1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets take Royce White with 16th pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 28, 2012.

?

Do you like the pick of Royce White at #16 for the Rockets?

1. YES

460 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. NO

203 vote(s)
    30.6%
  1. Cyclones

Cyclones Member

I beleive its in the Sports Illustrated article that they did on him.....I will have to find it. Whatever article it is, its been posted all over the internet.

2. Cyclones

Cyclones Member

Here is the quote from the article. First talking about how he dominated Kentucky (the team he turned down and instead played for ISU) Then how nobody wwanted to face him.

"Davis would allow that "Royce was beating us by himself"—outrunning the likely No. 1 selection down the floor, abusing lottery lock Michael Kidd-Gilchrist with spin moves, besieging the rim.

In the end, zero projected top 15 picks agreed to work out against White for NBA teams. Doing so would be best described as high risk, low reward."

You guys need to do some research.

1 person likes this.
  3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Royce is the guy I wanted in this draft over everyone not named Davis and Robinson. He will be a better sf in the league than mkg. What I really like about Royce is he elevated his game to higher levels when facing the 2 best teams in college last yr and also looked like the best player on the court. This guys game is made for the nba, With more spacing, pick and roll and isolation being key in the nba these are the things that Royce excells at. I have seen Royce play quite a bit this past yr an in my honest opinion I think he's a sf at the next level guy has elite athletism for a guy his size and as long as he can move his feet an play good team defense he will be a superstar hea just so talented. I'm really happy with this pick. Morey couldn't get into the top 10 but he got IMO a swing for the fences top 5 prospect in this draft who I think is the best wing in the draft. We may have finally found our guy I really hope so cause we could use a guy like Royce to take over the team.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah we had one poster saying Morris was a big SF and a future superstar last year too...

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I really like the pick... felt he could have been selected 18 but dont mind him at 16 at all... guys game screams morey-type player...

I know alot of people are upset right now( you should honestly wait untill offseason is over to pass judgement )but i really think this guy will be a major player...

6. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

Correct. This week's SI has an article on White in it...

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

what can i say about Royce White. Another great pick.

7 foot wingspan
    5 assists per 30 minutes
    best handles i've seen on a college big-man
    outstanding rebounder

he has a very special skill-set, and i can't wait to see what he can do. Again, i don't care about need or position at this point; i care about talent. This kid is a special talent. We got a lot more talented last night

1 person likes this.
  8. Outlier

Outlier Member

Man, watching Royce's highlights is so much fun. This guy passes like freakin' Rubio. I'm convinced we have a star. This guy is gonna shut many haters up.

9. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

Don't get me wrong... I am all for getting "more talented" but...

... the Rox need to move some PFs down the road PDQ... hopefully for a quality center.

I wouldn't be shocked to see 2 of the 3 first round players traded soon...

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

you get the talent first; you worry about the trade later

11. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

I think it's safe to assume that...

... even the haters hope they are proven wrong and these guys (if they aren't traded) develop into stars or (at least) successful NBA players.

If they stay with Houston, let's give them a fair chance...

12. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

True enough...

... can't help but wonder what the roster's gonna look like come October... :confused:

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Why do all of your posts start with a bolded line. And why are you spamming the same stuff in multiple threads.

So tired of the weird-ass trolls on this board.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Remember how you felt during the draft, waiting to see what would happen? Multiply by an indefinite number, drink twelve cups of coffee in ten minutes, take a flight in a 50 year old Royal Jordanian Airlines prop job during a thunder storm at night, and get dumped by your girlfriend 10 minutes before the concert starts that you paid $300 bucks to take her to see. Anxiety issues, dude.

1 person likes this.
  15. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

It'd be so awesome if they could turn this guy into a successful point guard project.

16. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

Why do you care is a better question?

17. Outlier

Outlier Member

I like the way BEARCLAW posts personally lol. Better than DD and Rocket River (the writing style, not the content), no offense to those guys.

18. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I have a friend who has anxiety issues and its really really tough to deal with. Can't be explained.

That said, it's not like its going to be his first time playing basketball infront of a crowd. He'll need sometime to adapt and get used to his new life - just like in college - but he'll come around and be just fine IMO.

19. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Now lets schedule Hakeem to work out with him and show him how to dance in the post!

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

that's very interesting.