats 1 win for Morey followers finally.

3. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

I think Morey is just in full revenge mode at this point after the NBA (stern) screwed him over last offseason. He is just toying with the NBA now and using all of their rules against them. He is just being a spoiled brat and is pissing off everyone from, the teams, players, and to the fans. Well played Morey.

4. HorneR

HorneR Member

Soo what was the point of all this again...?

Were we looking to do the Knicks a favor, or what?

5. Pete the Cheat

So by matching...in year 3 NYK will have $65MM tied up in 4 injury prone players...I kinda hope they match

6. PooleBoi7

PooleBoi7 Member

I swear, all you people do is complain...

7. Pete the Cheat

For the record part of the new CBA lowers the mid-level exception to $3MM for tax paying teams. If they go over that amount they become subject to a hard cap. Good luck New York!

8. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

He's holding Michael Chang's trophy, the little b*****d. :mad:

:p

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Rockets organization, gotta love em... they are the david(small market teams) vs goliath(big market teams)...

Morey is trollin teams... first the bulls(altho well keep asik[which i like]) and know the knicks(forcong them into sever lux tax... morey is being the advocate of the new cba and better equality... he is forcing big market teams to either pay lux taces or field a very incomplete team...

Get 'Er Done Darell..

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Since when is Houston a small market team?

11. BigMaloe

If so (and i believe he is trolling other big market teams) than i like it... force the issue... walk the line... display attitude...

12. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I am fine with Lowry starting as our PG. Clearly the better player comparing to Goran and Jeremy at this stage.

I just have a thought that our guys didn't really (or should i say desperately) need Jeremy Lin in the first place. They might just want to give Knicks front office a hard time. :)

13. MikeyM25

MikeyM25 New Member

Lin's offcourt value may be worth the luxury tax penalties they'll receive. He is extremely marketable and can potentially generate a tremendous amount of money for the organization in this way.

14. BigMaloe

In basketball terms we are definatly a small market team...

In general terms we are the tenth biggest market... tenth!

4th in size and population but tenth in market...

15. smw6230

smw6230 Member

Not really. The reality is NY is operating on a 2/3 year window. Take a look at their team contracts.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york.htm

Iman Shumpert is the only player on their roster who will not an expiring in 2013. That now includes Jeremy Lin.

So basically NY has a 2 year window, 3 if they want to give it a final push, then they're in expiring contract heaven with Stoudmire 23 million, Anthony 23 million, Chandler 15 million, and now Lin 9 million all coming off their books at the same time.

NY makes enough money to pay a luxury tax, much less if its only for a year.

Personally, I can't believe that the rockets structured teh deal the way they did. They really could have screwed with NY, and possibly themselves, by going balls to the wall on a 4 year 40 million dollar tender. That's what the Knicks were dreading. Three years 29 million with a club option for the 4th year is a no brainer for NY as the money is right and it plays into the strategic hands for max cap room in 3 years.

16. candyman285

candyman285 Member

So we are paying 8mil a yr for a point guard who had 10-15 good games. NBA is a game of evolution, other teams know that being physical with Lin will stop him in his tracks. Oh well at least he'll be a good backup that brings some energy off the bench

17. pli777

pli777 Member

darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell
    194 days after the Rockets waive Jeremy Lin, on a contract worth $613,474, they offer him a 4-year, $28.8M deal.

Retweeted by Howard Beck

=/

18. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

Lin haters (90% are Yao haters as well) are out in full force now. Bring it on. :cool:

19. NickKent

NickKent Member

Knicks gonna match.

20. pli777

pli777 Member

I love Yao and liked Lin.

But (speaking for myself) DM's moves are just pathetic.