1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cinema for the Ladies] Magic Mike

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

He has a good body but even then there are so many guys in movies and sports, etc that are famous that have way better bodies so it can't just be that...

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

dude was a model, dancer, doesn't take himself very seriously, has starred in a few love stories, and stays in shape.

And guys don't understand why women want him?

The real question is, will this movie make women want to come home and rape their men or cheat?

My guess is the latter.

3. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

He really grows on you. Seems like a cool dude too. The complete antithesis of one Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, who is a racist, didn't finish high school, assaulted a Vietnamese immigrant and left him eyeless, can't act and thinks he would have stopped the 9/11 attacks with his 5'7 movie power ass.

I would rather give my disposable income to Tatum and Soderbergh than Marky mark and MacFarlane.

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

So I'm looking online to use my fandango bucks to get my tickets for Ted, and I notice that that the next 6 Magic Mike showings at Marqee are sold out. Hmmm....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. HPD

HPD Member

Wifes going sat with her friends... Hell yeah daddy gettin sum around 1100 wen she gets home from wine dinner and the movie

6. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

b****es with bad taste in movies. Which means this movie will be a surefire hit.

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

If I had to choose between watching "Magic Mike" or listening to Justin Bieber, non-stop for a day or two, it would be extremely hard but I would have to go with Bieber. Being single and not being in a relationship definitely has its advantages.

8. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

I'll give Tatum a little credit for not denying his personal history as a stripper but rather embracing it and using it for his career. But that's about it.

And really...Steven Soderbergh? The guy who made The Limey, sex, lies, and videotape, and Traffic is doing this?

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

My feelings exactly.

10. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

I'm posting in this thread because I am at home and the female is out with her female friend watching this movie. That is all.

11. Classic

Classic Member

I avoided this film somehow tonight. Next weekend, perhaps not.

[am married, no homo]

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

1. Channing Tatum has damn good body for a movie star, most movie stars have that frail look. He's far from being one of my favorite actors, but I doubt the average guy (even for his age) has anything on him, except maybe acting skills.

2. I'm not intrigued to watch any of these movies coming out: Ted, Magic Mike, the Amazing Spider-Man, and that new Madea movie (yuck!!!...my parents went to go see it and LOVED IT ... my parents have ****ty taste in mediocre black films).

3. Sometimes, I think producers/PR companies/advertising companies feel that most of general public is dumber than a bag of dull potatoes with no juice.

13. liljojo

liljojo Member

Well they're making oodles of money, so they can't be entirely wrong.

14. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Exactly...:(

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

lolol, you sound like my ex-roommate. She gets annoyed that her fam likes to go see Tyler Perry movies.

I should have taken pictures at the movies last night...chicks were dressed up :). I was asking random women about the atmosphere in the Magic Mike theaters and they were saying the crowd was hollering and going wild. I don't think guys act so overtly sexual and crazy at movies geared towards them.

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

So...everyone's cool with their wives thinking about Tatum and McConaughey while they have sex ?

just checking

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm thinking about Avril Lavigne every time.

18. paperstacks1980

i can't believe how many ppl actually want to see this movie... channing tatum makes me sick lol

19. 713

713 Member

hes hot bruh.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It got 80% user and critic on rotten. That's solid.

I'll watch this at some point.