1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to move on from Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Jul 2, 2012.

?

Say no to Howard?

1. Yes. Enough is enough

67.6%
  2. No. I love being direspected

32.4%
  1. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

yea Morey is reading Dwight like a book, if he was so sure he would leave that money on the table, he would NOT have opted in

Dwight is trapped and has nowhere to go

2. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

I wonder if Dwight's handlers aren't advising him to make teams think he is an unpredictable headcase to scare them off from trading for him. There's obvious motive for this, but you would think that the downside of running his brand into the ground would give them pause and reason to show some grace throughout this drama. Dude is such an enigma right now.

3. teebone21

teebone21 Member

so 14 pick or 23rd pick?

4. Pete the Cheat

I believe this revelation calls for another thread. However, I am afraid your functional brain disqualifies you from performing this task

5. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Move on from Dwight...trade the vets..play the young guys...the Rockets aren't contending anytime soon

6. teebone21

teebone21 Member

people complained about 14th pick but wont complain if we suck for 5 straight years?

7. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I voted yes. Not in the sense that I think Rockets management should completely give up on a Dwight Howard trade, but in the sense that I'm sick of hearing about this douchebag and think it's time for Clutchfans to move on. If you're going to trade for him, get it done and tell me when it's official, don't care until then.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Seriously, it's been like 4 days since the draft. Where does all this impatience come from?? We still have 4 months until the season starts, and you're willing to give up NOW on getting a superstar in Houston?? In order to be a GM of any team, the things you MUST have are perseverance and intestinal fortitude. Business isn't easy, and Daryl Morey knows that. If Dwight Howard and his agent want to play a humongous game of chicken, at least I know Daryl is willing to play that game. The track we are on right now will get us absolutely nowhere. In order to be great, you have to take risks.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Did i miss something? I thought inmates weren't allowed on the computer.

10. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Great point

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

Aiming for Howard is not mutually exclusive with other plans. What are we missing out? We already gave an offer sheet to the 2nd best FA center in the NBA. We're already talking with Eric Gordon, Dragic, and will potentially offer something for Josh Smith or perhaps Gasol.

All these things can happen at the same time.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is for all you rejection junkies. Posted elsewhere.

Really? Are you serious?? This is the person you want on your team? Someone who has, on more than occasion, literally thrown our city under the bus?
    This "jackwagon" actually gets upset when people mention him being traded to Houston and you guys want him here.
    Talk about troubled youth.:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Man, imagine if they sign Asik, trade Martin and say Patterson and one of the Wolves players for Gordon, then trade Lowry and Scola for gasol.

Dragic/Gordon/Parsons/Gasol/Asik

14. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Yes. I don't care if he hates Houston.

15. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

They don't get it..they are obsessed with the way he plays not his attitude towards Houston smh...crazy I know

16. cogs

cogs Member

And the media is always exceptional about reporting facts right. You believe everything you hear? Form a complete opinion on that. Nothing gets taken out of context.:rolleyes:

17. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I'd rather sign Howard Stern ... Let the drama be someone else's headache.

1 person likes this.
  18. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Media or not...there are to many scenarios saying he doesn't want to play here.

19. rocketman73

rocketman73 Member

i feel it is enough now and that the team should just move on without even going after Dwight anymore. he already made it clear on where he wants to sign. as for us, we should just go ahead and sign Drajic and also Scola to new contracts. we should just also just trade Kyle Lowry to whatever team is interested in him.

20. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Lebron? :grin:

[​IMG]

sry..still trippin on the RW Dennis Rodman thread....