1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Dragic Far Apart, Return Unlikely?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. funkyfresh

funkyfresh Member

Dragic is looking to own Dynex and needs that extra $2 million a year..

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

THx, would have dug up the info myself, but didn't really want to siphon through the threads.

3. Homey the Clown

Wow. Just when you think that things couldn't get any worse.

4. eman

eman Contributing Member

Ok, sorry, I'm confused. Is he currently an UFA or a RFA?

5. vernonmaxwell86

hes an UFA

he can sign wherever he wants

6. eman

eman Contributing Member

Thanks. I surely hope he will sign a long-term deal with us.

7. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Goran should end this crap right now. If it wasnt for us, he would not be asking for 10 million right now

It turns out that these claims of him wanting 10 million are true according to David Alridge and Wojo

How can Dragic as a man look at Lowry( who is on his level or if not better than he is), and ask for double or to be paid like Rajon Rondo

Its not fair to us as fans, or to the Rockets.

8. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

Sorry to burst your bubble buddy but he is and most rocket fans who are unbiased agree..and he doesn't b**** line Lowry and he has more upside than Lowry..better teammate...the list goes on Obama Fan....

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Things just keep getting worse and worse. Not only did they lose out on Howard, they kept all 3 of their picks (we thought they would do at least something with those picks) and now are losing Gogi.

10. LANIMIRC

LANIMIRC Member

sign oj mayo and run him at the point

11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

With the Suns drafting Kendall Marshall and having Sebastian Telfair *and* tendering an offer to Aaron Brooks, how likely would they be to spend $10 million a year on Dragic when they are after other free agents? Would the Raptors be a bigger threat if the Nash offer falls through?

12. alethios

alethios Member

13. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

A healthy Lowry averaged 19 ppg, 8.4 rpg( our team leader in rebounds), 8.8 assists with 2.2 steals for a about a 5 weeks strecth.. leading all PG's in PER ( all-star production).. and nobody ever questions Lowry heart, and toughness. The fact of the matter is that Dragic is not a better player than Lowry( when Lowry is healthy), so he shouldnt make twice as much

People are forgetting that Dragic was in a CONTRACT YEAR, and these kind of efforts from players who want to be paid is not uncommon. Im not claiming that Gogi is trying to cash in on 2 months of production, but the fact remains, we have seen instances where players have played above their heads( and the league figuring them out in a couple of games).

14. vernonmaxwell86

watch him go to dallas after deron returns to brooklyn and kidd follows him.. lol..

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KLZDStiY08w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

So which is more ridiculous...that or paying Asik 24 million over 3 years??!!..correct me if I'm wrong but asik. just got paid from the rockets and he is not close to the impact player gogi is...if asik is making that coin, I think its fair for gogi to go for 8 million too....

17. eman

eman Contributing Member

It'd be ironic if he signs with Phoenix, and Nash returns, and he winds up backing up Nash for the next four years. Maybe money matters to him most, and I'm fine with that. I'd like to see him earn his fat paycheck here, but will wish him well if he can make more elsewhere. We fans are fickle. Welcome back, Kyle, and how 'bout that Machado kid!

18. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

LOL That list you came up with doesn't have a single "unbiased" opinion. And yeah, he's still not better than Lowry. If he is, it's not by much.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

The only issue I have with Dragic is his consistency. At his very best Dragic is an elite pg, but he also fades away from time to time, which is why the Suns traded him for Brooks after he blew up in the playoffs. Last season he started out as a backup level pg, then blew up after Klow got injured. However when Lowry came back he became backup quality again, gotta wonder why that happens.

I know most of the board thinks Dragic is better than Lowry, but the truth is both players are similar. Dragic will give you anywhere from 7-9, while Lowry will give you 8-8.5.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm pretty sure Morey gave them a very fair 8M a year contract, he already said he'd work out a deal ASAP so IMHO DM didn't try any lowball tactics. The issue here is they want 10M a year. Is Dragic 150% better than Lowry to deserve 150% of the money? Doubt it.