1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OSU vs Mich

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ubiquitin, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Yes it does. I hope A&M hires Franchione or some big name coach. The faster we (UT) gut our coaching staff, the faster we'll be winning against top 10 teams and not choking gimmes.

2. drapg

drapg Member

damn it. i was thinking the same thing. :(

3. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

And despite that, his biggest accomplishment is:

Ohio State-2 Michigan-0

4. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Miami or OU would destroy OSU. Hope they prove me wrong.

5. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Does this mean I can't use the give Mack some time excuse?

6. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Man if every college game was like this I would watch more. In fact I am trying to watch more college games to see if there is a decent quarterback in the draft that The Bears can get. ;)

I was rooting for OSU - always liked them since Terry Glenn was there. I like Miami also, but I will root for OSU to win it all.

7. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Cat-
    It's time to back up that big trap of yours. Give me 16 points and name your dollar amount.

Seriously either put up or shut up.

8. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

A SOB who has won national champiuonships at YSU.

For anyone who has never listened to Tressel he is the calmest person around. He will never boast, never beg and never criticize his players. he is a class act personified.

Guess it sucks to be Michigan. The Cooper era is over and the Tressel era has begun.

9. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

How many points does destroy get me? Let me know.

#29 4chuckie, Nov 24, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2002
  10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

So they've already clinched it, huh? That sucks. They're already going to the championship game, while a top team like OU has to play an extra game against Colorado. That's simply unfair. What if Oklahoma was undefeated?

Anyone else think the Big 12 Championship game should just be abandoned? It seem like it has a better chance of hurting Big 12 teams than helping them.

Just out of curiosity, how many conferences have title games?

11. mduke

mduke Member

Anyone else think the Big 12 Championship game should just be abandoned? It seem like it has a better chance of hurting Big 12 teams than helping them.
    It actually has a chance of helping OU if they win........

Just out of curiosity, how many conferences have title games?
    2. The Big 12 and SEC.

12. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

True, but then you can look at it from the other angle. A team who doesn't get the chance to improve their ranking by playing in a conference title game can also be at a disadvantage.

To me, the conference title games just needlessly screw things up worse than they already are.

13. mduke

mduke Member

To me, the conference title games just needlessly screw things up worse than they already are.
    Yeah....either all the BCS conferences should have them, or all shouldn't have them....The Pac 10, Big 10, ACC have an unfair advantage....

14. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

So it's an advantage that Iowa does not necaasrily have to be in the BCS games even though they go undefeated in conference? They will get an invite but in theory the Rose Bowl could take Notre Dame and then the final at large spot could goto to a 2 loss team who would be a bigger draw.

The playoffs are a way for the conference to make money, pure and simple.

It may be an advantage or a disadvantage to play int he game but to say it is alaways one or the other is wrong.

15. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Tempe here we come.

GO BUCKS!!

They might lose but "destroyed" ain't gonna happen. That "bad" Michigan team was still ranked #9 in the nation.

16. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Got my airplane tickets to Vegas for 3 days then on to Phoenix on game day!

Also Cat I still am waiting on our bet. You said it should be easy money so let me know how much you want to win.

17. Not Chaney

Not Chaney Member

80-0 or 80 to -7...

NYKRule you sound alot like Canes Canadian fat boy center Brett "the mouth"Romberg and ESPN Buckeye hater, Trev Alberts.

The Canes played a cupcake schedule -
    Florida A&M, Rutgers, Temple,Connecticut,Syracuse,
    Tennessee, Florida and FSU were all down this year.
    (all 3, lost their Bowl games)
    Miami had 3 BYE weeks to prepare, rest and stay healthy.
    Canes -13 point spread was a joke,a lock,and highly motivating.
    Clinton Portis' & Ray Lewis' national championship victory party fliers were insulting to the Buckeyes defense and the same for the Hurricanes players victory party fliers......they made it to the Ohio St. locker room and that was all she wrote.