1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets take Royce White with 16th pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 28, 2012.

?

Do you like the pick of Royce White at #16 for the Rockets?

1. YES

460 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. NO

203 vote(s)
    30.6%
  1. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

He's about the show the world he's on Lebron's level. Yay!

2. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you. I don't see how he will get the minutes he needs with Parsons, Morris, Jones, Patterson, DMo and Scola splitting up the 3/4 minutes.

I don't think he has the lateral quickness to defend 3's without really strong defense and shot blockers at the 4/5.. Something the Rockets don't have.

He has huge hands which hurt his shooting ability.

He is very strong, skilled and wants to win ... But the Rockets are already loaded with projects like Morris, DMo and Patterson.

3. Bids9

Bids9 Member

What so hes a douchebag too???

4. liveguy

liveguy Member

That not good!

If he never worked out or interviewed with the Rox then he seems like a chip piece in a trade as well.

If he is that would be unfortunate cause I think he gonna be a player.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Morris is a better scorer, shooter and has better lateral quickness than White.
    White is a better rebounder, passer and under rated handle.

I don't think that White can defend 3's on a full time basis on the Rockets without strong interior defense.

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Guys.................................

Royce is a 4.

7. alethios

alethios Member

8. raining threes

The Rockets never draft C's. Maybe a C/PF tweener. LOL

9. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Is he planning on playing home games?

10. Cyclones

Cyclones Member

11. raining threes

49.8 FT% = LOL

Well I guess his FT% is better than Drummonds.

I do believe this guy is a player though. Too bad he will be warming the Rockets bench.

12. Cyclones

Cyclones Member

Hes not afraid of flying, he as anxiety, look it up. He gets afraid while driving to the airport. Ever had a panic attack? This kid has flown more than 99% of 80 year old adults in his lifetime. He never has missed a flight due to anxiety. The media has blown it way out of proportion. While he prefers not to fly, he gets it done.

As far as character issues, there are absolutely 0. The kid has practically donated his college career at ISU to public service and helping kids and the community.

13. Cyclones

Cyclones Member

His free throws need works. If you do some research you will find that he has the biggest hands in the draft. Think like shaq/dwight howard big. The ball looks like a softball in his hands. Thats what causes his free throw issues. Needs work, thats for sure.

14. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I do hope we give the kid a shot, he is definitely talented.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The handles intrigues me. He's about the same size as Artest. I wonder how his lateral quickness. Seems like a very high motor guy.

16. Cyclones

Cyclones Member

He is. This will sound silly to those who dont follow ISU basketball, but if Royce came back next year he would have a legit shot at player of the year. He was an all american this year coming out of nowhere thats not an easy task. Add that to the players we have coming in, we prob would have won or got 2nd in the big 12 and been a 1 or 2 seed. Deep tourney run. He would have been easy a top 10 pick.

He was the best player on the court in pretty much every game this year. That includes Kentucky, Uconn, Kansas, ect, who all had lottery picks.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

I like the pick, like what he can do as a PF. We'll see how it all turns out on the court (and off the court for that matter) but he has loads of potential.

18. mic

mic Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Morey called Royce White a top 5 talent if he didn't have the off the court issues. Said they became comfortable w/ him. Raves about him.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans.net (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/218562888619655169" data-datetime="2012-06-29T04:33:48+00:00">June 29, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Beat me to it.
    I'm a bit skeptical since they were pretty high on Marcus Morris too...

20. Egghead

Egghead Member

During the draft combine Chad Ford said he's a top 10 talent, would go higher if he didnt have anxiety issues