1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New fan introduction

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cmo624, Jun 28, 2012.

1. cmo624

cmo624 Member

Just wanted to say I'm a major hoops head and the Rockets became my favorite team tonight assuming they keep their draft class and Dragic on the roster. White and Jones are two of my favorites in the entire draft and Lamb certainly has shown flashes of being a productive, prototypical NBA 2-guard.

I apologize if any lifelong, diehards think this is weak for someone to be jumping on the bandwagon.

I'm interested in what the general consensus around here is as far as what the roster will look like on opening day, or what the ideal situation is?

Are there any fans who are unhappy with the draft?

General outlook on free agency?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated and best wishes!

2. TMacAttack

TMacAttack Member

insight...if the Rockets keep all of their drafts you might be the only Rockets fan.

3. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

I'm gonna let someone else field all those questions, but welcome to the board.

Also, I'm excited to see the young'uns play...if they're here long enough.

4. Mr.Rocket85

Mr.Rocket85 Member

True fans are there thru the good & the bad...and as for the Rox the mediocre. But welcome to the fan base. We won't suck forever. And McHale won't be our coach forever either.

5. Marteen

Marteen Member

Welcome. Btw what made you become a fan if you just became a fan tonight?

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Welcome........Obi-"1"- Kenobi....Let the force be with you...

7. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

I'm interested in what the general consensus around here is as far as what the roster will look like on opening day, or what the ideal situation is? I think most are expecting Lowry, Kevin Martin, and at least one or two of the current PF on the roster to be moved. Hopefully for a starting C and backup PG.

Are there any fans who are unhappy with the draft? Is this a troll?

General outlook on free agency? No free agents want to come to Houston. Hopefully Rockets are able to re-sign Dragic and Lee.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Welcome. There will be major roster turnover, be ready to possibly see your boys on the move.

9. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

My ideal situation:

Dragic/Lowry/Acquired via trade
    Lamb/Lee
    Parsons/White/Morris
    Scola/Donuts/T. Jones
    Acquired via trade/Camby

I would prefer to hold onto Lowry, but he's arguably the Rockets most valuable asset and he's made it clear he won't accept a backup PG role.

Also, get used to referring to players as assets.

10. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Nice try, Daryl Morey.

1 person likes this.
  11. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Haha well played sir, well played

12. smr6

smr6 Member

Well currently 9 of our 12 players guaranteed to be on our roster next year are forwards. So I would hope that the roster will see some changes before the season starts.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

You can tell by the threads in the GARM that we are generally very ecstatic about our draft picks.

14. cmo624

cmo624 Member

Well I passively cheered for you guys when Dragic was at the helm at the end of last year as he's been a personal favorite since he's come into the league, and White and Jones are also two guys who have games I'm a big fan of.

They definitely have a great pool of talent to mix and match.

15. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Juck the fazz

16. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

You wont be called a bandwagon fan if you are start to root for the rockets now. with the roster like this is not going to contend for the title.

If we got Dwight Howard (very unlikely) then you can say you were a rockets fan before Dwight signs with us. :grin: