1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets offer $30 million to J Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Contingent, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

I would love the Rockets to sign Lin. It's not like the Rockets are going anywhere. And all the belly aching about the contracts. Not your money!
    ROI is very important and I think Lin will be worth more to the Rockets because of close ties To Asia (Yao) then to other teams.

And for those who thinks he is not a leader, well that's your opinion.

Also, I think he will be a star. He already is! How many Rocket players were on cover of SI not once but twice in a role? How many has books out on their lives already?

For those who think he was a flash in the pan, remember, he was the sole reason we got the 16th pick from NY instead of a lottery pick. Knicks were headed straight down and out of desperation they played Lin.

All I can say is that if Lin was on the team I would watch them.

Fact that he is very humble and is a Christian just makes that even better.

And I think they will be in the playoffs next year but will be one and done.

Really, does anyone here think Rockets are going to beat OKC or Heat? Even if they get Howard? Thought so

2. Nook

Nook Member

As someone that worked for the Rockets, and still has family working for the Rockets... Your depiction of how Morey and Alexander communicate is far from accurate. I don't agree with Les' insistence on not rebuilding, but he and the GM get along very well. I am sure Les wants Lin because of the attention he gets, but I assure you that he isn't chewing out Morey.

3. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

who else can you get?

dragic wants a contract starting at 10 mil. what does it mean? how much does he demand in 2nd year, 3rd, 4th... normally, it will increase every year. i don't know what the price of the last year of his contract.

lowry was and is b****ing about the head coach. do you think morey will fire mechale to entertain lowry.

lin is a RFA. knicks can match if the offer is not a contract of poison type.

all in all, we should blame dragic. rox likes him very much but his asking price is outrageous. due to him, morey was forced to make moves, such as pull back the qualify offer to lee and pursue a RFA.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Isn't this what everyone wants? For 3 years I have heard we need to rebuild.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol you're right though.

Pretty sure 90% of this board was complaining and whining about how we let Lin go.

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Let me ask you guys something that want to sign Lin to an offer sheet:

We are obligated to Asik for an offer sheet. Where are we going to get the cap space to offer Lin $30 mil? Who are we gonna dump?

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Courtney Lee.

8. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

we have morey. he has MBA degree, doesn't he?

9. Nook

Nook Member

The way things are going my guess is Scola and/or Martin is dealt or one of them is an amnesty candidate.

Seems to me Morey is going very young, from Asik to Lin.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

We already dumped him to have the space to sign Asik to an offer sheet. Now, what are we going to do?

See my point?

Nothing is going to happen with Lin right now. It's on the backburner. We can want him all we want. But unless Asik and the Rox agree not to sign an offer sheet, then nothing is imminent with Lin.

And besides that, the Knicks are going to match. Luxury tax? So what. They don't care about no luxury tax. They're gonna match. The only thing that can possibly happen to get Lin here is somehow we send the Knicks an asset somehow and they they don't re-sign Lin. And if that happens the Commish is gonna be breathing down both teams' necks.

It simply can't happen without us clearing out a bunch of contracts or clearing out Lowry and somebody like Patterson and Morris in a trade for a future draft pick. And that type of trade is not going to happen until we move past Dwight.

#290 jopatmc, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  11. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

we haven't. he became a UFA, but his cap hold is with us until we renounce or he signs with other team.

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

If Lin comes to the Rockets, he only has to worry about Mario Chalmers shutting him down twice a year.

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>RedNation please help me welcome @<a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7">JLin7</a>back 2Houston today! Fitting on July4 as America is land of 2nd chances- <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523lin2houston">#lin2houston</a> in your reply</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/220634722613735424" data-datetime="2012-07-04T21:46:31+00:00">July 4, 2012</a></blockquote> <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

@dmorey: RedNation please help me welcome @JLin7 back 2Houston today! Fitting on July4 as America is land of 2nd chances- #lin2houston in your reply

15. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Morey realizes he has no pull with free agents and feels like he needs to ask fans to beg free agents to sign...smh

16. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Lin getting this type of offer makes me realize why Dragic's price is high.

He is better and should be paid more.

17. Homie3

Homie3 Member

If the Rockets are going after increased revenue with this move, they will absolutely get it. I will personally contribute by buying a Lin jersey and attending more games. There's nothing wrong with making more money for your team if the fans actually feel like it's worthwhile.

Let's be real. The Rocket's aren't going to be contenders for a while. And we wouldn't be able to touch OKC or Miami even if we leased Dwight Howard. No number of amazing moves by Morey will catapult us to the top this offseason. So in the meantime, while we're rebuilding, why not add a player on the team that the fans can rally around? I know my team is not gonna win a championship anytime soon, but I would still love to have a reason to keep getting excited.

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

We'll see how much they truly don't care about lux tax when they're up in the 120 mil range in 2014 for just 4 players should they match our offer.

19. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

If the Knicks get Nash, they won't match.

20. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

is that confirmed?