1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dragic GONE!!! Goran signs 4-year, $30M deal with Phoenix

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rafi, Jul 4, 2012.

1. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

so now the suns got both aaron brooks and dragic uh.... what a trade that was.

2. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

3. Third eye

Third eye Member

We got a first round pick out of it
    and ya it was a great trade....look he makes more if he takes Hou. Offer
    bc of state income taxes, housing market, etc.-he loves PHX obv. ....
    And I still don't understand why we still cant match if Lin gets matched?-
    Someone please explain....I know Lee was renounced when was Gogi?

4. xktf

xktf Member

I knew Morey wasnt a good gm

5. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

With Lowry going to Toronto, loosing Dragic is turning even more stupid.
    Where are they people how said:
    1) wa have Lowry
    2) we did'nt offer Dragic be a starter

Terrible and confuising offseason

6. Mr.Rocket85

Mr.Rocket85 Member

Its a lot of pissyness going on...WE ARE TRYING TO TANK! #MESSAGE

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Thanks @<a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets">HoustonRockets</a> for being a great organization!I appreciate all you have done!Playing for @<a href="https://twitter.com/PhoenixSuns">PhoenixSuns</a> is the best step for my career</p>&mdash; Goran Dragic (@Goran_Dragic) <a href="https://twitter.com/Goran_Dragic/status/220949321523277824" data-datetime="2012-07-05T18:36:37+00:00">July 5, 2012</a></blockquote> <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

Lowry started chucking hail mary 3's 4 seconds into the clock and running into the thick of the defense, flop, then complain. Everyone seemed to love Gogi, especially Lee and Parsons. Kelvin Sampson said Gogi was his favorite player. I feel like Gogi was really conducive to the chemistry the Rockets had.

9. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Going after Dwight, Eric Gordon, and Dragic is NOT sign of tanking

Morey struck out

10. Margrave

Margrave Member

It is what he does best.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Absolutely. POSSIBLE they still end up with Dwight. But make no mistake...they didn't enter this offseason thinking they were going to tank. Hell, McHale said he was surprised and disappointed they didn't move at least one if not all three of the draft picks.

This offseason has HAPPENED to them...they didn't make this happen.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Of course they didn't think this was the way it was going to go down, but it was something they planned on happening or else they'd be scampering making treadmill type moves signing O.J. Mayo and the like. Seriously, I thought you'd be happy about this turn of events.

13. valorita

valorita Member

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Agree. I think that the draft sort of got away from Morey in a way that was just unlucky for him. When MKG went no. 2, that screwed up getting the no. 5 pick from SAC which was why he traded for that 12th pick. Now, with D Williams going back to Brooklyn, Nash to LAL and Dragic to PHX, it would appear that the FA period has gone the same way. All I can say is WOW. I haven't seen stuff like this happen to the Rockets since the 70s & 80s.

15. Margrave

Margrave Member

What happened to that superior intelligence where they know what other teams are going to do, so they can properly plan?

Was this another failure on our front offices part?

16. nickg

nickg Member

Didn't really go after dragic. Was unwilling to give him the player option in the 4th year, which is what made the deal for Phoenix. May not have gone into the offseqson intent on tanking, but they are now. Dwight is not coming lol, that's ridiculous.

17. onreego

onreego Member

I think the Suns were probably the only team I was worried about in the Dragic sweepstakes.

18. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

So Morey signed a backup C in Asik to a horrible contract is a sign of tanking to you

Come on man, Morey struck out

19. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

You say that as if the Rockets have some sort of intelligence network that relays inside information from other teams to them.

You can try, but you can't always predict what other teams or free agents will do. Nobody really saw the Nash trade coming, or the Kidd signing. That's the nature of the offseason.

20. SacTown

SacTown Member

Well Dragic is right with his tweet. Getting away from moneyball is probably best for one's career.