1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch on Sports Talk 790

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by clutch citizen, Jul 4, 2012.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

@clutchfans I'll be a guest on @SportsTalk790 to talk Rockets at 11:45am.

Happy Independence Day!

2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

http://www.sports790.com/main.html

Top left to listen live on their page. You can also click listen live box to the right of Headline box. I'm on my iPad, so I keep getting directed to iheartradio app. Should work for others.

3. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

LOL, s ome dude is saying Aaron brooks is better than drew brees. Think he means rodgers

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

maybe he's talking basketball-wise.

5. kidcave9

Maybe maybe he got lost in his rant.

6. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

He just said Brooks was a better athlete but Brees has better intangibles..he never said Brooks was better come on man

1 person likes this.
  7. kidcave9

Whoops my mistake, thanks. Clutch coming on after these commercials.

8. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

There was an Aaron Brooks who was a qb for the Saints bf Brees got there. Brooks was projected to be the next Kordel Stewart which turned out true since they were both very mediocre.

1 person likes this.
  9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Good listen, fantastic job clutch.

10. jae713

jae713 Member

recap please. I missed it.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks mikol13 -- appreciate that.

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Darn it, missed it. Recap anyone?

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

(On Nash-to-NY and how that effects Lin/Rockets): If that does happen, it wouldn't be wise for NY to match that contract. Rockets do have Lin in today. It's expected they'll make an offer today. Rockets will try to make it as painful as possible to match.

(On Lowry/Lin): Funny you bring that up. It was always that 'We got Lowry'. Then it became that Goran was their guy. Losing out on Goran, which is what it's looking like, they'll still pursue another PG, who would be here to start. That's an indication that Lowry is their last ditch effort. Definitely looking to move him.

(On Dwight Howard): Still the reason why nothing has happened for the Rockets. Roster completely designed/constructed to make a trade right now. We've talked about the PF position--7 guys and not enough playing time. They also still have Lowry and Martin, who you'd expect to be traded. Painful news yesterday with Eric Gordon signing with Phoenix. But everything they have done so far is that they're stashing Lowry and Martin for something bigger.

(On Daryl Morey): Shrewd, smart GM. Lucky to have him here. I would look at it as, he is amazing he can get 100 or 1,000 dollars from you at no cost. Problem is, so many teams are swapping 10,000 for 15,000 dollars. Daryl hasn't proven he can get that superstar player but you'd think as a fan, you'd think they'd start rebuilding. Their process [rebuilding without losing] hasn't gone as they have hoped.

(If Dwight and Asik can co-exist?): Yeah. I thought it would be difficult for Chicago to pay for both their centers but if you were to land Dwight, it'd be the same here. Asik's contract is tradeable down the line. If you can get Dwight, if he extends here, you could get good value in return for Asik.

(On Courtney Lee): In order to make an offer to Asik, which happens on the 11th, they would have had to do something. They had to let his cap hold go. They did that now because they haven't been able to make that trade to free up space. Courtney could have accepted at any time and they wouldn't have had money for the Asik signing. Lee now a FA and can sign anywhere. They still can bring him back but depends on how things unfold.

(If anyone is untouchable): For the right player, no one is untouchable. I do think we're starting to see the team go younger. To me, I dont think anyone is untouchable for the right piece. If the right guy comes about, anyone on this roster is available.

(Anything that could come up that we're not thinking of?): Certainly possible. A Dwight trade is the domino to fall. Rockets know how lopsided their roster is. Once Howard is moved, you'll see a lot of movement in general. Mentioned possible Evan Turner or Derrick Williams.

(Who is the one guy he would go after right now): That's a good question. I would start with Dwight. Get Dwight at just about any cost. Many of these players won't walk away from the money. Go for him and if not, I would rebuild this team. Move Martin and Scola and pursue young players and draft picks.

3 people like this.
  14. cardpire

cardpire Member

it wouldn't be wise for NY to match what contract? a rockets offer to lin?

why wouldn't that be wise?

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

They're about to get Nash. They could still match though. Is it worth it? We'll see.

16. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Thanks J.R. - Good job Clutch

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

Knicks will have no guards after a Nash trade. Even more necessary to retain Lin, remember he's a combo guard. He can start at SG for them.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Because they'd have nash?

19. cardpire

cardpire Member

oh, you're saying matching lin if they already have nash in the fold.

no, obviously wouldn't be wise, but signing nash isn't wise in the first place. that team is going nowhere fast, and nash isn't going to help them much, if any. and they'd be losing the fan favorite in lin.

i'll feel bad for nash if he finishes his career on that team.

20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

By the way I completely agree with your line of thinking. All in for Dwight, if not, trade all your big contracts and rebuild through the draft. It's time to choose 1 direction. That said I could see the Rockets try one more time next year clearing space and making a run at Dwight and CP3.