1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raptors acquire Kyle Lowry for first round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThaShark316_28, Jul 5, 2012.

1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

He said Dallas and Atlanta. Some of you just overlook that though. We are still not on his radar and least liley to sign him up to his next contract even if the Nets are out of it.

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

He didnt include us because once again deron wasnt considering us... he wants to be with deron, now that he cant hell take the most money... bank on it...

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

White
    Jones
    Parsons/Morris
    Leuer
    Motijunas/Brockman

4. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I think--and I have not confirmed this--that the Rockets could end up with a full $5.75M TPE from the Lowry trade if they do the following things in the following order (assuming that Goran signs his deal with Phoenix first):

(1) Create cap space by renouncing rights to Camby and waiving Livingston ($1.5M partially guaranteed), Fortson and Simpson. [FYI, I'm not saying that Livingston gets waived for sure, just that the numbers work out pretty closely if he does.]

(2) Sign Asik to his offer sheet.

(3) Trade nominal consideration (draft rights to Axel Hervelle?) to Toronto for Gary Forbes, absorbing him into the Rockets' last remaining $1.5M in cap room.

(4) Trade Lowry to Toronto into its cap space and generate a $5.75M TPE.

In this scenario, the Rockets would also retain their Bird rights to Courtney Lee.

Again, I'm not 100% sure this works, but I think it does.

2 people like this.
  5. nickg

nickg Member

Like I said, I should have said better team. I would have edited the post had I been able too. We definitely will have a few young players left, though I doubt the most promising ones. What we will have is scola, and his glorious head of hair. His sweaty locks are worth more to me than Dwight will ever be. I know where he gets his hair cut, I keep the clippings. I have now created my own personal, authentic scola wig. It smells like him and I wear it to sleep.

6. BigMaloe

Interesting... thx bima...

7. BigMaloe

Cool starry brah...

8. BigMaloe

He has said dallas because of deron... why would he go there next year? Theyre going no where fast...

I have seen no reports of him saying he would sign in atl... you got a link?... as far as ive heard he isnt too fond of his hometown team...

9. nickg

nickg Member

so he's staying in Orlando now??

10. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

So once again, did we get one or two first rounders from Toronto?

11. Eddy F.

Eddy F. Member

12. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Morey must have been high off Kush and Bath Salts when he made this trade.

13. basketball

basketball Contributing Member

Fron National Post. com "As explained by the Houston Chronicle — this could not be confirmed, although it is believed to be close to accurate — the pick will go to the Rockets next year if it falls between fourth and 14th next year, third and 14th in the two years after that and second and 14th in the two years after that. In six years, no matter if the Raptors are picking first overall or are out of the lottery, the Rockets will get the pick if they have not received one by then"

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/07/05/raptors-bounce-back-with-deal-for-rockets-kyle-lowry/

14. connoisseur

connoisseur Member

So clown Morey is down and out......again?!

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We should have done better on Lowry. I don't like losing Lee and Dragic for nothing either. I'm praying that Morey doesn't piss away our rebuild before we have a chance to see what we have in our young talent. I could get excited about Linsanity, White, and Lamb.

16. Raven

Raven Member

I'm not reading through 40+ pages, but perhaps this is about being about to absorb Turkeyglue's contract?

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Its yet to be seen if we lost Lee and Dragic for nothing. Meaning the roughly 12M - 16M we saved by not signing them may yet bring unforeseeable rewards.

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Dear lord can we please stop going after Howard!!

We have multiple 1st rounders that could end up being top 5-10. Just start to rebuild! Please

19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing they aren't getting worse...

Seems pretty thin on the take. Hopefully Lowry's mouth keeps their team down like it did here.

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Think of it this way, if we get Howard and he doesnt want to stay, how many 1st rounds picks could we then trade him for?